Salt?

Nope, they don't need it and excess salt can danage a babys kidneys

We've only given Hannah potatoes so far but no salt, just made it up with formula and she loved it

leeons 1 and i still dont add salt never have done i personally dont think any child should have salt no matter their age x

No, he is now 16mo so he eats things how I prepare them so some things have salt but I only use salt durng cooking, never add it on top of that. But I try to avoid it, if I buy canned veggies I be sure to get no salt added and things like that

No, don't even add it to cooking as to be honest since I haven't been I have lost the taste for it myself in food, pretty much :)

No, my lo is 9 and i dont even buy salt or sugar.

V xxx

No, never. As the other girls said, salt can damage kidneys! x

yes I do, as I don't want her food to be bland.
and I put a very minimal amount. All of us grew up on the same diet, and never had any issues at all.

Also, the rusks she eats already have salt in them....and they are storebought.

No way...it can kill them.

I've never added salt to my cooking, veggies or anything since I started cooking for the whole family. I can add a little after dishing up to my own plate if I think it needs it but I'm not a big "salt" person anyway (apart from on chips and salad:blush:).

here's just one of the scary things I've heared about concerning babies and salt:cry:

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/404667.stm

Its can be pretty dangerous to be honest, although some foods might taste bland to us babies taste buds are very sensitive.

If you think that to them breastmilk can taste different depending on what the mum eats/drinks but to us it would taste the same, you kind of get the idea that it isn't needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->