Schools reopening

@AngelUK That sounds very stressful with having to print out all the documents. I hope Rags suggestion works and they're able to complete the work.
It certainly does feel like a full time job, it's non stop!

Thanks Rags, yeah that does work with some of their work but not all, it depends on the formatting and the type of document it is. But I am trying with them all lol

Thanks Rags, yeah that does work with some of their work but not all, it depends on the formatting and the type of document it is. But I am trying with them all lol
Good luck.

Just spent the past hour and a half going over Ds's returned assignments yo find that he seems to do what he thinks its about rather than answering what is being asked, means half his work was only half done! He's now re-done and submitted it all again and I now know what to look more closely at from next week!

Oh I totally have to check on their work too before submitting it. It is always quite a lot for us to do too, isn't it?

Oh I totally have to check on their work too before submitting it. It is always quite a lot for us to do too, isn't it?
It's such a footer flicking between all of the different screens and checking all of the submissions and teacher comments as they are in so many different places! I'm beginning to get my head around where everything is hiding, think next week will be easier. I'm glad I'm computer literate, it must be incredibly frustrating to negotiate for anyone who doesn't use them daily.

It is a big job checking all the work and making sure it is all submitted. I feel for people like grandparents who are looking after the kids and aren't as computer literate as it is quite complicated at times with all the technology!

We've had a survey in to check how we've found this week, what issues we've had and anything that could help, fingers crossed they can address some of the complications.

We made it !!!!

My DD1 got a certificate today in the virtual assembly for all her hard work . I hope they post them out be nice for the kids !

We also got asked to post any comments how we are finding things etc.

Hopefully next week will be easier and into more of a routine ! DD2 is a bit fed up with doing the homework and has started to mess around . I need to get her back on track !

Seen today the infection rate has dropped again . Maybe one step closer to schools opening and lockdown working !

Yay, that's great. Well done to your DD. A virtual assembly is a great idea.

That's great the infection rate has dropped :)

Hi Bev, how is you husband doing?
I watched an interesting programme last week 'are women the fitter sex?' It went in to a good amount of information about why new drugs are traditionally tested on men, the difference at an immune level between men and women (directly relating to the X and Y chromosomes) and looked at very early results of a study being conducted at Oxford looking at the different way male and female immune responses may lead to different outcomes in covid, it's worth watching. Let's just say that I will no longer accuse men of 'man flu' when their symptoms and recovery seem worse than my own.

Hi Bev, how is you husband doing?
I watched an interesting programme last week 'are women the fitter sex?' It went in to a good amount of information about why new drugs are traditionally tested on men, the difference at an immune level between men and women (directly relating to the X and Y chromosomes) and looked at very early results of a study being conducted at Oxford looking at the different way male and female immune responses may lead to different outcomes in covid, it's worth watching. Let's just say that I will no longer accuse men of 'man flu' when their symptoms and recovery seem worse than my own.

That's interesting! I always wondered why me and my DH could get the same illness and both cope so differently with it.
He's doing OK just having a lot of fatigue which just won't go!

The program was on channel 4 and is available on catch up. The study was, in part, looking at how the immune system works, an initial speedy response and then the antibody response, the implication being that in genetic women the initial response is better and gets on top of the infection more quickly stopping it getting as bad, were as genetic males the infection is more established and it's the second part of the immune response that is responsible for getting through it. As I said the study is still at an early stage but the other information relating to the differences between symptoms (such as heart attack), drug trials, cancer responses etc between genetic females and males was really interesting.

Hi All
Been MIA on here lately thanks to homeschooling. Fortunately we don't seem to get bombarded with work, it's all set on a Monday and they are encouraged to do as much as possible. We just email in when done. So glad we're not doing online classes as that just doesn't suit me personally.

Oh no Bev does your DH have covid symptoms. Me and DH both tested positive just after Christmas. He had the full set of symptoms all I had was a bad headache and felt tired....if DH wasn't unwell I wouldn't necessarily have isolated!

Hope you're all finding lockdown okay. I'm okay with it but the weather means we aren't getting out much for a walk/exercise.

@c1403 it was more of a cold really with headache, muscle aches and fatigue, but very mild. Fatigue was the main symptom.
3 days of isolation left :)

Nice to see you back C, glad to hear things are going smoothly for you. So pleased you both recovered from the virus.

@c1403 it was more of a cold really with headache, muscle aches and fatigue, but very mild. Fatigue was the main symptom.
3 days of isolation left :)

That's how it was for us thankfully. DH had a day or two in bed and I just relied on paracetamol for the headache. All over and done with now hopefully.

Today I cannot walk as I did two Joe wicks workouts yesterday :happydance: trying to get out of the Christmas mood now we're mid Jan ha ha

Glad all is well in your house now @c1403 !

wow well done for doing the workouts !! Where did you find those YouTube ? I really need to shape up and tone up haha . Might actually be good mentally too !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->