Said I Wouldn't but.... Here goes

I

IrishTwins

Told myself I wouldn't do this sort of hyper-focusing on anything pg related but I have a DD issue

I know when DH and I conceived because we only dtd ONCE in the month of June.. I don't know the start date of LMP because I was 2.5 months postpartum and the witch had only shown twice before missing what would have been the third.

All that being said I used this https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-due-date-calculator

and it gives option of calculation on DOC - leaves me with a DD of March 16. Yet Scan predicted DD of March 25 - so I'm measuring small.

That scan was sent from GP to OB and OB called to change 12 week appt to a week later (annoying)... So I'm stuck with the difference of 9+3 vs 8+1 which is sorta a difference as I'd kinda like to know once I've hit second tri -

Anyway - should I be going by what I know date to be or what scan showed and someone interpreted from scan?

Thanks ladies..

Hmm. Been through this one more than once! I personally have found Drs very hard to argue with! I've never been able to change my due date.

In my experience, the doctor will go by the scan. Perhaps baby will go thru a growth spurt by the time you have next scan and will be at or closer to your date.

I agree I don't think you'll be able to change it as whilst you know when you DTD you could have ov'd up to a few days later than that and baby could have implanted late which would make up most of the discrepancy in dates

I can imagine it sucks to repeat a week though

Thanks ladies. I guess it's not really a huge difference and as mentioned could have O'd late or implanted late. I don't plan on 40 weeks regardless. :). I just find that people will ask how far along I am and 9 sounds a whole lot better than 8. Also new date is 2 days before dd birthdate - but yeah I can totally see how a week is really nothing in the long run. :) thanks ladies.

I didn't think they changed dates based on scans until the official Dating scan at 12 weeks, as before then all babies grow at very different rates. I'd be a bit angry too tbh, what if you go to your 12 week scan and you're too far gone?!

They will always go by scan dates hun however I know quite a few people who have been back at 12 weeks and baby has caught up and back to the original dates they thought it was !!
Don't worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"