Scary 3 days in hospital

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
On saturday I was taking the train from Oxford down to my parents in Somerset when I had (now this is gross) really thick green stringy discharge with blood :cry: Tried not to panic and was on the train with my little sister, when we got in we went straight to the local hospital. As my Mum and another sister had picked us up from the station we managed to intimidate the hospital into taking me seriously.
They took blood and urine samples and did an internal (cervix closed), but I was upset to find out that in the UK they don't do scans on weekends, and anyhow even if they did they wouldn't give you any treatment on the weekend. I was sooo relieved when they found an infection in my urine and just hung onto the hope that that what was making me ill. I was admitted and put on antibiotics and Monday lunchtime they finally did a scan that showed baby's heartbeat, and we saw him wriggle :cloud9: They put me at 9+1 which would make me 9+4 today, I have a scan with my obstetrician in Oxford tomorrow so we'll see if he agrees with that.
I'd been feeling ill for 2 weeks with flu like symptoms, headache, backache, needing the loo... but those are all pregnancy symptoms too so was just ignoring them, plus I guess from having endometriosis I'm used to feeling ill all the time!
So glad my little bean is ok and seems to have made a warm home for himself.

Oh wow, I hope you are feeling better...and if not yet, then soon!
Happy to hear bubs is okay!! :hugs:

awww glad all ok babe. how worrying

Thanks ladies, just feeling even more knackered than usual due to antibiotics, but tonight's the last dose so hopefully will be better soon xxx

Oh crikey! Sounds like you had a rough few days hun!
How are you feeling now? Hope your better
And thank godness for seeing bubbas heartbeat/moving! Makes them few days stay worth it, Just to know your LO is alrite :)
Take it easy for the next few days
X

get well soon & take care xxxxxxx

What a horrible scare!!.... glad all seems to be good hun. :hugs:

Glad all turned out ok in the end, must have been scary!:hug:

Great that you got to see bubbs though!:happydance:

Wow - what a roller coaster. Glad all is OK.

J

Glad alls well hun, you must have been so worried......it must have been nice to see the little bean tho xxxxx

Glad ur starting to feel better. I have uti too and am on 2nd course antibiotics. Lets hope we both get rid of it soon. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->