Saw a young girl stealing..

I would have let the store staff know. I'm sorry, but the desperate have resources. There are government programs, charities, churches, friends, relatives, etc where you can get help. Thieves are just common criminals, and teaching children that stealing is acceptable makes it even worse. Those children deserve better.

I would have told the staff. Doesn't matter if you're young, old, rich or poor, stealing is wrong!

XxX

I probably would have told staff. Its up to them if they want to chase her etc. Thing is she is smiling at you possibly on cctv they might think you know her. Thieves put prices up for decent people.

Don't worry, the karma bus won't miss her :)

I probably would have told the staff. But also would have waited until she left the shop, I saw something on channel 4 about shop lifting maybe a month back, and you can put stuff in your bag, up your top etc whilst in the store and that isn't classed as shoplifting, you have to wait for them to leave. So I would have probably made sure she left and then mentioned it.

Didn't they have a security tag on?
I would of told staff member when she left :flower:

She must be totally desperate! I still would have mentioned it though! I used to work in a chemist and the boxes of infacol had tags on them...one day date checking i noticed ALL the boxes were empty! Someone had opened them all up and swiped them! I was annoyed, but then felt so sorry for that little baby growing up whos mum is so desperate that she had to steal colic medicine! Its a crazy world, but there are always other options to theft!

Not necessarily.
I know someone who holds parties with all the swag they've stolen form next. shes far from skint becuase of these parties too.I get invited all the time, politely decline. I'm not sure i could look at my child wearing stolen goods!

I probably would have told the staff. But also would have waited until she left the shop, I saw something on channel 4 about shop lifting maybe a month back, and you can put stuff in your bag, up your top etc whilst in the store and that isn't classed as shoplifting, you have to wait for them to leave. So I would have probably made sure she left and then mentioned it.

Yeah she walked straight out as soon as she stole it, I saw her walking around the store for a good ten minutes before stealing x

Didn't they have a security tag on?
I would of told staff member when she left :flower:

I was actually quite surprised to find that it didn't have a security tag on it, it only had the price tag that she ripped off x

She must be totally desperate! I still would have mentioned it though! I used to work in a chemist and the boxes of infacol had tags on them...one day date checking i noticed ALL the boxes were empty! Someone had opened them all up and swiped them! I was annoyed, but then felt so sorry for that little baby growing up whos mum is so desperate that she had to steal colic medicine! Its a crazy world, but there are always other options to theft!

Not necessarily.
I know someone who holds parties with all the swag they've stolen form next. shes far from skint becuase of these parties too.I get invited all the time, politely decline. I'm not sure i could look at my child wearing stolen goods!

OMG that is shocking! :shock:

Not necessarily.

Someone should report her, she can't be getting away with that x

Not necessarily.

Someone should report her, she can't be getting away with that x

You know It may even be the same person in this thread, I've heard she goes to all different stores all over the country to not arouse suspicion. I'm sure she takes her kids with her too.
It's not up to me to report her, I only know of her and I'm surprised the stores can't see these people actively stealing. There's loads of shops that I see alarms going off as they leave the store and no one follows them out.
I'm suprised at the girls who go to these 'clothes parties' she gets orders for things ect like a business. Can't believe they have the nerve.
I stole a bouncy ball as a dare from a big department store once .. ( not last week , when i was 10 lol!!)I got caught and took to the police station, in a cell for hours till my mum got me!! A frickin 50p bouncy ball and these people are nicking thousand of pounds worth and getting away with it!

I remember stealing a LEGO figurine from a model at LEGOland when I was about 11- its very blured but I remember there being a bit of a commotion and my mum taking it out of my hand, throwing it on the floor and dragging me out of the store before anyone caught up with us!

I saw this too! I was quite shocked at what is stolen to order, hence the reason why certain stuff is tagged (well where I live) like meat, cheese, baby milk, Infacol and loads more that I can't think of lol all of it is stolen and sold on much cheaper than what it sells for in the shops hence the reason they target it. I personally would have said to the staff but then I am a bit of a grass :haha:

Sometimes alarms go off without someone actually stealing, like a security tag being left on by accident or the alarm just sounding for no reason so I think they just ignore it at times

Tina, they put you in a prison cell at 10 for just a bouncy ball?!!
That's crazy, they could of just let you off.
Usually people get caught in the store and are taken upstairs to the staff room and if there younger than 16 their parents are called x

I cant believe people can be so blatant as to do it right in front of your eyes :wacko:

I would have definitely said something though as I bet it isnt the first time she has done it so they can look out for her in future. It'll all be on cctv anyways.

We were leaving Asda the other week and the security thing beeped at us. The security guard just looked at us and did nothing! I went and showed my receipt as I felt guilty because I'd been beeped at! :lol:

I haven't seen anyone steal something, but my mum mentioned a few months ago that a woman who she works with, her daughter steals out of next and then sells the clothes half price! x

Hmmm, remind me never to buy "new" Next clothing off Ebay :nope:

I would have told staff only because in the shop i work in if we have a theft we radio the next store along to watch out for them as if they are doing it in our shop they'll probably move along to the next one x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->