• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

Who is planning on returning to work? I am going back part time after 12 weeks. I really do not want to go back though! My husband and I are going to try and split shifts so we don't have to have childcare. What is everyone else's plans?

I was/am on maternity leave until Jan third, I will be returning part time as well. I have been going in a few hours every couple days because my temp replacement wasn't up to their hopes. I'm not thrilled about returning, but I rather like us being able to eat and buy diapers. I'm mainly doing it for insurance as i have really good insurance and would like to be able to take LO to doc. hhahaha

we're also alternating back and forth so no child care... or that's the plan at least

Phantom- I have had baths with Skye but always with DH there to take her off and dress her while I wash hair and stuff, but I think I will give it a go on my own and see how we go. I do love the closeness it gives.

Hi sorry just seen you added me to the list, slight error in my little ones name, It's not Caitlyn, it's Caitlin, sorry, lol

Thanks! =) Hope all mummies and bubba's are well and happy xxx

as for work, I WAS going back asap, but have now switched my tune and am shutting that door to be a SAHM. I ADORE my job, it's a career and a total passion of my life. But Caleb comes first, and I can go back to my career later, but I can't come back to Caleb...

My little one is EBF even though sometimes I do find it extremely hard work and draining. But I'm sure it will b worth it.

As for BC abstinence is the way for me seeing as LOs dad left me during the pregnancy and I neither have the time or the energy to go out and meet some one else.

I plan to have a year off on mat leave I know I won't want to go back so I feel sorry for all you ladies who have to go back sooner.

i had my little zachary oct, 11th instead of the 24th. sorry been too busy, will post pics and birth story soon.
didn't want to be left out

:hi: everyone

How are you all??

We're doing great here- I seem to be the only problem as i'm very very emotional the last cpl of days, I just dont feel like myself at all. Got so much going on thats not baby related, moving house ect & the stress is pushing me over the edge. I was pretty bad after birth of 1st & was really happy I was ok this time round but im not so sure now, fingers crossed its just a phase. Also, i'm back on the pill now & its the week where I would normally get PMT so I duno if thats it. I stopped bleeding at 3 weeks, which is when I went back on the pill then DTD, it was a bit sore but not too bad. My bleeding started again about 2 weeks ago which I think is my first period, its the longest one ever coz its still going on.

Kayden has been very good, he's on formula & is feeding every 3 hours during the day and 4/5 at night, I can hear him stirring just now & he went to sleep at 8.15 so thats 4 1/2 hours which is about usual. Longest he's slept so far is 6 hours, but im still not 100% on that one, coz i was so tired I may have read the clock wrong.

Anyone else missing being pregnant & feeling very broody, thinking about next baby? I was not like this with 1st, infact I was so scared of falling pregnant again that we didn't DTD for ages & we done it once & that was it for months, I swore i'd never ever had another...time heals tho. But this time round I duno, i just dont want to say that Kayden is my last, I dont necessarily want to start ttc any time soon, just like to think that we will at some point down the line, rather than closing the door altogether & saying defo no more...coz the thought of that is quite scary.

Anyway, sorry for blabbering on ladies, I had a few pages to catch up on there & I filled my head with all the things I was going to say!! Fingers crossed for a good night for you all.

:hug:

Hi everyone :)

My little lady was due on 10th October but arrived 10 days early on the 30th Sept, can I still come in?

hey littlemiss im feeling well broody again and really miss being preg. although we will use condoms ntnp will be ok for us.... im trusting my body, if it allows me to conceive then i must b ready physically it took 18 months to fall preg with rayden so if it wants to take longer/quicker 2nd time then so be it, nature knows best and all that... but hoping to fully be trying again in feb maybe, thats when i conceived this year so u never know :)

I miss being pregnant but couldn't imagine getting pregnant again any time soon. I really want to devote all my time to my daughter right now. I was sick for the first 26 weeks and I can't imagine doing that again with a baby. Maybe in a year or so. Next time around I want a spring/summer baby. I hate being stuck inside!

littlemiss83- I hope it's just a phase that passes quickly!

Phantom- I had an error on my info as well. Baby's name is Lauren :)

littlemiss83, I hope you're feeling better again soon! I had a really rough week the other week, but that was cos this abscess set me back to being bed-ridden and so uncomfy; having been uncomfy for the past few months with pregnancy and then healing from birth etc, it just really threw me to be finally healing and then thrown right back to square one!! :hugs: I hope it passes and you're happy again ASAP. :)

As for TTC again; I'm keen to enjoy my wee man for a while yet, but at the same time I do miss being preg, and I LOVED the birth, so I am keen to do it all again sometime!! I'm in no hurry though, perhaps in another year or so. :)

Hi ladies! Well I am now a full-time mom! I actually havnt worked since I was 20 wks preggo as I had to leave my job when we moved cross country! My husband only just had his first day of work today. Ive been very lucky to have him home so long especially with Sofia having reflux and being very needy and demanding. Being by myself with her finally is a new challenge!! I exclusively breastfeed. And other than sore nipples for a bit in the beginning it's been pretty smooth sailing with BFing! She has been having a terrible time lately going poo. But it's not constipation because her poo is still soft/liqidy but she struggles to go I don't understand it!!

Wow I cannot believe the day we have had and happy that Leah has gone to bed easily tonight. But surely it is because she has worn herself completely out. She has been screaming at the top of her lungs all day long, literally. Only taking the occasional 5 min break here and there where we thought finally we have her calmed down then she would start up again. She has had horrible gas, we tried giving her gas drops burping her, rubbing her belly, everything and nothing seemed to work. Then finally at about 6pm tonight she got the hiccups which seemed to get rid of the bubble she had because she had a bottle not long after that and she is now sound asleep. Poor thing, I felt horrible for her. Hopefully she gets some good rest tonight and tomorrow is a better day for her.

sooo sorry ladies for the oopses on the info, i'll go back and fix them in the morning, i'm gonna go pass out from exhaustion now. xx

Morning Ladies! :hi:

I have finally read back and caught up on all the previous posts....its great to see some familiar faces :)

Freya was due on October 27th, but arrived 8 days early on October 19th. Natural delivery. She will be 7 weeks old tomorrow, and she is amazing.

I am exclusively breastfeeding, and after a difficult first 2 weeks, we are now doing really well.

We are also co-sleeping. I was very against it during my pregnancy, but its the only way that works right now. Freya wont even spend 5 minutes in her Moses basket, and we all needs our sleep, so she sleeps with me for an easy life!

I have just had the Depo injection last week, although we havent DTD yet. We dont ever have the opportunity, as Freya is always in my arms!

I am very lucky, and will not be returning to work until 1st June 2012. I do feel for the ladies who have to go back soon.

Looking forward to sharing this experience with you all :friends:

xx

We are kind of co sleeping. I have a little sleeper bed that goes in our bed. I like that we can keep her close and it makes BF easy at night. If she is fussy, I just put my hand on her chest and it's usually enough to get her to sleep. If not I cuddle her and then put her in the sleeper once she is asleep. I don't think I would sleep as soundly if I just put her in the bed. Best invention ever! Link for anyone interested:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3977276&CAWELAID=468653328

Hey girls, mind if I join in. I don't always get much of a chance to go on the computer but find this website a lifesaver since it keeps me sane to talk to others going through the same things.

I had my twin girls via repeat c-section on October 7th. Their names are Ashley and Elizabeth (Libby) and will be 2 months tomorrow! Ekk! We're headed in to the doctors office on Thursday so I'm excited to find out their weights. We're back to exclusive BFing after a little blip from thursh that caused me to bottle feed for a few days. And the girls don't sleep in our bed but are both still in moses baskets in our room at the moment. Not sure for how much longer though since one of the girls has already rolled over once a few weeks ago. It's only a matter of days before she figures out how to do it again.

Looking forward to getting to know the new faces and happy to see a few familiar ones. :)

Thanks for the link Acorn. i will look into buying a co-sleeper...

Hi Littlestars :hi: hope all 3 of your girls are well.

xx

alrighty ladies fixed the erros in the name info, working on a new front page post for us. hehe

AFM:
TMI
dtd last night for the first time in... 11 mos :haha: I was actually prepared for it to hurt like a b****, but it wasn't bad. Feeling a bit bruised today, but not unbearable. almost 8 weeks PP. Needless to say DH thought he'd won the lottery. lol. We got Cody finally down an hour past when he usually goes to bed (in his bed not ours), and he kept grunting in his sleep like he was going to wake up. :rofl: Which made the first few minutes really odd......:blush:

I am not sure when you can dtd after a section but I am prepared to wait a little longer. My hubby goes back to work tomorrow after 4 weeks and 1 day off. It will be nice to have Alana on my own and get ourselves into a little routine.
I am planning on starting to attend baby massage, baby sign and breast feeding group, even though she is feeding fine I thought it would be nice to meet other mums on the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->