School is out for summer! (Any other teachers TTC?)

That would be very handy! Biologics aren't really prescribed for lupus and aren't at all where I live. Can they have an impact on your fertility?

Yes let us know. Hopefully they won't be waiting around when they know somethings not right.

I'm doing alright off them. It's been about a year and I've not felt a lot worse than when I was on them, which is good. I've had the odd flare up and had a few short courses of prednisone and that's helped. Every 4-5 years I seem to get a big flare. About 3 years ago I had multiple swollen joints, inflammation in my blood vessels, rashes, inflammation in my liver and in and out of hospital. So I'm really wanting to beat the next flare and get pregnant first! If you're well when you're pregnant there seems to be a better chance of things going well during and after.

Good luck at the OBGYN

update from me. Went to see obgyn as AF finally came whilst I was on provera - a bit earler than expected. I had an ultrasound and she said my follicles were a bit larger than usual which looked a bit polycystic but she said she didn't want to label me with PCOS right now. My uterine lining seems a bit thicker now as well thanks to provera.

I'm starting on a low dosage of clomid today for 5 days since I'm not ovulating on my own. She thinks if I start it today, I should ovulate just before my husband goes in for surgery so that should at least give us a nice chance before he's out of action for a while. We'll see...

Krissie - I've read that Clomid can affect EWCM. Did you experience this and did you do anything to help? I'm just planning to stay hydrated...

Sarah - not too much research has been done on biologics and male fertility which makes it complicated. Our rhematologist recommends staying off biologics in case of lack of sperm and anything getting into the sperm which could affect the baby's development but then the surgeon says it's fine. I've done my own research and basically, I don't think enough studies have been done to prove either case... It's all still quite new! I'm glad the pain is manageable for you right now. I hope you don't get any more flare ups so you can focus on TTC. I would definitely recommend finding a good obgyn. I can't believe how quickly things are moving to me after going to see mine. She's been great and completely understands my husband's condition. At first I felt like a bit of a fraud going to see her, but she said there's a genuine abnormality there with regards to me not ovulating and then the endometriosis history etc.

Any of you teachers got any plans for the summer apart from relaxing and ttc-ing?? I've still got two more weeks...

Clomid did not dry me out. I did use preseed when we conceived ds. With my chemical last month I used grapefruit juice.

No major plans. I am currently sewing clothes for an upcoming event in July.

Webby, that sounds like you got some answers and help! I wouldn't worry too much about PCOS, you probably would have been prescribed clomid if you'd been diagnosed with it anyway.

That sounds really promising. Hopefully you will get your BFP before he has to have surgery. It sounds like for the best chance, plus with his surgery, holding off on biologics for now.

I think there are some medications that are safe to take if you need them. I decided that I'd try and come off them and hopefully that'll be ok for me and future baby. So far alright though.

Today is the shortest day of the year here. I envy you all enjoying summer!

Thanks Krissie - we've got preseed so will stick with that and I'll get some grapefruit juice as I've read about that as well. Plus I really like grapefruit juice! :) I admire your sewing skills. That is something that I lack. I can just about manage sewing on a button, but it's not the best!

Sarah - the moon was beautiful last night with it being the summer solstice or whatever is was!

Lovely! Enjoy it northern hemisphere people.

I'm trying pineapple core this cycle. Apparently it helps with implantation. I think I O'd yesterday

Yes your chart looks that way so keeping my fingers crossed for you!
How do you upload your chart in your signature thing? i might try and do the same..

Krissie328, how are you doing? Are you feeling okay after your chemical last month? Are you going to try clomid again?

I am feeling very depressed about the whole situation. I've struggled to come around to even being able to think about ttc. To the point of telling dh maybe we should only have ds. But I think I will regret not trying.

I've mostly committed to doing another round of clomid next month. I have an obgyn appt June 30th so hoping to to start progesterone that evening to bring on af.

Hello! I'm a teacher too (university lecturer). I'm hoping this summer I'll have a few weeks to myself to get my diet, exercise, nutrient regime going good and hopefully have better luck TTC without all the stress of students/dissertations/final shows... or maybe I'll just sleep for a hundred years, who knows!

welcome otik - sleep sleep sleep sounds like a good option to start with! What subject do you lecture? Is it something artsy like me with the shows that you mention?

Krissie, I'm so sorry to hear what you went through. I can't begin to imagine how that felt and it's completely understandable the way you're feeling now. Going through the whole TTC journey, especially when it doesn't come as easily in the first place is such an emotional journey in itself, nevermind experiencing a loss of what could have been, but I hope you haven't lost all your hope completely yet. You thoroughly deserve some R&R time before your appointment next week. We will be here to support you! xxx

Thanks webby!

I am currently trying to focus on other things right now. I am still unsure about starting clomid but I plan to to talk with dh this weekend to figure out what he wants to do.

i just got a job as a school social worker starting in the fall! I am so excited to be on a school year schedule, I have decided this year that working sucks no matter how much you like your job. I am very much looking forward to having summers off with my future babies.

That's fantastic 2ducks! Congrats on your new job. I must admit summers off definitely keep me in the schools and out of the private sector.

I have 3 1/2 more days with kids, then Friday is a teacher work day and I'm done! I'll be joining you TTC August 27, that's my last pill. So excited!

I'm teaching 1st next year, taught 6th for my first year this year. It's going to be so much better. Can't wait to be done.

Woohoo you're so close! Exciting that you'll be TTC in August!

I taught 1st for a year - it's a fun grade to teach! Big difference from 6th I'm sure!

I've still got one more week to go after tomorrow...bring on summer!

Ask4joy - your chart is looking good so far x

I've still got one more week to go after tomorrow...bring on summer!

Ask4joy - your chart is looking good so far x

Thanks, Webby! FX!

Good luck with your last week of school! We sure are lucky to get our summers off! And we sure do deserve it! ;)

i just got a job as a school social worker starting in the fall! I am so excited to be on a school year schedule, I have decided this year that working sucks no matter how much you like your job. I am very much looking forward to having summers off with my future babies.

Hi 2ducks! Congrats on the new job! Work does suck a lot of the time! It's soooo nice to have Summers off!

It is, I've been teaching the academic writing at an arts university, and a little bit of studio work too (thank goodness). Next year I'm teaching the Blacksmiths in the studio so it should be much less stressful. I've not had time for doctors appointments etc, so now's my chance!

Yes it's so stressful trying to fit in doctors appointments during the school term!

Congrats on the job 2ducks! I see you're on cd18 after clomid. How are you feeling?

We get a term break in 2 weeks for 10 days, plus 4 days of professional development. I'm looking forward to a short break!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->