scary moments, light headedness, near fainting eeek!

lilwelsh1

3 happy kids+2 angels
Reaction score
hi ladies, hope u r all well.

Lately i've been having pretty scary near fainting episodes, the almost fainting isnt the frightening part its where they r happening that frightens me. Yesterday i nearly went down whilst showering a few days befor that i was at the counter in mcdonalds surrounded by strangers, i've become light headed on driving lessons and embarressingly i nearly went when i answered the door to a contractor.

There seems to be no obvious triggers such as hunger, being too hot or out of breath. Suddenly for no reason at all i'll start to feel a bit weak then sicky, my ears n face start to burn n go red, i feel like im in a dream and cant hear properly then i start to c sparks in front of my eyes and it takes all my strength to get to the floor n put my head between my knees. Then i start to feel fine once im seated with my head down.

Has anyone experienced this either during pregnancy or even when not pregnant? Do u know what is likely to be causing it? My husband thinks my blood pressure drops too low and my mum suggested im anaemic but my blood work came back fine. I'm terrified of being alone in case it happens again and if i know what could be triggering it i could hopefully avoid further episodes.

hmm ive not had that before. only time ive been like that was in 1st trimester and i hadnt ate due to have severe morning sickness, i suggest going to the docs or midwives about this. could be nothing or could be something better to be safe than sorry x

Ive had this the last 2wks although I have had fainting episodes before pregnancy due to not eating, standing in queues etc, being hot. These are the only things factors that cause me to faint so I assume thats why Ive been feeling it lately too as my office is hot & I need to eat more on a morning. If you havent got anemia I wouldnt worry, its just the baby zapping every ounce of energy you have!

I get it more when I've been resting, my blood pressure goes too low and when I sit from lying or stand from sitting I pretty much hit the floor. My ears buzz and everything goes blurry and my head goes funny and I literally have to throw myself at something to lean on or just give up and put myself on the floor to avoid losing consciousness. I find mine is caused by blood pressure or blood sugar but sometimes it seems to be random, I too get it when queueing in shops and things.

I have it alot too. It terrifies me espcially when I'm out on my own. I had mine investigated by my GP who said it's caused by my blood pressure dropping suddenly coupled with anaemia. Maybe you could have it checked out? Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

I've had this a couple of times over the last few weeks...I'm not sure if its a sudden thing for you, but I know when its coming on because I just don't feel right. And then the sooner I sit down after I get the initial feeling the quicker it goes away.

I feel myself becoming breathless and hot and then those black and white sparks come and I get VERY weak, but as soon as I've sat down and took a few deep breaths everything is ok again.

If you're like me and you feel funny before you start going faint then sit down as soon as that arrives so you don't ever get to the fainting stage. I've noticed that I feel this way when I've been somewhere warm then go outside where its cold or vice versa.

Speak to your midwife if you're really worried to be on the safe side x

I had this from about 14 weeks until 18 weeks.

I found sitting down for 10 minutes as soon as you feel a bit off helps. Plus drink plenty of fluids to make sure you're getting enough and eat healthy snacks throughout the day to keep your sugar etc up.

Mine was just my blood pressure dropping on the odd occasion and nothing to worry about. Thats probably what it is but mention it to your midwife when you next see her as she'll make sure it isn't low iron or really low blood pressure all the time.

I get this too, its really scary. My vision goes totally black which isnt ideal when your driving!
I was told its a drop in blood pressure as well as my anaemia, best to mention it to your gp/mw tho hun xx

I've been experiencing this for a while too now and it is horrible, feel like I can't go out! I have been told I have low blood pressure and the whole thing is not helped due too morning sickness. I'm hoping it gets better soon, just take the time you need whenever you need it to sit down and relax. It's scary and can be quite embarresing, so I just take myself away from any situation where I feel I am likely to feel faint and go and sit/lay down. If a cure is found, let me know! haha xx

i had that happen to me last week luckly it hasnt happened since, i had my blood pressure and bloods checked and everything was fine so i dont know what caused it, talk to your midwife if you are really concerned especially if it is effecting your everyday life such as not wanting to go out incase you hurt yourself hopefully you feel better soon its not a nice feeling xxx

This happens to me and I find it quite embarrassing having to coopey down every so often whilst out and about.

Here's the thread I put up about this. I hope the answers I got will help you.

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/498017-unable-shop.html

YUP! happenned to me for the first time the other day while driving! I almost completely blacked out and my ears were buzzing and was covered in a cold sweat....I was rushed to the ER and had a series of tests done that determined it was a sudden drop in blood sugar due to pregnancy itself. Nothing can be done except make sure you have something sweet to put in your mouth right away and lie down until it passes. I thought I was going to die! thank goodness I made it on time to pull over and chill because it was aweful...never want to feel that again! apparently common in pregnancy thought...

I've had this too, with the stars in front of the eyes. It's horrible! I was told it is caused by low blood pressure. Mine is usually about 100 over 60 and sometimes lower.

It can be caused by low blood pressure or low blood sugar. Make sure you're drinking enough fluids and eating protein snacks throughout the day. Protein helps level off blood sugar, while carbs can sustain you for a short while and then your blood sugar can crash. I'm sure that was very scary and I hope that you can figure out what can help it for you :hug:

I recently started having this, I asked the doc and he checked me for anemia. He said to make sure I am taking a high iron prenatal and eating lots of protein like chicken and peanuts. It's really made me feel better recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->