Rude comments!

FarmersWife5

Reaction score
A male somewhat friend of mine, asked me how pregnancy was going and how far along I was. I said it was going great and how far along I was..

Then he proceeds to say just wait till you have to give birth, NASTY! It'll be disgusting all that tearing and gross stuff.. whoever said child birth was a beautiful thing, should be smacked in the face. I'd never watch a women give birth, puke.

I was freaking appalled! I couldn't even respond, because I was so shocked someone would say that! This is a 27 year old man!! Whoever marrys him and carrys his child, god bless her. What a childish and horrible thing to say to someone.

I still cannot even believe what I read! Has anyone else had crazy things said to them? Wow. :wacko: some peoples nerves!

I believe that having a baby is emotionally and spiritually a beautiful thing...how can bring a new life into this world not be? BUT the actually physical part of birth wasn't that beautiful for me, I thought it was gross and I said so inbetween pushes...DH agreed that it wasn't as beautiful as he thought either, but our DD was beautiful and the work I did to bring her into this world was beautiful and the fact that we created a life and shared that special moment together was beautiful...maybe it's just me, but physically birth just isn't as beautiful as everyone kept insisting it would be, I'm probably in the minority here though.

BUT HOW RUDE of him to talk about something he knows nothing about!

Yes it's rude that he said it but I think MANY men think it.. After Ds I cried because no one told me (or I failed to realize) that my va-j-j- was going to be unrecognizable for a little while due to swelling. I mistakenly told OH about the slime coming out of same va-j-j- during this pregnancy and he hasn't "gone down" since.. HAHAHA.. I asked him if there is a reason he isn't venturing toward his usual favourite place and he said yeah "cause you told me about that gross slime".. HAHA.. I won't talk about that again..

Yeah, I think men see it as a "ruining" of the part that they love so dearly.. Really it kinda is as so many women complain of "down there" issues after child birth. SO yeah, for sure the guy has no tact, but really if he isn't your OH then let some other poor soul deal with him.. :)

I have a guy friend who randomly messages me on FB to see how much weight I've gained and when I tell him how much I weigh he says "that's good don't become one of those fatties".. :)

Men are stupid.

I believe that having a baby is emotionally and spiritually a beautiful thing...how can bring a new life into this world not be? BUT the actually physical part of birth wasn't that beautiful for me, I thought it was gross and I said so inbetween pushes...DH agreed that it wasn't as beautiful as he thought either, but our DD was beautiful and the work I did to bring her into this world was beautiful and the fact that we created a life and shared that special moment together was beautiful...maybe it's just me, but physically birth just isn't as beautiful as everyone kept insisting it would be, I'm probably in the minority here though.

BUT HOW RUDE of him to talk about something he knows nothing about!

This is my first, however I agree and think it will also not be so.. peachy we will say. I am sure it will be gross, will everything going on etc. However I cant wrap my head around a man, who has no children, etc, to say something like that! Its just rude and something you just don't say.. If a friend of mine who has gone through and we were just talking about it etc.. and said it was nasty etc.. That is different.

But I agree that the beautiful part about it, is that your bringing a child into the world. YOUR child into the world, that is the beautiful part.. Not all the other stuff. So I agree with that..

Yes it's rude that he said it but I think MANY men think it.. After Ds I cried because no one told me (or I failed to realize) that my va-j-j- was going to be unrecognizable for a little while due to swelling. I mistakenly told OH about the slime coming out of same va-j-j- during this pregnancy and he hasn't "gone down" since.. HAHAHA.. I asked him if there is a reason he isn't venturing toward his usual favourite place and he said yeah "cause you told me about that gross slime".. HAHA.. I won't talk about that again..

Yeah, I think men see it as a "ruining" of the part that they love so dearly.. Really it kinda is as so many women complain of "down there" issues after child birth. SO yeah, for sure the guy has no tact, but really if he isn't your OH then let some other poor soul deal with him.. :)

I have a guy friend who randomly messages me on FB to see how much weight I've gained and when I tell him how much I weigh he says "that's good don't become one of those fatties".. :)

Men are stupid.

Oh boy!! I am sure my DH wont say the birthing process is hot by any means haha. However.. he does help cows give birth, and cleans the after birth up.. Sooo I know I am nothing like a cow, but now that is gross. So he hasn't mentioned anything being gross when it comes to me giving birth.

I won't lie.. I watched my sister give birth to my nephew and it was one of the nastiest things I've ever seen in my life.. The doctor actually stopped tending you my sister to fan me and give me smelling salt because I was about to pass out. Due to that I don't want a mirror, I don't to see anything besides my son once he is out and I have no problem admitting that. I wouldn't say it to anyone I don't know extremely well because a lot of women take offense.

The experience was beautiful, physically it was a little unusual lol. But he has no right to say anything, it makes him sound like an immature jerk.

I didn't think I would want a mirror with my son but they told me to look at the reflection in the mirror on the ceiling and once I could see what I was doing I had him out in less than 10 minutes! :haha: it felt like useless pushing until I could see his head moving. Anyway, ill be definitely looking with this one!

Lolll.... Boy I agree.... I had my first via emergency c section and this time around I am having a csec again... So I dunno really, but yeah I saw one on nat geo and I couldn't stop puking... It was yucky.... Eeeewwwwww..... So there's really no need to take offence I think, coz I like oranges and u like apples... Both are fine I guess....

Giving birth to my daughter was beautiful for my heart. My eyes on the other hand was whole different experience. Mostly post birth I should say. I just wasn't prepared for the gory details that followed pushing her out. That said, it was MY body and MY experience. Same for you, this guy has no business commenting or expressing his opinions to you. It was definitely rude! I don't blame you for being upset.

Unless you have experienced it yourself, it is hard to imagine how you would react to childbirth. A 27 year old "man" with no experience is hardly able to take in and appreciate the proccess.

He's probably just a nieve young adult. I've heard other young adult make comments as such, and I always just think to myself.. "Just you wait until you find yourself in this situation"... and I quietly laugh to myself. There's no sense in even trying to argue with them because they are so sure they are right. Hopefully you can come back around later and "remind" him of his comment when his wife/girlfriend has given birth.. or is just about too... ;)

I've given birth before and I've watched quite a few on tv and YouTube with close ups. Yes, there is blood but don't know what's gross about that. Maybe the placenta looks a bit gross? I only saw it after it was out and it looked like liver. And I suppose people often poo during labour an pushing. I wouldn't want to see that but I am not grossed out by the other stuff. Maybe my husband would be though and I probably wouldn't have him down that end unless he had to deliver this next one.
Seriously don't know what people expect though if they are grossed out by blood and the baby coming out.

My dh cried when our kids were born. He didn't comment other than saying "it was the most wonderful thing he had ever seen".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->