School's out for 1 year!

patientgirl

Reaction score
Well today was my last day teaching and I'm now officially on maternity leave!
It feels very surreal to think that not only will I not have to go to work, but it's because I'm going to have an actual real baby!!!

I left with really mixed emotions - as any teacher knows, you feel such a responsibility for the pupils you teach and it's hard to take a day off sick, let alone a whole year away!

I'm sure that by Monday morning (when my alarm doesn't go off) and by Monday lunchtime (when I could still be in my pjs if I want to be) I'll be over it though! Have got a lovely long list of things planned for maternity leave from Christmas present-wrapping and card-making to getting my hair cut to washing the baby clothes and organising them into drawers. Work also gave me the Downton Abbey Series 1&2 box set as a maternity gift so I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into that as the afternoons turn dark!

Here's to a happy maternity leave for anyone else who has finished work today too! :)

Ahhh how lovely!

I understand how you feel though - I'm leaving just after Christmas but only until September, however this is my third year with the same class and I'm really feeling guilty!!

Sounds like you have a lovely maternity leave planned though - make sure you leave enough time to put your feet up tho😉 xx

I just finished my last day of work too!!!! Woot woot 1 year off! Seems soooo surreal! I am on my second day off and don't know what to do with myself! Waiting sucks! I think I might put up my Christmas tree haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->