*SAD UPDATE p. 3* Why am I not pregnant yet???

bostonblonde

Reaction score
Just wondering if there's anyone else like me. I got pregnant first try, then had my D&C in May. I was certain I'd fall pregnant again easily. But 6 months on, nothing. :shrug: (And that is not for a lack of trying!)

My cycles are like clockwork, perfect 28 days. I just turned 27 so age isn't a factor. I get a positive OPK each month same day. It's a complete mystery!

I am just thinking what a cruel joke this is. All I wanted was to fall pregnant again right away to help me get past my grief, like so many people on here do. But my body's acting like I'm back on the pill!

Please don't say "just relax, it will happen when you're not trying". I am being as relaxed as possible.

I already saw my doctor, but he said give it until the one year mark (!!!) There's no way I'm waiting that long. This can't be normal. :nope:

hey boston! we chatted awhile back and we had our losses around the same time. I too struggled with why it is taking so long when the first time seemed to happen so easily. Last month I armed myself with everything I could and then did SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) along with taking evening primrose oil, cough syrup, and a slew of vitamins. I managed to get a BFP last week, but am obviously still worried that something bad is going to happen soon. I have no idea why it took so long for me either as I also have spot-on 28 day cycles with ovulation every month. My doctor said the same thing and didn't want to even start with testing, so he wasn't much help.
Good luck! I'm sure it's just around the corner....

Unfortunately it doesn't always happen when we want it to or none of us would be posting in here. All you can do is keep trying and accepting that it will happen when it is supposed to.
There are plenty people who have tried for a long time before it happens for them and some people seem to get pregnant at the drop of a hat.
It is really hard, but all you can do is keep trying.

Age is a factor for me and I waited to have a baby when the time was right, I MC in August and no luck that last two months, I am trusting when it is meant to happen it will happen.

Good luck to you :hugs:

Tell me about it Boston, I had mmc April, then had a d&c in june cos of retained products. Now I have just discovered I have a polyp. So I totally know how you feel. Just cant wait to fall preg again. Happened straight way for us the first time.

Good luck and loads of :dust:

Hi Boston,
I ask myself the same question everyday! I fell pregnant first try like you and miscarried in March. Everyone said 'I bet you will be pregnant by xmas' but they are eating their words now! I know its annoying but you just have to give it time and let it happen, it can only happen naturally no matter how much we try to control it. I hate it when people say it will happen when your not trying even though we are never not trying! But it seems to be true. I think part of it is letting go of the miscarraige and being happy at last. These babies will never be forgotten and will always be loved but we have to move on, then things will start to happen. Good luck xx

I know how you feel too. When I got pregnant with my DD, it happened the first time that we tried. I had been on the pill for 15 years! When we tried for baby #2 it took 5 months. Then I had a MMC at 13 weeks. Then it took another 6 months to get pregnant again. Once you do get pregnant, you'll look back and think 'oh well it didn't take that long!', but now it feels like an eternity!!

I feel that way too hon .... but it took me a long time the first time too so I'm used to it.

Pregoinnorge - "evening primrose oil, cough syrup, and a slew of vitamins" - what vitamins did you take specifically and what does evening primrose oil do and how do you take it? TIA :)

the EPO is supposed to help with thinning out the cervical mucus. I was taking 3000 mg (I think) everyday until ovulation. You're not supposed to take it afterwards because it supposedly can cause uterine contractions.
As for the vitamins, I started with fish oil capsules, a regular multivitamin with folic acid of course, and some extra b vitamins because my doctor claimed that I may be having trouble absorbing them since I tend to have weak nails. I don't know if this was just all a bunch of hocus pocus, but my nails look better and I got a BFP. In the end though, we know it's all just luck. And that part totally sucks.
Hope that helps :)

After my miscarriage in August, my MD diagnosed me with PCOS. I have been on Clomid for two rounds now (even though I apparently ovulate) to improve my progesterone level. He now has me on Metformin and Prometrium. Have you had any testing done? If nothing happens this month, then I want to have a full work-up including an HSG.

Hi Boston,

I miscarried in February, and have tried every month since - tracking my cycles to the day. I have normal cycles too, positive OPK's every month, my temps follow a perfect chart, etc. I got pregnant right away w/the first one. Now it's November, and still nothing! I know your frustration. Called my doc last month, and she ran some blood work & an ultrasound but everything seems fine. She won't do more until the one year mark. She gave me the whole "relax & it'll happen speech" too - I wanted to scream. Reading everyone's posts has made me realize though that it can just take a long time, without anything being wrong. I wanted so badly to be pregnant before my old due date, thinking it would help w/the mental pain, and it seems so unfair that it doesn't happen the way we want it to. Baby dust to you ~

Jamie

Don't know what to suggest but just keep on keeping on. It has happened for you before and it will happen again....even if it doesn't seem that way.

For the record, relaxing about it is b*llocks! I got lucky immediately after my 2nd ectopic and being told both my tubes were damaged and I needed IVF! I was NOT relaxed in any way shape or form. DH and I had a "perfect score" for BD timing every month and nothing happened. The month I had given up on the world and I wasn't even using OPKs to know when ov was going to happen, it did!
It truly is the most impossible and easy thing in the world to fall pregnant.
Still haven't forgotten what it feels like to be waiting for your forever baby though...:hugs:

I had the same thing happen to me:hugs: I got pregnant right away and then after the D&C it took us 9 months to fall pregnant with twins (1st round of clomid.) Sadly I miscarried and have actually had 4 miscarriages in about a 2 year span. Since the twin pregnancy I have been able to fall pregnant withing 1 or two cycles. I'm 23 so age is not a factor for me either. Good luck! I hope you get your sticky :bfp: asap:flower:

EDIT: another thing that worked for me besides clomid was royal jelly and bee pollen. My hubby and I both take it because it helps with sperm and egg quality as well as regulating your hormones.

^^ I second the vote for Royal Jelly! It was the only thing I was taking different this cycle. :thumbup:
Apparently it's good for men too although I only ever gave zinc and vit c to DH.

UPDATE: OK. I can't believe that a day after I posted this, I got BFP. It was totally unexpected because I felt exactly like AF was coming. There were no clues whatsoever, apart from a persistent lower backache. I even had AF cramps! Don't give up until AF comes!

Here's what I recommend: guaifenesin. That's the only thing I did differently. I took a cough medicine with guaifenesin as the only active ingredient from my first "fertile day" onwards. I swear, that's what did it!! Please give it a try if you haven't already.

Another thing I did was have DH hide all my preg tests so I wouldn't devastate myself. I didn't test until I was late. That helped me stay sane.

Thank you so much for your replies, the pain of all those months of trying is still very fresh in my mind. I was at a very low point when I made this post, so I am not taking this for granted one bit. I really and sincerely hope everyone who replied gets their BFPs unexpectedly soon too. And congrats to pregoinnorge! :hugs:

UPDATE: OK. I can't believe that a day after I posted this, I got BFP. It was totally unexpected because I felt exactly like AF was coming. There were no clues whatsoever, apart from a persistent lower backache. I even had AF cramps! Don't give up until AF comes!

Here's what I recommend: guaifenesin. That's the only thing I did differently. I took a cough medicine with guaifenesin as the only active ingredient from my first "fertile day" onwards. I swear, that's what did it!! Please give it a try if you haven't already.

Another thing I did was have DH hide all my preg tests so I wouldn't devastate myself. I didn't test until I was late. That helped me stay sane.

Thank you so much for your replies, the pain of all those months of trying is still very fresh in my mind. I was at a very low point when I made this post, so I am not taking this for granted one bit. I really and sincerely hope everyone who replied gets their BFPs unexpectedly soon too. And congrats to pregoinnorge! :hugs:

CONGRATULATIONS! Happy and healthy pregnancy to you and I will look up that stuff you used! :)

aw wow congratualtions!!

Good tip about hiding the tests!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back