Sara Cade for a girl?

Gradgirl

Reaction score
My husband and I keep butting heads on girl names. Sara is my grandmothers name. A few years ago I visited Cade's Cove in TN and it was breath taking and ever since then I have always said I want to name a child of mine Cade after such a beautiful place. If our baby would have been a boy it would have been Issac Cade hands down, but my husband can't see Cade as a girls name. He said he wants to wait and see if we ever have a boy, but I believe it is beautiful as a girls name also. A neat little fact: Sara means princess while Cade means little battle :haha: I love it!

Give me your opinions on Cade as a girls name please!

I've got to say (for once in my life!) I agree with OH. Sorry :shrug:

Cade is a great name but very 'boyish' to me. Sara is beautiful though :thumbup:

Cadence or Cady/Cadie could be a compromise?

I actually really like this name :) I think Cade can be gender neutral especially when paired with such a feminine name as Sara. I hope you get to go with it!

I've never heard the name Cade before so to me it sounds gender neutral. With the first name sara no one will mistake her for a boy. I like it!

I would think Cade as unisex especially when paired with a feminine name

I have a beautiful niece called Sara. It's a beautiful name and not too common x

I think it's lovely, go for it! My sister is a Sara. Do be warned though, it's incredibly annoying to be called Sara, at least it is here in the UK. People will always mispronounce it Sarah, or add on the H if they write it down, even if she's introduced as Sara. It's also extremely common for people to pronounce it Zara! I just don't get it, Sarah is a different name, Se-ra not Sa-ra!

I think it's lovely, go for it! My sister is a Sara. Do be warned though, it's incredibly annoying to be called Sara, at least it is here in the UK. People will always mispronounce it Sarah, or add on the H if they write it down, even if she's introduced as Sara. It's also extremely common for people to pronounce it Zara! I just don't get it, Sarah is a different name, Se-ra not Sa-ra!

but Sara and Sarah are pronounced the same there is no 'e' sound in either of them :wacko:

I have 2 friends called Sara and 3 called Sarah all pronounced the same and no one has ever mixed it up for Zara (my middle name and our other friends name)

the spelling issue is common though, everyone always assumes it has a 'h' on the end

the pronunciation of a name is going to vary. We are from different areas.

Back to the op question. I really like how Sara Cade flows and I like the name Cade. However, I recognize Cade as masculine.

I assure you, they're not! Perhaps that's why there's so much issue with Sara. Still my sister has heard Zara on loads of occasions, and that just doesn't make sense IMO!

I've known 2 Sara's (both supposed to be SA-ra) who have both been constantly mispronounced SE-rah.

I've known loads of Sarahs and not one of them is a SA-ra, always SE-rah.

I assure you, they're not! Perhaps that's why there's so much issue with Sara. Still my sister has heard Zara on loads of occasions, and that just doesn't make sense IMO!

I've known 2 Sara's (both supposed to be SA-ra) who have both been constantly mispronounced SE-rah.

maybe its the welsh accent but they are the exact same name lol the h is just silent

maybe its the welsh accent but they are the exact same name lol the h is just silent

No...really, it's not just me (or Wales, lol!). It's the same for TV and celebrities and stuff? The only famous Sarah I can think of right now is Sarah Palin (lol) and she's definitely a SE-rah. It was also the same when I lived in England, I have never heard a Sarah pronounced SA-ra, but always Sara mispronounced SE-rah.

Example of what I mean:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6i81b0az_U SE-rah Palin, see? Whereas Sara is absolutely SA-ra.

This is Sara:
https://www.pronouncenames.com/search?name=Sara

Thanks Ladies! I think my husband is starting to get used to the name Cade. I just love uncommon names :happydance: My husband and I also like the name Robyn which is rarely used anymore in the U.S., but everyone I talk to likes the name Cade over Robyn.

I like both! I had a friend in school named Robyn, I always loved it!

And off the main subject, I have never, ever heard a Sarah pronounced as Sa-ra either. And it's def not a Welsh thing as OHs family have two Sarahs (1 in Wolverhampton, 1 in Newcastle) and they are both Se-ra. Sarah and Sara are two completely different names! (in my experience)

https://www.babynames.co.uk/letter-S_5.htm

If you click on 'more info' look under pronunciation

Sara - Sah-ruh
Sarah - Sair-uh

ok I guess my friends just dont know how to pronounce their own names then :rolleyes:

you can write it in a million different phonic ways its still said the same and their is no 'e' ever in sara(h)... it will never be se-ra (is that meant to be like kiera with an s or sierra without the i lol because the phonic makes no sense) if it was to be pronounced like that it would be spelled serah

I like it. Similar to my name Sarah Kate so maybe that's why. How are you pronouncing Sara? The people I know called Sara pronounce it Serah not Sa-ra

I've known both Saras and Sarahs... at least on the east coast of the US, both are pronounced like Ser-ah. :shrug: I'm naming my daughter Calliope and there are two pronunciations for it Cal-eye-oh-pee and Call-ee-ope. I'm going with the former. I don't think it's really worth arguing about and might vary depending on where you are in the word and who influenced the name. It's just different points of view and I don't think either one is wrong.

I like Cade for a girl. I think the C makes it more feminine where as Kade seems more masculine to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->