Rule overload...

MesaMum

Reaction score
Perhaps it's just because I'm a noob (7 weeks) but I have a growing paranoia about all the "do's and dont's". I don't do anything considered sufficiently "wrong" by the lists but...what if I mess up and have 2 cokes one day? What if I can't get my current cavity filled yet (insurance pays 80% and I'm tapped out at the moment)? There are so many websites with terrifying information about too much caffiene and bacteria from tooth decay...I'm just worrying myself to death.

I'm also having fits with sleeping. Per my ob, I'm allowed to take 2 Tylenol PM at night but my schedule is not normal. My new "normal" seems to be that I'm up for work at 6am - 3pm then I rush home to get my husband to work and pick him up again at 11pm...rinse repeat. I try to take a nap in between dropping him off and picking him up but I cannot fall asleep naturally and I cannot take any pills or I won't have any way to fall asleep after 11p. I've tried warm milk, my room is dark, I don't watch television in bed, etc.
Any suggestions before I drive myself crazy? :dohh:

i didnt know tylenol pm was good during pregnancy. im the same way though being a first timer and all, i got freaked out by drinking my first cup of non herbal tea this morning, and doing heavy lifting/straining tonight. so just take care of yourself and when you go to the doc ask him/her what you should/shouldnt do. they would know better than some websites im sure.

hun relax, take things in moderation and trust yourself and have a little sensible list like no smoking, drinking, little stress exercise etc. you will worry yourself sick cause i think if you look everywhere they will ban everything lol relax and take one day at a time... when i was pregnant i was very high risk so everything was very structured and was on bed rest for 17weeks alot of time didn't listen lol i remember having a craving for soft boiled eggs lol by the time i had my son i forgot all about it lol i cut all caffine out my diet for the first few weeks although cause it can cause miscarriage :( i really hope you settle soon its normal to be worried so don't look online honestly you'll scare yourself to death.

Sorry, i don't have any tips for falling asleep but i can relate regarding the worry. I also go by the moderation rule for the most part although I've cut out coffee and aspartame. I freaked out the other day when I realized I had eaten a bunch of feta without thinking...oops. Anyways, it's easy to drive oneself crazy with worry but I bet the worry itself is worse than the odd "slip-up" food-wise.

Hope the sleeping gets better for you.

I freaked out a lot with my first. This time around I'm WAY more relaxed about everything... aside from drugs and alcohol, I don't really have anything on my "no-no" list... I just put everything bad on my "with moderation" list. It'll be a terrible pregnancy if you're paranoid about every little thing you put in your mouth. And at least for me, the things I deny myself are always the things I crave the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->