Section and sterilisation?

KittyVentura

Autism Mum
Reaction score
Hello.

So, background.

Baby number 3. Complete breech with her bum engaged at 36 weeks, scanned to confirm. Fluid is low with a difficult placenta so hoping to try ECV next week but unsure of how successful this will actually be.

So right now, while she still has time to turn, we are obviously thinking ahead that this could end up as a planned section.

This is absolutely our last baby. Really we weren't sold on having a third but one happy blooper after getting drunk and carried away while off birth control and that's that... And we are so happy to be having this next girl. But at the same time, we are absolutely 110% done. My body does not cope well with pregnancy, I couldn't do it again even if I wanted to.

We have been planning for Ian to get the snip next year, that's how certain we are.

So what I'm now wondering is, if we do have a section this time. A planned section... Will they consider sterilising me at the same time?? Is that possible?

I'm 30, he is 28, we are married, settled, committed and have 3 children.

Not sure about how it works in the UK but I was offered sterilization by my ob. She said they could do a tubal at the same time if I wanted it. Personally, though this is also our last, I would rather DH get snipped. My body is messed up enough hormonally, I don't want a tubal to add to my issues. It doesn't hurt to ask them.

When I asked before my scheduled section with Sophie, they said 3 kids and 30 here. I know it is a different country but hopefully you get the same advice.

I don't have any experience of this myself, but I have known people that were on their last child and have been sterilised and the same time during a csection. I think you need to discuss it with a doctor rather than a midwife but it is possible.

It's definitely possible, but it depends on your doctor and your hospital. You'd have to discuss it with them to be sure, but my last doctor mentioned it off-hand as a possibility. A friend didn't have it as an option because the hospital she used was a catholic hospital and they did not allow sterilization procedures to be done there unless it was to save a life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->