School uniform.. ouch!

Wow eeading this I feel so lucky that Ben only needs a logo jumper and book bag. The rest can be plain trousers/shorts and polo shirts. They're allowed non logo jumpers so I'll get one as back up, but for the sake of £11 he'll look too cute with the logo!! I might have to start saving for the secondary uniform soon tho, ouch!

I've been buying Daisy's on the local selling page, and the school did a £1 each item clothes sale, worth ringing the school to see if they do anything similar :) x

DD1's teacher called me in one evening and asked why she didnt have a jumper with a logo on it and i told her straight that as the dress code states 'red jumper (logo optional)' then i would continue to send her in a plain red jumper as i am not forking out a small fortune for a jumper which gets thrown in a bag for most of the day in class and then wont get worn during the summer months. The teacher was not happy but hey, she can go whilstle. I work hard for my money and DD1 is wearing the 'correct uniform'

How on earth does it come to that amount. I buy our uniform from the school shop as the stuff that from Tesco etc isn't very hard wearing - i've done it before and had to replace so quickly.

When DS started school a few years ago we bought everything in one hit from the school shop (including as it turned out things that he didn't need in reception but we thought he did) and excluding shoes it came to less that £200. As we cut right back on the amount of normal clothes he needed over the course of the year we've actually saved money.

DD starts this year and i know it's going to be a big shop as DS has also grown out of various bits and pieces of his (in Sept last year we only had to buy an extra pair of shorts, a pack of 3 shirts and plimsols so that was a really cheap year).

Just priced up the uniform for DD for the winter term and it comes out at around £150 - 200 depending on if she fits into DS's pe kit or not.

My general finding is that if you buy the cheaper stuff it really doesn't last as long - all the stuff that i bought from the school shop when DS started in Sept 2011 is still in really condition - i've only had to get rid of it because he's grown out of it. Whereas the cheaper stuff i bought when i thought he needed extra stuff has only last 1 1/2 - 2 terms. So not cheaper in the long run.

She has one starting an infant school and one starting a junior school (requiring a whole new uniform), so your £200 times two x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->