School admissions Monday..

amytrisha

Mother of boys.
Reaction score
Anybody else dreading it?!

I’m so worried he’ll get my third option, I literally only put it because it was the best of a bad bunch and I didn’t want to risk them giving him one of the others. It’s the closest though.

My first two choices are catholic schools, and he isn’t catholic. :nope:

Panicking, keep crying! OH told me I need to calm down as it’s something that is out of our hands.

Tell me I’m not the only one!
It’s such a big thing! He’s still so little!

I don't have to worry about which school as there is only one in our catchment but I am seriously nervous as I have asked for DD to be deferred and had she been born 11 days later she'd automatically get the deferral but because she's still a December baby I have to wait and see and I'm bricking it!

Never worried with my first but I changed his school just over a year ago so he now goes to a better one but it's not in our catchment. The school itself is gaining in popularity so a bit worried ds2 won't get a place which would completely screw up my mornings, he has to go to the same school as his brother!

Not worried myself as we're in the catchment and big bro is there. Hubby filled the form in so I hope he filled it in right! I can understand being nervous though it's a big deal!

My daughter starts school in September. It's a different because there isn't a system to choose your school and there's only one school in this town anyway. I initially wanted to homeschool, but my husband is a stay at home dad while I work and he isn't able to adequately meet social needs during the week and I can't either since I'm at work... so, I'm sending her to school. I have heard good things about the school, but it's still a public school with values and ways of doing things that differ from what I wanted for her at this age. We'll give it a go and her happiness will be the measure of it's fit for her.

We got our letter today and we got first choice!!

We had an awful time trying to move house recently and as a result, couldn't apply for anywhere because we didn't know where we were going to be living and the process took an awfully long time. We have now bought a house which is pretty much in the playground of a lovely local school (it's literally about 15 seconds from our back gate), so we're hoping they will have places, but as we were about 3 weeks late to apply in the end, after it was definitely confirmed that we would be living there, we get second round placement after all the other applicants have been catered for. :(

We also don't get our letter until 31st May. :( It's been a horrible time and I feel awful about it, but there really wasn't anything we could have done.

We are also holding our girl back a year. She was born in July. So maybe they will hold her a place for next year, even if all this year's places are taken? Does anyone know if that can happen? Even if you defer, you still have to apply the year before they will actually start school, but maybe they will make an allowance for us and allow her to have a place for next year rather than holding a place from this year? Especially as we are so close.

Sorry to hijack the thread, just wondered if anyone knows anything about this?

I’m sorry I have no idea meep but wishing you the best of luck! Hope somebody has more information, I know if you call the school or the admissions department at your local council they’re incredibly helpful for advice :)

Phew offered same school as his brother!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->