Scan question

I had to wait 13 days for my second scan to check viability. It was the hardest 13 days! But once they found those heartbeats, it was totally worth the wait. You don't want to go in too early & worry yourself more if they don't see what you hope :) FX everything is ok at your next scan! xx

Thanks Charmed. I survived yesterday, only 10 more days to go! No bleeding or cramping yet which is giving me hope.x

Tomorrow you will be in single figure countdown! The waiting and willing the days away is agonising isn't it. I have a few things going on this week and weekend so hopefully that will pass the time quicker.
I keep thinking to myself... It's been 9 days since I went to A&E which seems to have passed quite quickly, so only another 9 to go. Xx

Yep! I have the most quiet week and weekend ever! Will have to get Dh to wine (soft drinks) and dine me to take my mind off it! We've decided my mum is going to come to the next scan, DH get queasy to say the least when he goes near hospitals and has a tendency to pass out so we thought it best all round if he just say this one out. Bless him.x

Another question, how come she said no yolk sac but thought she might have seen a fetal pole? Surely if there is a fetal pole there should be a yolk sac too? I wish I'd asked for a scan pic anyway! Didn't even think too ask at the time!

If they saw a fetal pole they should have seen the yolk sac too I'm sure. It's great they saw the fetal pole.
With mine they only saw a gestational sac and yolk sac no fetal pole. I too wish I had asked for a picture but my head was all over the place. :-( xx

Pah so many unanswered question. Must try and keep myself sane!! Xx

I have thought of loads of things I should have asked since the scan. No doubt when I go back I will have forgotten again.
Try and stay positive honey. A fetal pole is a great sign that baby is growing in there. Xx

She didn't measure it or anything, I just saw a white blurry thing to one side of the gs. I wish she'd been more informative about what she was doing and looked a bit harder! I've decided if all is not well at the next scan I'll def have a d&c, I know by then I'll just want it all over with!!x

Have you thought about a private scan? The machines are far more high tech and the people are lovely and patient as you are paying them to be that way! I had an early scan with DS2 and the sonographer was lovely and the detail in the scan was far superior to the NHS. If I had the time with DH to go I definitely would. Xx

I read that the yolk sacs can disappear early on, but I'm not sure if I believe it or not! I wouldn't know how to distinguish between a foetal pole & a yolk sac :haha: Sometimes, the yolk sacs can be difficult to spot though, I have heard that a few times, so I think there is truth to it :) Especially if baby is in front of it. xx

Good idea about the private scan. From my experience (even though I'm on the other side of the world - in kangaroo-land), they're really thorough and are really patient and lovely about it all. Is a private scan a possibility? I understand if it isn't as I know they can be pricey.

The scan on 27th is with the NHS and the one I had on Saturday was a private one. They said I could go back for only £45 for a rescan instead of £70, but i may as well wait till 27th for the free one and save my money! £45 can by a lot of opks and hpts!!

Good point. Still, I think that 45 isn't too bad if you find you REALLY start tearing your hair out in the coming week. Good to know that option's there.

There's another place just by where I work but they are £99. So temping tho to just sneak out at lunch and have another one!

I hope this can provide you with some reassurance while you wait. I went in for a scan on 3/6 not knowing how far along I was after finding out I was pregnant at my annual the week before. All the saw was a gestational sac that measured ~6 weeks. I was booked a second ultrasound for viability which I had yesterday (10 days later) and they were able to see the yolk sac, fetal pole and heartbeat measuring at 6 weeks 5 days. Although now they are a little concerned that my FHR was low, I do have a repeat scan in a week- but its amazing how much difference time can make. I know its really easy to read things and think the worse, so try to keep positive thoughts.

Thank you susurrus. I'm praying that I was only 7w1or2d at the scan and am only measuring a few days behind and it's maybe a lazy bean or was hiding. 10days seems like a lifetime at the moment!!

I hope your next scan goes well!!

Sorry off topic but - hey Hit Girl *waves*. Not sure if you remember me but I remember you from last time. :)

Good luck with the scan. I agree with Hit Girl, £45 is really good value if you can't wait.

Man I'm so tempted!! I don't think dh would though. All he'd say is why spend £45 when I can find out for free in an extra week. And to be honest as the experience at the first one wasn't all that I don't think I want to go back there....

Ah I love seeing people remembering each other from previous births!

Oh we had a 4D scan last pregnancy and we had a terrible time. The staff were so rude, it took them ages to get the pictures in focus (20 mins before she went to get help). Then rushed through because they'd "wasted" so much time on us already. £100 down the drain, so much for a bonding experience. Needless to say we won't be going again this time. It's annoying because so many seem to have a lovely time. I wonder if we just picked the wrong place? I wouldn't mind but when they sorted out the machine the pics were great, it really looked like her!

So we're sticking to FREE scans only this time around! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->