• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

S T M ( Single Teen Mummy & Mummy-to-be's )

ooooo!!! im a single mummy! ive got a 5 month old little girl called Lexi. she was born on the 18th May. me nd her dad broke up two days before i found out. we didnt really talk that much whilst i was pregnant :( but we're good friends again now and he has made up for it a bit. but yes...very immature and doesnt realise just how lucky he is to hav a beautiful baby wen there are so many people out there who desperately want a child and cant hav one!!

Cookie123 - Such a gorgeous little girl!! :pink:
Good to see some FOB's can change after the LO's are born. :thumbup:

So theres loads of posts about peoples cravings, anyone figure something
they CANNOT STAND?!... Ive gone off Bacon, Sausages, Energy drink and
the smell of cooking mince and onions. Lol, how odd? Haha..

x

I'm Rachel, i'm 18 and i have 2 gorgeous little babies.
Jayden Robert Kyle 11.07.08
Macie-Leigh 31.07.09

xx

When are you supposed to get cravings??
Ive had no morning sickness i feel so lucky!
but i just wana eat food all the time and the nearest is junk!!xx

I'm lucky and had no sickness either! :) Woop!
Has nausea from mid week 8 - week 10 but was never actually sick.

Had my first actual craving around week 19... for Toblerone! Haha
Just happened to be one of those really annoying midnight cravings
where there was none in the house and I had to wait. Its seriously
frustrating how badly you want them too! Never realised how much
the term "craving" actually means what it implys! Haha... Ditzy moment
but you know what I mean.. Haha :thumbup:

x

I'm new to this whole thing, but I am 17 years old and my baby is due June 17th, 2010. The father and I were never together and as of today I still haven't told him. I am extremely scared, but excited to be a mom at the same time!

you dodgy people not getting morning sickness! :growlmad:
haha, i had really bad morning sickness! it seemed to go on forever :cry: ( :rofl: ) i officially hate you's :( im only joking girlies, your just lucky in my books huff!
haha xx

you dodgy people not getting morning sickness! :growlmad:
haha, i had really bad morning sickness! it seemed to go on forever :cry: ( :rofl: ) i officially hate you's :( im only joking girlies, your just lucky in my books huff!
haha xx

Haha :rofl::happydance:
Aren't we all mean rubbing it in aswell? :haha:
Yeeaaaahh, we're the lucky ones so far...

Although i've been told that the whole sickness thing
can come later on in the pregnancy instead! :wacko:

* Fingers crossed that won't happen! * Lol. x

Hiya Girlies :D

I've been buying stuff since I first found out that Tattie was pregnant - at about 5 weeks LOL.... moses baskets, rocking crib, travel system, bouncing chair, baby bath, toiletries, neutral clothes, sheets, blankets, bedding sets, sterilisers.... every week when I go shopping I spend about £15 on bits and bobs and pick up bargains from ebay as and when they crop up :D

Good News - Hattie has been allocated her temporary housing... no bed and breakfast, just straight into a sweet little two bedroom semi with a garden :happydance: It's not as close to me as I'd like, but it's only 20 minutes away and once LO is born she'll rent privately much closer. This house is spotlessly clean, freshly decorated and has an absolutely FAB kitchen and bathroom :D

I've been buying stuff since I first found out that Tattie was pregnant - at about 5 weeks LOL.... moses baskets, rocking crib, travel system, bouncing chair, baby bath, toiletries, neutral clothes, sheets, blankets, bedding sets, sterilisers.... every week when I go shopping I spend about £15 on bits and bobs and pick up bargains from ebay as and when they crop up :D

Good News - Hattie has been allocated her temporary housing... no bed and breakfast, just straight into a sweet little two bedroom semi with a garden :happydance: It's not as close to me as I'd like, but it's only 20 minutes away and once LO is born she'll rent privately much closer. This house is spotlessly clean, freshly decorated and has an absolutely FAB kitchen and bathroom :D

Yeah I've been buying my baby bits like that too - week at a time. :thumbup:

&& Omg, she's got her housing sorted already? How?! :(
I've been told I have to wait until LO is 18 months to get a place of my own
and If I'm to try getting a place before she's born that I can only get a 1
bedroom accomodation!
:growlmad: Peterborough needs to pull a finger out I reckonn!! :growlmad:

x

x

whats nausea?!?!!!

awww noooo!! week 19 ill dread the cravings then! lol .. im lucky 24 hour spar around corner ;) muahah xxx

Aww how far gone is she? i need my own place.. but i dont know how to go about it, thing is ive started anew job aswell and i hate it ther! and i dont think ill be there much longer anyway.. but as soon as they know im pregnant they wil let me go.. and the form i have says i need to get employee to fill abit out? plus im only on 100 pound a week :( so i should get help shouldnt i ??
ohh please help me :) Xxx

Yeah I've been buying my baby bits like that too - week at a time. :thumbup:

&& Omg, she's got her housing sorted already? How?! :(
I've been told I have to wait until LO is 18 months to get a place of my own
and If I'm to try getting a place before she's born that I can only get a 1
bedroom accomodation!
:growlmad: Peterborough needs to pull a finger out I reckonn!! :growlmad:

x

Yes - we were told that about the one bedroom accommodation as well! It's just luck that she got this place, because she became homeless (I formally evicted her - with her complete agreement of course!) on the same day that this place came up. So rather than put her into a B&B and then wait until a one bedroom/studio came up, they put her into this one. The stupid thing is that they are paying £800 a month for this, because it's Council emergency accommodation, but if we were to rent privately they would only pay £260 a month in housing benefit.

Once the baby is born we will withdraw from the council housing list and rent a 2 bedroom place privately over this side of town for the £500+ that they will then pay in housing benefit because the baby is here. The fact that we could do that now (and save them money) is apparently irrelevant because it wouldn't be 'emergency housing' :wacko:

Aww how far gone is she? i need my own place.. but i dont know how to go about it, thing is ive started anew job aswell and i hate it ther! and i dont think ill be there much longer anyway.. but as soon as they know im pregnant they wil let me go.. and the form i have says i need to get employee to fill abit out? plus im only on 100 pound a week :( so i should get help shouldnt i ??

Emz, your employers CANNOT get rid of you because you are pregnant OK? :hugs: If they do then they are breaking all kinds of laws and you could sue the a** off them .... so don't worry about that side of things.

You need your parents to formally evict you by letter to get a place of your own. I gave Tattie an eviction letter, with a date of 31st October back in September and she took it down to the housing office. They then rang me to try to change my mind, which is what they always do apparently. I refused to back down and they then had to find her emergency accommodation from that date. Normally they put people into a bed and breakfast for 2 to 3 weeks and then allocate temporary accommodation - which can be anything from a bedsit up. Tattie just got lucky that this place became available on the day she was made homeless, so they skipped the bed and breakfast bit. Once the LO is born they will then leave you in the temporary acommodation until a permanent council place comes up (but you have no choice about where any of these places are).

Until the baby comes you are not entitled to housing benefit that is more than £260 per month, which makes private renting while pregnant impossible, unless you want to live in shared housing - so becoming homeless is the only way to get a place with the rent paid - it's mad but it's the way that the rules work :wacko:

Now you're not entitled to income support until you are 29 weeks pregnant, but with your rent and council tax paid you should be able to budget for food and bills from £100 per week - Tattie gets a little bit less than that and she may be entitled to some money from the hardship fund (she's 19 weeks), which isn't the same as income support. We're not too sure how that is going to work out yet - that will all get sorted out next week - once she has moved in - but I'll let you know :D

x

whats nausea?!?!!!

awww noooo!! week 19 ill dread the cravings then! lol .. im lucky 24 hour spar around corner ;) muahah xxx

Nausea = feeling sick! :dohh::thumbup:

Lol - you won't be feeling so worried about the cravings when you get
them. It's more like a "I want, so I'm gonna get and not worry about
the calories I have to burn tomorrow" Haha :haha: x

Hi Was having a read about the housing and income. Im currently in a one bed flat payed for buy housing benefits £450 a month for me and my boyfriend but once little madam gets here our housing benefits goes up to £675 a month! so were going to rent a 2 bedhouse. And income I am also on income support they did want to put me on job seekers but as I was in education e.g left sixith form or college. I got put on income support, Income support covers you for 20 weeks after leaving education But ill be over 28 weeks then :) . I dont know how but I seam to know my way around the system and doing quite well any advicee needed you can pm me if you like x x

x

whats nausea?!?!!!

Nausea = feeling sick! :dohh::thumbup:

Lol - you won't be feeling so worried about the cravings when you get
them. It's more like a "I want, so I'm gonna get and not worry about
the calories I have to burn tomorrow" Haha :haha: x

Verryyy Veryy truee, But another one comes up the next dayy and I forget to work it off :blush: terrible!! Well the running down to shop does count dont it :haha:

Haha - we can make running to the shops count if you wanna? :haha:

x

Emz, your employers CANNOT get rid of you because you are pregnant OK? :hugs: If they do then they are breaking all kinds of laws and you could sue the a** off them .... so don't worry about that side of things.

You need your parents to formally evict you by letter to get a place of your own. I gave Tattie an eviction letter, with a date of 31st October back in September and she took it down to the housing office. They then rang me to try to change my mind, which is what they always do apparently. I refused to back down and they then had to find her emergency accommodation from that date. Normally they put people into a bed and breakfast for 2 to 3 weeks and then allocate temporary accommodation - which can be anything from a bedsit up. Tattie just got lucky that this place became available on the day she was made homeless, so they skipped the bed and breakfast bit. Once the LO is born they will then leave you in the temporary acommodation until a permanent council place comes up (but you have no choice about where any of these places are).

Until the baby comes you are not entitled to housing benefit that is more than £260 per month, which makes private renting while pregnant impossible, unless you want to live in shared housing - so becoming homeless is the only way to get a place with the rent paid - it's mad but it's the way that the rules work :wacko:

Now you're not entitled to income support until you are 29 weeks pregnant, but with your rent and council tax paid you should be able to budget for food and bills from £100 per week - Tattie gets a little bit less than that and she may be entitled to some money from the hardship fund (she's 19 weeks), which isn't the same as income support. We're not too sure how that is going to work out yet - that will all get sorted out next week - once she has moved in - but I'll let you know :D

Aww okay ill have too see what goes on! aha
and yeahh let me know.. did she fill out a form first or go straight to housing offices x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->