School is out for summer! (Any other teachers TTC?)

Ask4joy

Reaction score
First day of summer break and I'm feeling like a million bucks! Any other teachers TTC? I am hopeful that the rest and relaxation of summer will bring a BFP! This is our 3rd cycle TTC #1 and I'm in my fertile window right now. Would love to connect with other teachers who will have a lot more time on their hands these next 2 months or so. I teach kindergarten, btw. :happydance:

Hi Ask4Joy. Yes I'm a teacher but in the Southern Hemisphere so it's coming into winter. I also teach kindergarten :)

We are on our 8th month trying. I'm trying not to let the shorter, colder days get me down. I miss summer :(

Hi Sarah! Nice to meet a fellow K teacher on here! Teaching can be so demanding and both physically and mentally exhausting - especially kindergarten! I had a tough class this past year and also had family crisis when my sister in law who is only 34 and had just given birth to her second daughter was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I'm really going to try to use this summer to de-stress and relax! She is doing well with the treatment she is on which gives us all hope. Are you in Australia? Baby dust to you!!!

It can be very stressful! Plus with young children, many of their families haven't finished their families. Currently I've got 4-5 pregnant mum's and three newborn siblings. You constantly battle with pretending to be happy and congratulate everyone with wishing they'd all just disappear!

I'm sorry to hear about your sister in law. That is tough, especially after just having a wee one. I hope she is doing alright.

Nope not Australia, but pretty close :)

Yep, I'm a teacher - nearly out for the summer but not quite yet....am starting to count the days!

Hi Webby! Good luck with your last days! What grade/subject do you teach?

Hey ladies! I am not a teacher but follow the same schedule as I'm a school psychologist. I did teach special education for 5 years though.

I'm ntnp this month but I'm pretty sure we will be ttc next month.

Hi Krissie - Summers off rock! I just O'd but am waiting for FF to give me my crosshairs. Here comes the 2WW!

I teach music and drama. Just got all my reports done - phew! I've taught from ages 4-18 but at the moment, am teaching from 4 (kindergarten) - 12 year olds.

My TTC journey is a bit complicated right now in the fact that I have not had a period in over 100 days (I stopped counting at day 100 as it was too depressing!). Am on provera right now which my obgyn gave me. I finish it on Monday so should hopefully get a period soon after that and then I have to go back to obgyn for some blood tests.

I'm hoping the upcoming summer holidays will help my body chill out a bit. You know what it's like in the classroom!

Ask4joy - your chart looks nice :)

Sarah 2211 - I think we're also chatting in the auto-immune disease forum - our paths cross again! x

We will be doing clomid next month. Both cycles I have done it in have got pregnant so it really works for me. I have an obgyn appt June 30th so hoping to solidify my game plan. I'm afraid if we don't get pregnant before I go back to work I might chicken out like I did last August. :haha:

We will be doing clomid next month. Both cycles I have done it in have got pregnant so it really works for me. I have an obgyn appt June 30th so hoping to solidify my game plan. I'm afraid if we don't get pregnant before I go back to work I might chicken out like I did last August. :haha:

Hey, if you don't mind me asking - what made the obgyno to try you on clomid for your last pregnancies? Was it PCOS or other issues?

Yes, it was pcos. I was dx in 2008. I never ovulated on my own until I had ds and that's only been a couple times in 2 years.

Ds is a clomid baby. <3 He was over 8 years in the making so it was definitely a miracle for us.

Wow, thanks for sharing. So pleased you got your miracle and hope your next miracle soon!

Hi Webby! Yes we do :). I'm so sorry to hear about your long cycles. I don't blame you about stopping counting! Have you been checked for PCOS? I have PCOS but my cycles don't seem to be anywhere near as irregular as others. What I mean is that you don't have to fit the profile completely.

I'm waiting to see a gynecologist. I seem to O on my own, so I'm not sure if I'll be given clomid or what will come of it.

FX for you Krissie! Hopefully the relaxing break will do some good and you'll be getting your BFP soon.

I don't have PCOS but do have endometriosis. I went to see a obgyn last week and she did an ultrasound and said my uterine lining was very thin so there was nothing there to shed. Plus she was pretty sure that I have not ovulated.
She put me on provera which I stop taking next week and my period will hopefully come a few days after that and then I'll go back for blood tests. When she examined me she said she also felt some scar tissue from the endometriosis surgery I had 3 years ago.

Hope you get to see a gyno soon - keep us posted!

Ohh I'm sorry you have endo :( it's good that you're been looked after by the gynecologist. Hopefully you'll get your BFP soon. Are you trying for your first? And how long have you been trying? Can scar tissue cause problems TTC?

Yeh, we're trying for our first. We've been trying since February so not that long in the grand scheme of things but we've already got our complications as you know with my husbands autoimmune disease and then me not actually ovulating. I'm not sure about the scar tissue - I've read it can restrict blood flow to your uterine lining which may be what is giving me problems as my ultrasound showed that I had a very thing lining. Will find out more as we go along I guess!

How about you?

I have 3 1/2 more days with kids, then Friday is a teacher work day and I'm done! I'll be joining you TTC August 27, that's my last pill. So excited!

I'm teaching 1st next year, taught 6th for my first year this year. It's going to be so much better. Can't wait to be done.

Wow yes! That does complicate things. Has your husband had to go off DMARDs/biologics? I hope he's doing ok. Will you go on clomid or anything to induce ovulation? You're sounding very cool calm and collected about it all!

We are TTC #1. Just in our 8th month now.

Yes, he's off biologics because he'll need his immune system for his upcoming surgery as well so it would be pretty handy if it all worked out with TTC-ing as well but I know life is not that simple lol.

I've actually got an obgyn today so will keep you posted on what happens. Think they're just going to draw bloods.

How are you doing being off your meds? I hope you're not in too much pain X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->