Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

That's the reason I never bought a jumperoo too, I'm not sure if this is right but I also heard that if they are in one alot from a young age it can make them bow legged :shrug: who knows.

Anyway we don't have one for those reasons plus they're very expensive for something that won't be used lots, they're also pretty big and my house has all macies stuff and my 4yr olds stuff too!! Lol xx

haha, yeah a house can fill up quickly when a baby comes along!!! lol!

ahcigar1; yay!!! The smiles just get more and more gorgeous!! I adore the smiles we get, and now we're getting some wee giggles too it just makes ya wanna melt!!!

I hope Alex is feeling better soon! Skye had the same when she was 6 weeks old, she was coughing so much and couldnt breath, we ended up in hospital too, was so scary! She got alot better about 5 days after. now shes got a cold back and is coughing again... we are praying it doesnt turn into this again [-o<

Skye is growing up so fast. Shes awake all day and alert wanting to be entertained and taking everything in. Shes trying to grab things she can see now and watches her hands, its soooo cute! :cloud9: Shes also moving into 3-6 month clothes and shes not 3 months until the 15th!!

Hope all the LO's who are having their jabs are ok - Skye has her 2nd lot next week x

Get well soon Alex!

Welcome to all the new ladies!

Thanks for that info Flyingduster, you have made me think twice about buying the jumperoo (was gonna get one with Freya's Christmas money).

Hope everyone is well
xx

I will still be buying a jumparoo. or some form of that anyways. LO loves to bounce and I can't sit with him holding him under the arms for as long as he likes to. From the research I've done, I don't see any negative effects when used properly. There is a difference from letting your baby have some fun and getting some leg muscles, and using it as a baby sitter. As far as walkers go.... my thought would be not to put them in there until they can reach the floor with their feet. I loved my walker and was walking early because of that with no side effects as of yet.

I'm probably going to get slammed here, but please be wary of jumperoos and other such things (jolly jumpers, exer-saucers etc)!!! I know they generally love them, but at the very least be careful they're used on a very limited basis (10-20 mins a day; TOPS) cos babies really aren't built to be dangling by their crotch and tippy-toeing the ground. It's nt good for theirs back and neck to be upright a lot before they're able to hold themselves upright, and it's not good for their legs to be dangling from their crotch a lot.

I know you'll all probably keep using them anyway, but if you insist on using them then just be aware of the dangers, and limit them. :)

I hate them and will not be using one. one of the problems I have found with the children I look after at nursery is those using jumperoos walk later as they seem to think legs are for jumping. All (except 1) of the early walkers (under 12months) have not used jumperoos.
I do however think limited use would probably be ok.

We have a jumperoo for Leah and can't wait till we can put her in it. I don't see an issue using one as long as used properly. And there has been research done on the walking bit and there has been no signs of delayed walking between babies who use these and walkers to the one who haven't. We won't be using a walker because our house just isn't built well for one, that is why we got the jumperoo. Even is she doesn't jump in it will still serve its purpose of stregthening her legs.

Hey! I've just found this.. Kian was early sept 26th, do I still fit here? You were all my peeps I was supposed to have him october!!

Of course you fit here, I had Alana late and she is now a November baby but like you say we all went through it together.

No sorry NY, not allowed :p I'll add Kian to the list along with other new arrivals when I get home

Welcome NY!

My DH is working nights for the next seven nights so I am on my own for bed and bath time. Bah. It's nice having someone there to help settle her. Sometimes I think she smells my milk and just wants to feed! She's asleep now. Six more nights to go.

Alana has her injections in an hour, I am hoping she will be ok.

How did Alana get on with her jabs Jen? I hope shes ok x

I took Skye to the Drs today to get this cough checked out, they say her chest is clear which is great, just got to keep an eye on her again incase it settles on her chest.
I've still got a bloody cold, being bunged up is driving me nuts!!

Hello to the newbies :wave:

Hope Alana did ok. Happy to hear Skye is doing fairly well.

Leah had her shots yesterday afternoon. When I got home she was still upset so I took her from hubby and she started calming down. I think she just wanted her mommy. But she was doing that huh huh huh you do when get really worked up after crying so much. Just about broke my heart. She finally did settle down though and I snuggled with her for a bit before finally putting her down for bed. I felt so bad she was in pain and that I couldnt be there to comfort her from the beginning. Hopefully she does well today. I told hubby if she is fussy not to get frustrated with her and to comfort her the best he can.

How is everyone else doing today?

Ah ha! Found you ladies! Went MIA on me and turns out y'all were here! So hello :hi:
For the ladies who I don't know, I'm Kait, mom to William who was supposed to be an Oct baby, but he decided to come in Sept instead.

Yayy hi girls :hi: glad youve found us

Hope Alana's jabs went ok .... Macie's 1st set are tomorrow.
I have some questions .... Hope you dont mind me asking....

TMI Question: Girls who had vaginal deliveries .... Was it uncomfortable the 1st time you dtd?? We have only just dtd for the 1st time today and had to stop as it was kinda uncomfortable... Im nearly 10weeks PP?

Another question: Anyone FF and still not had a period?? Im nearly 10weeks PP and FF & still had no signs ???

TMI question: Yes, yes and yes. It's gone from painful, to uncomfortable, to so painful I refuse to even let my hubby touch me at all. I don't think it's normal for it to be so painful tho (like I've been discussing on my journal). But it makes sense for it to be uncomfortable - your poor vag has been thru the ringer and then it's prolly gone all tight from not being used. If you feel up to it, try again in a while with copious amounts of lube. I say don't give up just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->