Santa/Father Christmas visits

We usually go to Willows farm in St Albans which is wonderful. This year we are doing a Christmas train with a friend but I have also booked Lapland in Ascot which I'm really excited about.

Before we had even had Christmas last year I booked the polar express for this Christmas. All the best seats & times get booked so quick & in advance so I decided to do it as soon as tickets became available. We are only planning on doing it this once (maybe again once in 4 or 5 years once this baby is older) so I booked the full package, premium seats & wrapped books for both kids.

For the past couple of years we have seen Father Christmas at sundown adventureland which has been fab. A full day of play & then the santa experience. The park stays open late too & looks magical all lit up in the dark.

We've had an annual pass for a year now though & I think they have got a bit tired of the place so we are giving it a miss this year.

I'm going to have a look at some other local places like the Yorkshire wild life park or cannon hall farm. They both have some fab seasonal events on.

We will go to a local grotto if Holly wants to. She has been scared of Santa in pervious years so we will just see how she feels at the time :xmas9:

My daughter is the same. At the moment she's saying she's not bothered about going to visit him and would prefer to just write him a letter.

We've booked to do Santa's Grotto in Cardiff Castle. Have been the last three years and inludes craft activities and a Christmas trail for the kids plus access to most areas of the Castle, so more of a day out than in previous years.

we have booked a grotto at the local garden centre where my parents live (and where we used to live). It is a really lovely experience they create a magical woodland all lit up with elf houses, water falls and moving animals than at the end you come to a log cabin and inside is father christmas. The present they get is good too. It is extremely popular and we had to book in august when their bookings opened and they all went in 24 hours. we go every year but as we have now moved maybe this will be our last visit there.

Attachments

• IMG_7890_1024.jpg
    IMG_7890_1024.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 3
I don't know yet, we did a train ride last year which was ok I guess but not very scenic! A nice hotel near us is doing a Christmas carvery with Santa so may do that, or a different train but the cost is around £80 for us all so not cheap

We are going to a Christmas evening event at Beamish Museum in Durham. We went last year and loved it. It's an open air museum with a Victorian town etc and they set up a lovely Christmas village with all sorts of things. You meet Santa, feed his reindeer and they have craft tents, carol singers, mulled wine etc.

We are going to a Christmas evening event at Beamish Museum in Durham. We went last year and loved it. It's an open air museum with a Victorian town etc and they set up a lovely Christmas village with all sorts of things. You meet Santa, feed his reindeer and they have craft tents, carol singers, mulled wine etc.

This sounds AMAZING!

We go to local garden centre every year who have real reindeer you can feed and usually have frozen theme then meet father christmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->