Sad news for Tui today.

I hope today went as well as could be expected xxx

Hi girls. Thank you for your well wishes.

I'm back home now. Not feeling too bad but full of pain killers still.

Op went really well. No complications. Really nice hospital (as far as they go) and the doctors and nurses were fab, and boy there were loads. I had about 10 in the operating room.

Surgeon put my mind at rest about scaring etc. He said he always makes a point to be really gentle, as he knows how important it is. He seemed a gentle man too so I believed him. Some doctors barely give you the time of day but these lots were really good. It is the same hospital and unit where I would give birth so I'm feeling better about going there (hopefully) in the future.

So looking forward now. Doctor/surgeon/midwife all told me I don't have to wait. Old school thinking apparently. I have a leaflet that says no sex for 10 days. Does that sound right? I'm hoping I won't ovulate before then with my short cycles. My hcg is quite low now so I don't think it will be long before I'm back to regular cycles. Fingers crossed.

Love to all x

Glad it went as well as it could have, considering what you were going through.

I've never had a D&C but I would think that around 10 days sounds right, considering you've just had surgery. But if you use OPKs to monitor your ovulation, that will give you a better idea of when you need to BD - it may be that your o is slightly delayed, which would give you more time; what CD do you usually o on?

Wishing you a speedy recovery :hugs:

I ovulate cd11 to cd13 so quite early. Maybe I'll get an extra couple of days this time, but I trust my body to ovulate when the time is right. I have opks ready and IC for testing out hcg.

I would guess that if you thought you were going to o around CD11 and got a +OPK on CD9 and wanted to take the chance of BD on day 9 (rather than waiting 10 days), if you felt ok, you probably could. Obviously that's not proper medical advice but I like your way of putting it, that you trust your body to o when the time is right :)

Thanks hun. To be honest I think I'd be very lucky just to snap back into normal cycles. It's bound to take a bit longer. I'll be studying those pee sticks carefully though! How are you doing?

Hi Tui,

I'm glad that the doctors and nurses were good to you, it makes such a difference. I know I didn't have the same procedure, but my team of doctors, nurses, anesthetists and recovery nurses were absolutely amazing, wonderful people and it made my time in there that much better to deal with. My surgeon has said no sex for 2 weeks after my procedure - I'm hoping to be good to go for next ovulation too, which seems to work out as I've now got AF, she arrived a couple days after operation.

I'm here with you on this journey, us Kiwi girls! We can do this x

Thinking of you.

Glad you are ok, Hun. Next step is rainbow baby, but in the meantime, please rest up!!! Take as much or as little time as your body tells you that you need. Many :hugs:

Tui - I'm glad you are home, doing well & had such caring Dr's & Nurses. I'm sending lots of light & love to recover well from your procedure & hopefully that rainbow baby is right around the bend! Fx Fx Fx

Glad all went well :hugs: get some rest and relaxation for now, hoping your sticky healthy rainbow is just around the corner Tui!

Tui glad to hear all went well. When I had mine my next af came 5 weeks later. My cycles are 31-34 days so it was a bit of a delayed ovulation. I think your body will take the time to recover then drop the egg and by then you'll have a good chance to catch it. Be good to yourself. Praying you recover and catch your rainbow soon!

glad to hear all went well and you were well taken care of xxx

Thanks hun. To be honest I think I'd be very lucky just to snap back into normal cycles. It's bound to take a bit longer. I'll be studying those pee sticks carefully though! How are you doing?

I'm grand thanks. It's a long weekend here, so 4 days off now! :happydance: Always hard to know what our bodies will do. AF isn't usually significantly delayed for me, but I don't think that I o'd for the 2 months after my first m/c. I certainly did after my 2nd & 4th, think I did this time after 5th, not sure about 3rd - I can't remember. I think sometimes it depends how far along you were or should have been. Still I hope you gets lots of rest, I'm always a bit surprised at how tired I am after m/c.

Now, I'm ready for you to recover and to bring home the rainbow. :hugs:

Well my bleeding was light and lasted less than 24hrs. I have started getting normal white cm already. Can't believe how well things have gone.

My IC hpts are showing only the faintest line now but opks are still almost positive. Guess that is normal though. No idea what lh levels do during mc.

So this will be my last post on here. Time to move on and try again. Thank you so much to all the girls who got me through this horrible time. You kindness was much appreciated.

See you all on the August testing thread hopefully, if there is one?

All the best to you lovely lady xxxxxx

You should make a journal so we can continue to stalk?

I agree. Please make a journal. We are going to see a rainbow. After your HPT go negative it'll be time to watch for O. Are you trying right away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->