Santa Clause

I hate Christmas without Santa, it just sucks. There's nothing special about it anymore, so my little one will definitely be brought up to believe in Santa!!!

Omg I can't wait for my LO to be here and understand Christmas. I think I believed until I was 10. My cousin is 6 and is already starting to have doubts. It's so sad :( When I was kid I used to leave a mince pie (which my mum had) and a beer (which my stepdad had) and then a carrot for Rudolph. haha. Then I'd be in a rush to get to bed incase he didn't come because I was awake!

i think the whole santa thing makes christmas so much more exciting for LO's! i cant wait to tell my little girl about santa, its so cute how excited they get :):flow:

Aww I can't imagine not telling my little boy about Santa.. I don't see why you wouldn't it's just all part of the magic and excitement of being little! xx

When we were younger, we would get 1/2 presents from 'mum and dad' and the rest would be from 'santa'. I'm definitely doing that with my LO. We didnt believe in santa for that long.. When my sister was 4, my mum didnt know how old kids were supposed to be when they stopped believing, so one day she was just coming down the stairs and my mum just went, "Jen, santas not real." and she burst out crying :haha:

But my cousins stayed over last christmas (7 & 2) and Santan wasnt bigged up at all! I was horrified. I was working at a nursery and had just been doing all this christmassy stuff, talking about santa. And my cousins didnt really bat an eyelid..

My girly will know all about santa and his reindeers :thumbup:

I completely agree that parents should raise their children how they want to, but what happens when they get to school and the teachers and other kids are talking about Santa. And all the shopping centers that do Santa's Grotto and all the children's films about Santa. There is no way to avoid him nowadays!
All kids have an imagination and believe in things that aren't real, finding out they're not is just part of growing up.
That's just how i feel anyway. :)

I didnt know sant wasn't real till I read this thread.
Jokes but Hollie will know about santa just for my entertainment and I get so excited at Christmas I love it I want Hollie to have a magical time at Christmas too!

I'm telling LO about santa at OH and his familys request :haha:

I don't mind either way but I think it's nice for kids to just be kids and have fun with their imagination :flow:

I've decided I'll read my kids "the night before xmas" and that sort of thing, and I will play the santa game.. I can't remember believing ever but I've seen how magical it is for kids.. my older brother ruined it for me! :haha: BUT if they ask me directly about it I'll explain that it is just a story/fun christmas tradition because I have had friends who still believed at 14 years old because their parents went all out, hoof prints and chewed up carrots on the lawn, parents dressing up as santa and being "spotted" putting the presents out. Too far IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->