• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Saw a young girl stealing..

How disgusting. Don't care what her cicumstances are, there's no excuse. And to be so blatant about it?! It's her children I feel sorry for.

I would have said something to her.

I have stopped loads of theives before, and I've had someone hit me over it before as well. I wouldn't have personally stopped her, cos if she lacks the morals enough to steal in front if her kids she would face had no qualms about giving you a slap as well.

Id also think twice about buying knocked off meat and cheese because I know where they hide them...I've stopped quite a few dodgy characters with about ten blocks of cathedral city cheese tucked into their boxers *barf*

I've also stopped a heavily pregnant woman before. She seemed very nice til I told her to pay for what she had nicked and she screamed abuse at me. Its shocking when you discover that people from all walks of life do actually shoplift

I wouldn't of its none of my business i've learned that the hard way from a similar experience.

Sometimes alarms go off without someone actually stealing, like a security tag being left on by accident or the alarm just sounding for no reason so I think they just ignore it at times

Tina, they put you in a prison cell at 10 for just a bouncy ball?!!
That's crazy, they could of just let you off.
Usually people get caught in the store and are taken upstairs to the staff room and if there younger than 16 their parents are called x

I did go to the staff room first, I was shitting bricks when I thought they were going to ring my mum... I got the police and my mum!!
Maybe they wanted to make an example... And to be fair, if my eldest ever stole anything from a shop I'd want the police to put him in a cell too!! I didn't do it again!!

I wouldn't have said anything. I imagine shoplifting is the least of the poor kids' worries.

I'm actually really shocked you never told the store but say it shocked you! I wouldn't of just stood there and watch someone steal something im surprised anyone would.

Well if shop assistants paid equal attention to ALL customers instead of following the ethnic's around more people like this would have been caught.

I used to work in Next, the amount of people who steal things.
I would have mentioned it to the staff as a lot of the people who steal from there do it regularly, its not just a one off thing (not that that makes it different) but then it allows the staff and security guard (we had one in our store) to know them and be more aware.
Someone actually approached me when i worked there and asked me to help them steal for a share of the profits!!!! I told security straight away. Couldn't believe the cheek, maybe I have a dodgy looking face haha!

Wow... I've never stolen a thing in my life, so I don't understand people that do. But to steal in front of your own children?!!?

I wouldnt of said anything cus i wouldnt want to get involved.

I'm actually really shocked you never told the store but say it shocked you! I wouldn't of just stood there and watch someone steal something im surprised anyone would.

Well I really wanted to tell but I rang my sis and she said no point as she left the shop, what shocked me the most was how blatant she was about it and smiling at me just before she done it

I wouldnt of said anything cus i wouldnt want to get involved.

This is what I was thinking at the time too and I asked my family thats how confused I was on what to do lol
My mum once saw a man put so many cans of beers into a bag and only pay for one, she told the staff and there was nothing much they could do at that point x

Maybe she was desperate but as has been said there are charities for that or charity shops.
Its not less of a crime because shes a mother, its still wrong. The same rule applies for all and i would've told the staff.

I would have told store staff. I was in a supermarket once and this man was shoving bottles of wine down his trousers and i discretely told someone stacking shelves who went to tell security. They never knew it was me but they were caught.

When i worked in a clothes shop myself, we didnt have security so if you caught a shoplifter, you dealt with them yourself. I often saw people steal but there was no way i was going up to a group of men by myself to confront them over a £10 pair of jeans. My safety had to come before the stores losses.

I was accused of stealing a drink from Morrisons not too long ago. I bought it from the corner shop before i went in because it was cheaper in there and security decided to question me over one 50p drink when i had spent £30 in store and bought a new kettle! I was seriously offended and i still am because i feel like he is following me in that store now. Every time i turn around he is there and i think twice before buying things from different stores before going in there now. He was only doing his job but it was embarrassing for me plus i had my daughter with me and i did nothing wrong.

So three personal experiences and in each one i feel differently! So i completely see why you didnt report it.

People are right, charities are there for a reason.

When Daniel (my oldest) was born- me and my OH didn't have two pennies to rub together. I remember one night in particular when Daniel was about 9 months old- he had ran out of nappies and we literally had about £2 to our name until a couple of days later

I had to go and ask a neighbour who we didn't get on with that well if I could possibly have a few nappies and that I would give her the money when we had it. From that day- we have been strong friends. She came round and not only did she give us some of her sons nappies- she also gave me and my OH some food as we hadn't been eating properly.

I guess what I am trying to say....people will help if you ask for it. They aren't mind readers. People can't and won't know your struggling unless you say- and no matter how bad things are, stealing isn't justified.

I would have told the staff. This is why prices are sky rocketing for everyone else! Even if she was 'desperate' that doesn't mean she has to steal Next stuff, she would be stealing anything she could and places like primark and supermarkets don't tag their clothes. She wanted to steal clothes from Next, she didn't need to, big difference. I'm so shocked at some of these stories, people can be so horrible :-(

I used to work in Next, the amount of people who steal things.
I would have mentioned it to the staff as a lot of the people who steal from there do it regularly, its not just a one off thing (not that that makes it different) but then it allows the staff and security guard (we had one in our store) to know them and be more aware.
Someone actually approached me when i worked there and asked me to help them steal for a share of the profits!!!! I told security straight away. Couldn't believe the cheek, maybe I have a dodgy looking face haha!

My mum used to work in Next and she said people used to come in with empty suitcases and fill them with clothes regularly! Now im questioning the BNWT Next clothes on Ebay!

When Daniel (my oldest) was born- me and my OH didn't have two pennies to rub together. I remember one night in particular when Daniel was about 9 months old- he had ran out of nappies and we literally had about £2 to our name until a couple of days later

I had to go and ask a neighbour who we didn't get on with that well if I could possibly have a few nappies and that I would give her the money when we had it. From that day- we have been strong friends. She came round and not only did she give us some of her sons nappies- she also gave me and my OH some food as we hadn't been eating properly.

I guess what I am trying to say....people will help if you ask for it. They aren't mind readers. People can't and won't know your struggling unless you say- and no matter how bad things are, stealing isn't justified.

Sorry this is off topic but I'm a nosey so-and-so lol and in your tickers it says Daniel is 1 and your son Benjamin is the eldest at age 6.

I can't believe she was so brazen about stealing but I agee with those who say she was pobably stealing to sell on/had been asked to steal something specific. She must have had he kids young though if they were 6/8 and she was only 20 ish - maybe she was stealing them for he own children as money is tight? Still no excuse though. I hate thieves. I probably wouldn't have said anything out of fear.
xx
xx

My mum used to work in Next and she said people used to come in with empty suitcases and fill them with clothes regularly! Now im questioning the BNWT Next clothes on Ebay!

They have a system now where if you take something back it shows on the till whether that particular item was paid for so they know if something has been stolen. That makes me think even more about the ebay things as a lot of people would steal anything easy/out of sight/untagged, then bring it back for an exchange or refund card but now they cant do that so have to make their money somewhere!

I would have told the staff. This is why prices are sky rocketing for everyone else! Even if she was 'desperate' that doesn't mean she has to steal Next stuff, she would be stealing anything she could and places like primark and supermarkets don't tag their clothes. She wanted to steal clothes from Next, she didn't need to, big difference. I'm so shocked at some of these stories, people can be so horrible :-(

I was gonna say this but didn't know how to word it.
If you're desperate you don't steal from Next (not saying you should steal from anywhere). Next is very popular for baby clothes, they've either done it for a profit or for their selfish reasons.

Sorry this is off topic but I'm a nosey so-and-so lol and in your tickers it says Daniel is 1 and your son Benjamin is the eldest at age 6.

I can't believe she was so brazen about stealing but I agee with those who say she was pobably stealing to sell on/had been asked to steal something specific. She must have had he kids young though if they were 6/8 and she was only 20 ish - maybe she was stealing them for he own children as money is tight? Still no excuse though. I hate thieves. I probably wouldn't have said anything out of fear.
xx
xx

She could of been older than 20 and the kids may have been her brother and sister or nephew and niece, I don't know and I'm not entirely sure if they knew she was stealing she walked away from them and they were looking at something else when she put it up her coat x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->