Schools reopening

Oh well done on the workouts! Since the lockdown I have hardly moved! I miss our challenges Bev!
What with homeschooling the household and shopping twice a week (NOT on the crowded weekends!) I feel I have barely any time to sit down with a cuppa. I wish I had a treadmill at home so I could do something when the boys are in bed but then again I am usually exhausted by then.

I feel like I’m morphing into a blob :lol:

Me too! I can barely believe that I used to walk 15k steps a day and count that a less than good amount. Now I am happy if I get 5000 in lol!

That's true. But then again I don't usually have to homeschool and I find that incredibly time consuming and exhausting! My whole days seems to revolve school work and log ins! I need to supervise those or they do nothing apart from fool around!
We usually have breakfast around 8 to 8:30ish.
9am I have a look at the time table, I print out what we cannot easily do online.
Then the boys get to play on their laptops a bit while I do some chores.
10 to 10:30 am PE online meet.
10:30 to 10:45 break
10:45 to 11:30 school work
11:30 to 12:15 (roughly) class meet
Lunchbreak
1:30pm to 2pm PE meet where they usually play games such as throwing balled up socks into a target or paper aeroplanes through holes cut in a newspaper or stuff like that.
2pm to 2:15 break
2:15 to 3:30 work
3:30 snack
4pm till when ever maths work sheets and TTS Rockstar.
By the time they are done it can actually be 5pm and if I need to do shopping I just have to skip the second PE meet or it will just be too late! I suppose we could start earlier but I am not too good first thing in the morning and Id rather do my chores then so I don't need to concentrate and keep calm :haha:

Yeah and I just saw we missed out on the RE work today. I hate being late with work! GAH! This is like being back in school and not the fun college part either! :haha:

My watch counts pushing the pushchair as riding a bike and doesn’t count my steps...

:dohh: :rofl:

gutted when I realised!

Yeah I was too then I realised lol. I then put it on my ankle under my sock instead hehe.

Yeah I was too then I realised lol. I then put it on my ankle under my sock instead hehe.

I wonder if my band would fit round my ankle... I’ll try when the kids or OH aren’t around as they might think I’m crazy, lol!

Mine do:
815am Breakfast.
9-10am maths video lesson with their individual teachers
10-11am English video with their teachers
Break for 15-30mins
Then we work on what they have been told to do on the two video lesson plus any other work due such as science/spellings etc. Break for lunch somewhere in there.
3pm - we go on a walk because we don't do the official PE links.

This week though I am working 12-2 and have to leave the house by 1130 so it's all gone to pot and we have to do the work 230-4 and then walk if I have the energy! or OH takes them with the dog.

Obviously gotta fit in housework and stuff too.

Not sure I can keep this up for months!

CRW oh no my band doesn't fit around my (c)ankle! I just put it around as much of my ankle as I can but inside the sock. The sock holds it in place. Might look weird if you're wearing tights and a short skirt, mind :haha:

Dee yeah that seems difficult and I really don't know how they expect working parents to accomplish all of that!

Last edited:

That sounds so much. I don't know how they expect you to manage to get all that done when you have a job as well :(

I've given up trying to do everything the school set. They don't expect it but I like to be organised and tick things off as they're set....I need to just focus on the learning part rather than getting it all done. Also, both girls need me to explain things so I can't always let them get on with it.

Our day is a little like this (they have lots of little breaks in-between)
8-9am wake up/breakfast/wash up/tidy up. I also make them packed lunches so the kitchen is out of bounds until time to make dinner.
9am-12
DD2 Bug club (reading) while DD1 does some Mathletics or Rock Stars
DD2 Phonics (DD1 continues with the above)
DD1 Maths (usually an online video followed by set worksheet.
DD2 Maths (same as above) plus mathletics

They snack and have little breaks in between

12-2pm
DD2 English (this week it's planning and writing a story) maybe some spellings
DD1 English/Guided Reading. This usually takes the longest as she hates it although at school does really well so must be my teaching.

2-3pm
Usually wind down with some of the creative or theme activities. I ask DD1 to do some free reading.

Then it takes me a good half hour to take photos and upload it all to purple mash. I despise purple mash and refused to use it for work, we do it all on paper unless it's simple maths questions or a game.

Times do vary depending on the work set. Some of DD2s maths is too easy for her so I challenge her more and she loves Mathletics and will do that unsupervised. DD1s work definitely takes the longest as there's so much to cover (yr3) she hates that sometimes her sister finishes before her

We don't do the RE or PE that is set as I just can't fit it all in. We try and go for a walk every few days.

Well done everyone, whatever you're doing, you're doing a great job xxxx

I've given up trying to do everything the school set. They don't expect it but I like to be organised and tick things off as they're set....I need to just focus on the learning part rather than getting it all done. Also, both girls need me to explain things so I can't always let them get on with it.

Our day is a little like this (they have lots of little breaks in-between)
8-9am wake up/breakfast/wash up/tidy up. I also make them packed lunches so the kitchen is out of bounds until time to make dinner.
9am-12
DD2 Bug club (reading) while DD1 does some Mathletics or Rock Stars
DD2 Phonics (DD1 continues with the above)
DD1 Maths (usually an online video followed by set worksheet.
DD2 Maths (same as above) plus mathletics

They snack and have little breaks in between

12-2pm
DD2 English (this week it's planning and writing a story) maybe some spellings
DD1 English/Guided Reading. This usually takes the longest as she hates it although at school does really well so must be my teaching.

2-3pm
Usually wind down with some of the creative or theme activities. I ask DD1 to do some free reading.

Then it takes me a good half hour to take photos and upload it all to purple mash. I despise purple mash and refused to use it for work, we do it all on paper unless it's simple maths questions or a game.

Times do vary depending on the work set. Some of DD2s maths is too easy for her so I challenge her more and she loves Mathletics and will do that unsupervised. DD1s work definitely takes the longest as there's so much to cover (yr3) she hates that sometimes her sister finishes before her

We don't do the RE or PE that is set as I just can't fit it all in. We try and go for a walk every few days.

Well done everyone, whatever you're doing, you're doing a great job xxxx

Oh, and with all that I am trying to work. Answering calls, sending emails etc. Fortunately it's a bit quiet and I get to go into the office once a week to do the important stuff I can't do at home. X

I don't know how you do it. How on earth can you fit in working?!
What with my boys having breaks I am only just done with handing in the last bit of work. Yeah we could have fewer, shorter breaks but the days are grim without! Since we missed doing the RE work yesterday, we had to miss the second PE class today (they just play games in that) so we could have enough time to do it today. But they have two big projects that need to be handed in in 3 days and both are quite arty and my kids are not at all artistically talented. Sebby has a good imagination and could be quite creative but he has no way to put that down on paper, as neither he nor his brother can draw. I know this is harsh but my mum has paintings from when I was in Kindergarten at 4 or 5 years old and those are way better than what my two produce now at almost 9 :( I don't tell them that of course and wouldn't care if they had fun but they don't, much. So I don't really know how can accomplish those two projects, unless I pretty much do it for them!
They haven't left the house since "school" started. Not that they want to either so far but I don't actually know when we could.

I don't know how you do it. How on earth can you fit in working?!
What with my boys having breaks I am only just done with handing in the last bit of work. Yeah we could have fewer, shorter breaks but the days are grim without! Since we missed doing the RE work yesterday, we had to miss the second PE class today (they just play games in that) so we could have enough time to do it today. But they have two big projects that need to be handed in in 3 days and both are quite arty and my kids are not at all artistically talented. Sebby has a good imagination and could be quite creative but he has no way to put that down on paper, as neither he nor his brother can draw. I know this is harsh but my mum has paintings from when I was in Kindergarten at 4 or 5 years old and those are way better than what my two produce now at almost 9 :( I don't tell them that of course and wouldn't care if they had fun but they don't, much. So I don't really know how can accomplish those two projects, unless I pretty much do it for them!
They haven't left the house since "school" started. Not that they want to either so far but I don't actually know when we could.

Sounds very full on. We get 'theme' tasks too which include creative stuff but I only really do it if they're interested. Last week we made a rocket with a plastic bottle and tin foil! This week it's a moon buggy. Also we did a floating egg experiment but I wasn't wasting all my eggs doing that!

Do your school ask why work isn't completed? Ours are quite good. The teacher rings and just asks how we're doing, can they help etc. They must understand some of us have more than one child, working, cooking, cleaning also have to take place too. Trying to find time for self care is hard. I managed a shower today. Really want to do more exercise indoors but by 6pm I'm ready for bed (or wine).

Good luck with the project x

Oh yes but by 6pm I am SO ready for them to go to bed LOL

One of our teachers is very on the ball. She marks all the work during the day and if there are mistakes she comments and we have to correct them :roll:. I know it is so they learn but she seems to not understand that when we are all done with the work for the day, it is kinda awful to have to ask him to sit down again and go over one part of the work. Be are all sooo done by then lol I need to monitor more carefully before we hand in stuff.

I don't think they would let work slide with us as they know I am at home and don't work ( as such) but if I couldn't cope I think they would do their best to support me. So far I have been very impressed and grateful with all the support our school seems to offer. But we have now missed the afternoon play PE session twice and it did help with getting on with the work load. I am thinking this lesson might just have to give and I hope they will let us. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->