Same Sex Siblings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
So I have 2 boys 18months apart and I am really struggling what to get my youngest as we seem to already have every thing age appropriate.

I was thinking of getting mostly joint presents like all the Bob the builder vehicles and all the chuggington and/or Thomas trains and some toot toot stuff.

My oldest loves Octonaughts so want to get him the play sets -so I need to get some thing for the little one that clearly his...but I have no idea!!

Were currently living in a building site so cant get anything big like a play kitchen ect.

Please help what are you getting ur 12-18 month old boys??

I like the idea of joint pressies. There's 21 months between my two and everything they have they will play with together, as they do now :)

As for specific suggestions , no idea. I have two girls haha!

My girls are 2.5yrs apart, and will be getting a trainset or garage & cars as a joint present. I feel like dd1 is a bit old and dd2 is a bit young to get it by themselves so im liking the idea of them sharing!

Bought dd1 a digibird today and decided I had to get one for dd2 as well, so I have a feeling that I will have to buy two of alot of stuff from now on... and then next year I may even need to buy 3 of things! Argh!

My boys are now 6 and 4 but at age 18m and 2 1/2 they got bikes with stabilizers, duplo and wooden train set. My younger one was a lot more grown up at that age than my older one had been!

My boys are 4 and 2, they are so totally different I couldn't really do
joint presents. I know what you mean about having everything already though.

we have bought my youngest stickle bricks and a scooter for his birthday.

xx

My 2 are only 15 months apart and we now have to buy two of everything, feels like we have twins really for toys :)

There is 11 months between my 2 girls so i just buy 2 of everything and them some games they want i buy between them so we have 3 piles of presents in our our house, their own piles and then a joint pile

25 months between mine(almost 4 and 2) and I mainly have joint pressies, then some things that they will be able to play with together.
I find the younger one went off the babyish toys quickly and prefers his brothers stuff anyway.

3 boys less than 4 years apart. Last year they got a garage,this year its a train set. They're all getting new scooters (ds3 will be 16m so will get a scuttlebug) this year and a few toys like toy vehicles,TV or film toys,that u know they will individually like. Ds1 is planes mad, ds2 loves all things in the night garden and ds3 loves chuggington. I try not to overload but i confess i start my lists in august and normally include quite generic things like puzzles and DVDs lol as i know everyone will make use if them.

4 boys here, the older ones all just under and over 2 years between them. They are not 8, 7 tomorrow, and 4, then also have one who will be 1 next week.
We have kept pretty much everything from the older ones making buying for the youngest so hard.
With the older ones, especially when younger, we did joint presents or parts of sets that could be used together. Like one year they all had a set of playmobil pirates so they could play with them together. And another year all had marvel lego sets.
Something similar may be an idea for your boys.

Thanks guys. Dont feel so bad getting joint presents now. Just would rather not waste money on some thing Doug wont use much as like PP said he only wants his brothers stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"