Second time moms and fatigue?

kayla93

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
I am just wondering how second time moms are handling the fatigue while chasing around a toddler... I feel like I can't ever keep up with my 2 year old daughter. She wont fall asleep for her dad, so she is up until 930 or later until i go in and put her to sleep. then she gets up at 6 in the morning. i feel like i am barely functioning and it isnt fair to her. we are also potty training, which is challenging in itself.
any ideas on how to help with this?
Thank you!

lol right now Minions are helping me through the day. I just feel so guilty putting movies on all the time. But I just do not have the energy to chase her around.

I had been trying coffee but it just wasn't doing it for me because I have no desire for it what so ever right now. It may sound odd but my mother said to try orange juice and holy moo has it made a difference! As long as I drink at least a glass an hour, I am finding I have a lot easier time keeping up with my little whirlwind of a boy. Haha. My mother had 3 under 4 so maybe orange juice is a secret weapon or my family is just weird. :rofl:

Worth a shot anyway!

I too am utterly exhausted... I drink orange juice all the time and it doesn't seem to make a difference for me lol... but I also give some to dd ... Haha, maybe I'm fueling her :haha:
And she's having a serious sleep regression, she's refusing naps and waking up around 5:30... it's awful!!!

I have a 3 year old, 2 year old, and an almost 1 year old (who still wakes up multiple times every night), so fatigue and I are well acquainted. :winkwink: I try to sit down as much as I can and let the kids come to me, I also use TV when I'm feeling particularly bad, but a lot of it is just grin and bear it, and know it won't last forever. :sleep:

Hey. I'm about 11 and a half weeks now and have a lively, and I mean lively 2 year old.

I was seriously struggling with fatigue a few weeks ago and it was making me ratty and bad tempered, not at all fair on my boy...or my husband!

I had a look at my diet and resolved to stop eating so much sugar. The difference has been amazing for me, I am no longer crashing at 3pm buy managing to keep a level of energy through the day, even when my lad decides to be awake for 3 hours in the night like last night.

Refined sugar is in pretty much everything so it's not easy, particularly if you're also not feeling well but maybe give it a go?

Paw Patrol and Chuggington have been my friends this trimester, lol! I felt so guilty putting on an episode of tv, but I can't exactly play with him and throw up at the same time. It's only for a short time, and it won't hurt your child in the long run to watch a little tv while you are sick. Don't stress :)

I watch movies with my son on my phone when I don't feel well (on putlocker.is) or we play board games, do puzzles and such things. If I need a nap I let him play Sesame street games but often I can catch a nap when he is at Kindergarten or Daddy is already home.

This is where I really feel for you ladies that are struggling with tiredness and toddlers. My nearly 2 year old is very active and virtually runs around all day long. He stopped having any naps just before I fell pregnant, so I have cartoons on all day, granted he barely looks away from his toys to watch, though he seems to adore Scooby-Doo. I'm lucky enough to have Hubby work from home, so when I'm really struggling like I have done the past couple of weeks I've had him watch DS while I have a short nap.

I feel your pain am suffering from really bad morning sickness and tiredness I have no energy!

My 4 year old and 1year old have so much engery it's unreal ! Plus I work full time ! Arghh! Shattered

I have my two cups of coffee in the morning and then nap with her (luckily she's still taking 2+ hour ones). My husband has also been amazing and took over most of the housework as well as keeping her entertained when he gets home from work so I can rest. Otherwise it's just one day at a time!

Me I am struggling at the moment. Morning sickness and extremely tired means CBeebies is on a lot! If it gets us through the day I'm happy it won't hurt her in the long run. Each day at a time and remember each day we get through is a day closer to feeling better!

Its hard lol
I have 3 to look after and this pregnancy I've suffered the most from fatigue. I could nap when i was pregnant with my 2nd and 3rd but i don't get that now. Hubby works long hours 6 days a week. So its just me and the kids, i have put on a movie when DS3 has gone down for a sleep and sat with the older kids in the lounge room a few times just to rest and I've caught myself nodding off lol

My DS and I took 2-3 hour naps together daily when I was pregnant with my DD. It was bliss! Now he doesn't nap and hers are 2 hrs, max. I never get to nap. :'( TV is my friend and I try to take them out to places a lot, most indoor playground type places where the kids run free and moms sit and watch lol. That's been okay for me right now.

Stuggling too but I just make sure those rare moments im feeling okay I makr a real effort with my girl like baking or going to the park. Just a heads up for those who said they drink alot of orange juice. Be careful as I was drinking three litres of it a week with my first pregnancy and Ive stained and damaged my teeth alot there is nothing I can do now. Dentist said drinking it througha straw can help though x

OMG struggling! Didn't realise how easy it was being pregnant the first time round!

It's so much harder when you have no option but to keep functioning no matter how crappy you feel!

Hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->