Santa/Father Christmas visits

pa2k84

Mummy to Lucas Richard
Reaction score
Has anyone decided what they are doing this year? We usually go to a local garden centre, they have the best Christmas displays and a lovely walk to see Santa in his 'living room' who reads them a story and sends them through to his 'workshop' to choose a gift. Last couple of years we have been lumbered with a miserable santa who actually pushed a little boy away last year and refuses to do any pictures :cry: All turned a bit money making trying to cram as many visits in so no time for photos or to chat so giving it a miss this year.

This year i have already booked the Santa train at Longleat. Going Christmas eve afternoon :happydance:

We're doing a Santa train type thing with lunch as a group trip through my husband's work, then I think we will go to a garden centre one about 25 miles away that is apparently really good with real reindeer, although worried about queues as you can't pre book!

Think we are just keeping it simple this year as we will have a 16 month old and a 2 month old so will probably go to see santa at the 'little railway' as my DS1 calls it!

We're going to a local national trust place this year for the grotto :flower:

We usually do our Santa visit with my sister, her DD (same age as DS2) and my mum. Last year, we took the youngest 2 to Piglets Adventure Farm in York. It was really good - sleigh ride pulled by a tractor, walk through a village, long visit with Santa, picking a toy from the workshop then a walk round a Christmas 'village' with a fire & hot choc. DS1 went on a steam train with my dad to see Santa but that was extortionate & he wasn't as into it as my dad hoped! Think we might all go to Piglets this year.

We've also done the one at the National Railway Museum before and that was really good too. A story with a treasure hunt, mini train ride & an authentic Santa visiting on the train.

Last year we saw Father Christmas twice, we went to Legoland and also our local Fire Station had Breakfast with Father Christmas. They were both fab. This year we are going to Lapland a week before Christmas, I am so excited, the children don't know yet, plan to suprise them at the airport.

We love Longleat too, we plan to visit again this year for the Festival of Light but will give the Santa train a miss.

Planning to go to Leeds castle (Kent).
Last year both girls got poorly when we was supposed to do the train visit :-(

We dont really have a set place. Last year we did the polar express and then morgan went to see santa with his school at alnwick gardens.
I think this year we may do breakfast with santa at dobbies again if we can as we enjoyed that a couple years ago.

I was hoping to do Leeds Castle but don't have an annual pass :( Probably keeping it local and going to Whitstable Castle instead. It'll be the first year not going to Ruxley so I'm a bit nervous!

Breakfast with Santa sounds fun, might see if something like that close to me

Hubby and his family have been going to the same shopping centre grotto since they were kids so we carry that tradition on with our wee ones :)

We used to go to a local garden centre but we got a deal on somewhere new last year and thought we would give it a try and it was absolutely fantastic! A whole day kind of thing. Will definitely be doing that again this year.

They went on a quest with Santa's elves, met real reindeer, went on a real steam train. There were play areas - Indoor soft play and outdoor. Balloon artists, magicians and all sorts. They got to see Santa have their photo taken and got lovely presents too. The grown ups get mulled wine and mince pies too which obviously does not sway me further :rofl: It was alot more expensive than we used to pay, as you have to pay for adults too, but in my opinion it was more than worth it.

We will go to a local grotto if Holly wants to. She has been scared of Santa in pervious years so we will just see how she feels at the time :xmas9:

Last year we went to a garden centre, the Santa was good but the place wasnt very Christmassy so was a bit disappointed.

We're hoping to go to Cheshire Reindeer Lodge this year. Have asked OH's family but they havent got back to is yet so im just going to book it soon. Alex will love it, not sure about Scarlett (peppa pig and george were at a recent birthday party we went to and she didnt like them, even though she loves peppa)

We'll go to our local shopping centre's Santa. He was really good last year, he was definitely the real Santa, beard and all! :haha:
The kids get to do activities with the elves whilst they wait to go and see him so it was really good value for money. I think £6 and the gift was worth that amount or more.

I also wanted to do a breakfast with Santa at Severn valley railway but really don't think Rio will sit nicely this year so maybe next year we'll do something like that.

Breakfast with Santa sounds fun, might see if something like that close to me

If you have a dobbies garden centre near they do it there. The kids get a bacon or sausage sandwich, drink and biscuit in the cafe then you go through to another area where they have a party with music and games and at some point santa comes and they get a present. I think it was £9 each, adults were free which is always a plus haha!

I was hoping to do Leeds Castle but don't have an annual pass :( Probably keeping it local and going to Whitstable Castle instead. It'll be the first year not going to Ruxley so I'm a bit nervous!

Leeds castle is sold out already! Gutted.
Does whitstable do Santa visits, we're in Rochester so not too far

Hopefully going to Dobbies this year

PHP:
Hopefully going to Dobbies this year

I jaut checked our local Dobbies and the breakfast with Santa is already selling out!

I've booked for us all to go to a local farm to meet Father Christmas so will be a whole day out with me,OH, DDs, My parents and sister. :)

Thank you for the Dobbies heads up, just booked to take the boys for breakfast with Santa :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->