School uniform.. ouch!

Vicyi

Me & Mine
Reaction score
Just priced up the kiddos uniform for next year.. almost £380!

Cant wait till all 3 are at school :shock: :haha:

Blooming hell! That is expensive - is that just a normal school? DO they not do the TESCO uniforms/printing etC?

When I went to public school I was about £450 a year for a uniform...that was for blazers and kilts and shoes and all the gym stuff.
Its crazy!

Blimey that's a lot. Is there any way of cutting corners or is it really strict? Like at my kids' school they like them to have the sweaters and polos with the logo on them which are eyewateringly expensive and only from one shop, but they're not compulsory - they just have to be the right colour (white polo, maroon sweater :sick:) which I get from asda.

Yeah the dresses/trousers we can get from anywhere (just tried to get some at Trsco as they have 25% off!) but jumpers/cardis/pe kits/bookbags/polo tops are all logo stuff which are expensive!

It's just a normal school, not private.

Tallybee my DDs uniform will be maroon/white/grey this year too, she's just gone up to juniors. DSs is green/yellow/grey as he'll be starting infants. It's like starting from scratch twice as can't pass on DDs cardis/kit to DS and she cant wear it again next year as it's a different school! :(

Agh that sucks. Ours are the same all the way through primary 1 to primary 7. But we're hoping to move soon so it'll be a new lot of uniform for new school lol.

We're hoping to move too (although it's not looking likely for a few years yet.) just hope it's before DD2 starts school.

my sister buys tesco/asda own versions & cuts the logos off their outgrown stuff & sews it on. xx

My Mum used to do that too, she'd cut the badge off our old lblazer and sew it on the new one. Our schools is actually embroidered onto the clothes otherwise I'd prob do the same. Must save a fortune!

My Mum used to do that too, she'd cut the badge off our old lblazer and sew it on the new one. Our schools is actually embroidered onto the clothes otherwise I'd prob do the same. Must save a fortune!

it does save her a fortune!
wish i could do it with LOs nursery uniform but its like an iron on print, not sewn on. her jumpers are £19 & polos are £14 each :/
money i really dont have as a single parent.
xx

Blimey! Lucas' uniform cost me a tenner last year (without shoes) :lol:
They've changed headteacher though and are changing the name of the school so I have a feeling it's going to be logo compulsory. I'll start applying for loans now shall I :cry:

Ours is the same. Can't get from supermarkets as need the logo and very expensive

I buy 3 packs of 2 tops in Tu at sainsburys, 2 pairs trousers each,one skirt, 2 sunmer dress, 1 logo cardi, one knit cardi and no jumper as m refuses to wear then lol shoes are 40 clarks 1 pair each. It adds up but I buy it all year round to sprrad cost x

Yeah school uniforms cost a fortune.

Not ashamed to say mine get hand-me-downs whenever possible. Alex wears Lydia's jumpers that are now too small for her, and I'm saving Alex's stuff for Jason as he starts primary school in September.

(Obviously I throw away things that are stained or damaged).

My kids bookbags, drink bottle, sunhat and PE bag are provided free of charge to all pupils x

LOs bookbag is £6.50 so she doesnt have one, she just takes a rucksack type bag x

Geeeeeeez not looking forward to that!! I remember in school there was always a bit of stick for kids who had really old hand me down uniform (my school had a change of uniform so it was quite obvious who had the old style, which the school couldn't outright ban they had to let it phase out), kids can be so cruel. I never had the school logo tshirts my mum managed to buy us the jumpers and everything else could be your supermarket stuff.

Don't they do grants for lower income families to help them buy it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->