Royal Mail Rant..... :(

kit603

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Sorry for whining ladies, but seeing as I can't moan to OH (it's his xmas pressie they've lost...) I thought i'd whine in here... :blush:

I ordered an xbox game from play.com on the 5th December, and my postman tried to deliver it on the 8th December whilst I was at work. He left me one of the "Sorry, you were out" cards, which said my parcel would be at the depo after 24 hours for collection or that I could book a redelivery. It takes longer to have it redelivered, so I figured i'd pick it up after work on the 9th December... but it wasn't there.

I've since been back on the 10th and today and my parcel still isn't at the depo and I just keep getting told to come back the next day. I asked to speak to a supervisor today who apologised but said that he couldn't really deal with my complaint right now as there was a queue of about 30 people (i'd waited for 45 mins to be told AGAIN that they still don't have my parcel). He gave me the number for Royal mail's general customer service line and told me to try them... :dohh::dohh: I was not happy, but there wasn't much I could do so i went home to give them a call and they said that there's nothing they can do for 15 days :growlmad::growlmad: and after that I need to get the sender to get in touch and that I can't actually complain myself as I wasn't the person that sent it!! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::nope::nope::nope::nope::nope:

Tried to take it further, and the woman I spoke to on the phone basically said that I should have either A) paid for special delivery or B) bought it in person from an actual store. So NOT the point!

Any tips on where to go from here? :shrug::shrug:

Its not play.coms fault as the parcel actually got from their warehouse to my front door in less than 72 hrs (credit to them!) and its royal mail that have screwed up, but... If I have to wait 15 days till play.com can make a complaint, then play.com have to wait 30 days for it to be resolved... xmas will have come and gone and I still won't have my parcel!

I would speak to Play - one of my amazon deliveries got lost, and they sent me out another one, no questions asked. They might be more helpful than royal mail!

Royal Mail suck, they keep refusing to put anything bigger than an a5 envelope with 1 sheet of paper through my letter box. A5 jiffy bags they knock on the door! Drives me nuts!

Royal Mail suck, they keep refusing to put anything bigger than an a5 envelope with 1 sheet of paper through my letter box. A5 jiffy bags they knock on the door! Drives me nuts!

I have the opposite problem here, mine tries to squeeze everything through, I sometimes watch her through my window, I mean why she doesn't knock I have no idea :wacko:

I had a problem last christmas with royal mail. I'd order a special battery for my husband as he does Radio Control Model flying, and it requires a fancy battery worth around £40. I got it sent special recorded delivery but I was out when it was delivered. I went to the depot to collect it 2 days later and was told it had already been picked up even though I had the red ticket in my hand. Eventually found the slip that the item had been signed for and it was someone called Sally Wemyss who had signed for my parcel addressed to Gill Duff. ?I'm sorry - which part of Sally Wemyss sounds anything like my name?? And why did they let someone sign for my parcel with no ID and a totally different name!? I was sooooooooooooo mad! I couldn't even find this Sally Wemyss to see if she had my parcel. If I had picked up a parcel by mistake I would have taken it round to them. Its not like anyone would know what this item was if you unwrapped it unless you did R/C model flying. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Thankfully the company I bought it off sent me another one free of charge and they claimed back off royal mail, but I feel bad that the company had to loose out when Royal Mail made such a big F**k up. It doesnt half annoy me sometimes. If they kept to theirs rules, there wouldn't be problems like this occuring!

i must admitt i have never had a problem with royal mail yesterday one of joshuas big presents came so it got sent to the post office because i wasnt in so today i went and collected it but when i got bk i had missed another one of his presents but my postman was so kind enough to come back to my house and re dliver it on his way home i was so impressed x

Royal Mail lost my Bounty Photos. I spoke to Bounty who resent them to me after sending me a form to sign to say that I'd never recieved them and put in a claim themselves at the Royal Mail :)

I've having the same problem with a gift for my OH!
Ordered from Annsummers and they won't send out another or investigate for 15 days by which time it'll be too late to get it for Xmas! :dohh:

Bloody pisses me off.

Royal mail really annoy me so I better get off this thread before I start ranting though! :p

omg if its not with you and not at the depo shoulndt they be asking your postie what the hell he did with it

My thoughts exactly!

I've telephoned Play's customer service team and they've said they'll see what they can do, and that if they can confirm with royal mail that they've lost it then they might be send another out for me and claim back the other from royal mail. I think that's really good of them considering its not their fault :)

Still annoyed with Royal Mail though... as if it wasn't enough that they've lost it and won't admit it till 15 days have passed, their idea of customer service is appauling, i've had to phone an 0845 number several times and stay on the line for ages and its difficult to get through to speak to an actual person AND i've had to waste time and money going to the depo :(

Like someone else said though, its probably big enough to have fit through the letter box anyway because i've had their games/dvds posted through before and they're always in small amounts of packaging and fit easily.

Royal Mail are totally & utterly useless.
I had absolutley no sympathy at all with them when they were striking, TBH a machine would a damn better than they would.

It took RM 3 attempts to deliver a parcel someone from here sent me.
1st time they delivered it to her.
2nd time it seemed to go awol until she put in a complaint then it mysteriously turned up @ hers minus the address label to me.

Our delivery ppl are so hit & miss. We have a couple who are fantastic.
But most are awful. Today we had a parcel that wouldn't fit in pur post box, so she just rang the bell then dumped it on the top & buggered off.

I hope you get your game in time for Christmas. It sounds to me as if either postie has nicked it or someone @ the depot has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->