Scared about giving birth?

I keep having dreams that feel so real about child birth!

In my opinion, going to a hospital, having an epidural, c-sections, etc sounds terrifying!!!!!

The way I planned to do it (unmedicated home water birth) sounds actually pretty peaceful.. Maybe look into different options?

It wasn't an option for me; my mother almost died after she gave birth to me (massive hemorrhage with no warning), and the only reason she's still alive is because of the doctor that was attending her and the swift action he took. I know it's a rare complication, but giving birth in a hospital surrounded by trained medical professionals made me feel so much better in case something did happen.

I hope you get the birth experience you want! :hugs:

You still have a trained medical professional at a home birth :shrug: your not left to it on your own. You have two highly trained midwifes attending who have everything they should need should something happen. The only thing they cannot do at home is an epidural and a section.

In my opinion, going to a hospital, having an epidural, c-sections, etc sounds terrifying!!!!!

The way I planned to do it (unmedicated home water birth) sounds actually pretty peaceful.. Maybe look into different options?

It wasn't an option for me; my mother almost died after she gave birth to me (massive hemorrhage with no warning), and the only reason she's still alive is because of the doctor that was attending her and the swift action he took. I know it's a rare complication, but giving birth in a hospital surrounded by trained medical professionals made me feel so much better in case something did happen.

I hope you get the birth experience you want! :hugs:

You still have a trained medical professional at a home birth :shrug: your not left to it on your own. You have two highly trained midwifes attending who have everything they should need should something happen. The only thing they cannot do at home is an epidural and a section.

Agree!

(Not that I am bias or anything :blush: )

But the care you get at a home birth is going to be so much better - in hospital, the midwife may have more than one labouring woman to look after. At home, there are two midwives (and maybe a student, too) just for you, and baby once it is born. There is no shift change, no alarms going off that the midwives are going to have to run to, no having to hunt for keys to the drugs cupboard, no one popping in to ask the midwife if she has the keys to the drugs cupboard, the midwife not having to go out to look after another woman.

Natural complications are pretty rare.. It's mainly the doctors medicines & interventions that cause the issues. So, we're planning on just skipping that whole step :winkwink:

For what it's worth, Id say the whole experience was more tiring than painful.
I was incredibly freaked out/scared about giving birth.

Long story short, I went into labour at 2 am one morning, didnt deliver until almost midnight.

While at the hospital, one of the nurse's was putting in my IV while the other was distracting me with chit chat. I of course had my head turned, then hear 'Uh oh, I've never seen it do that before' followed by a warm sensation rolling down my arm. I was spurting blood.
The labour experience was so intense, I was grateful to be surrounded by professionals because I was in my own world with it. I wasn't capable of doing anything but being in the moment.

My bp went so high I ended up having to get an epidural but it was only a light dose I could still feel my legs, my water had to be manually broken ( so wasted time worrying about that happening in public :))In the delivery room above me I could see my sprawled out nakedness in the reflective light cover above me. Boy that was sobering.

The actual delivery burned but hearing my son cry for the first time really did make it all the worth it.

Hey I just found this thread and while I'm not so scared about giving birth because I've been through it I just wanted to tell you all the story of when I had my DD.
From about 32-34 weeks my blood pressure was kinda starting to get high so my ob suspected that I was developing pre-eclampsia. So after testing for it TWICE(ugh) he said that I was ok, just to watch what I ate. So I went in for my 37 week appointment and my blood pressure was HIGH. I even skipped breakfast and lunch because I thought that the reason it was high when they checked it at the dr. was because I ate right before every appointment. Obviously that was not the case. So after they checked my cervix and all my ob told me that he was sending me over to labor and delivery to be induced. I was in shock!! But once DH and I got over there and settled in we were super excited(still in shock, but super excited!!). So anyway after getting my epidural<3(I swore I wouldn't get it..lol) and being in labor for 23hrs I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Sophia. So what I'm trying to say is don't be scared(easier said then done I know!!), it'll be over before you know it and you'll have what you worked so hard to grow for 9 months..lol.
**Oh and my fear before I had my DD was that I would rip my ta**t and the ob ended up snipping me down there and I didn't even know that it happened until DH told me later..lol.
But anyway that was the most amazing experience of my life. I can't wait to do it again!! I'm sure I'll be scared again, but I know I'll make it through and so will all of you. So GL and don't worry so much about things. Everything works out in the end and it's all worth it.
Arika<3

I am worried about the birth, but I no it sounds ridiculas but the main thing that worries me is my bf seeing me poo! ! Makes me want to be on my own through the labour lol. I no it sounds ridiculous but that's how I feel.

I am worried about the birth, but I no it sounds ridiculas but the main thing that worries me is my bf seeing me poo! ! Makes me want to be on my own through the labour lol. I no it sounds ridiculous but that's how I feel.

Thank God I didn't have to deal with that. Since I was induced I hadn't eaten for like 36 hours before I had DD. To be honest I would rather be induced next time because of that and because I didn't have to deal with any labor pains(except for an hour when my epidural wore off on my right side) and I also didn't have to deal with my water breaking in public or anything..lol.
But honestly when it comes time to push..pooing on yourself will be the least of your worries. And if your bf sees you poo it will quickly be forgotten when your little bundle of joy pokes his/her head out. =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->