Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

Glad to know I'm not alone in the sleep regression. Hope the next few weeks improve for us all. :hugs:

Ekk! I don't like the idea of any sleep regression from my girls. I like my sleep! They're doing 12 hours solid give or take (definitely at least 10hrs) and then a feed and down for a few more hours. I'd love to say I'm well rested but for some reason I just can't seem to get enough sleep.

Are the ones having sleeping issues formula or BF babies? My girls are formula and I'm just wondering if that might have anything to do with it?

And again on the topic of solids.. I've never heard of anything about early food causing IBS, the only thing there is concern about is possibly cauing allergies in the future. That being said it's really only a concern for a baby whose family history include a lot of allergy issues.

Hippy - am I correct in remembering that your LO is fairly low in her weight? If so, adding in the rice cereal would not only help with keeping the milk down but also help her gain weight.

Okay, I'm totally babbling now and really should get my bum outside to shovel some snow. Oh the joys of winter.

Uh oh. I hope I am not next in line for sleep regression :wacko:

Freya has only ever slept 3-4 hours at a time (then she wakes up for a feed). So I cant dare to imagine how long she will go if sleep regression kicks in?! Arrgh! :nope:

Can I just say you all made this very tired mummy freel a whole lots better. I was worried about her changing sleeping pattern and feeding for shorter times and you all gave me the answers.
Littlestars you are right Alana is small in weight so I am hoping the cereal will help. I was going to use advocado too but I need to check the acidity levels to make sure it won't arrgravate her reflux.

We started kian on baby oatmeal. His doc wanted to help his reflux. He's only had it twice cuz I'm scared to give it to him. I may chicken out but OH wants it done. So it's hard. He loves it but so far it's been consistency of a tiny bit thicker milk on a spoon. He took t a spoon iSight away!

It won't hurt him, it is really good at helping reflux and allowing baby to get full. Why are you scared? Honestly it will be fine, if however you really don't want to wean then don't as you have to be comfortable doing it.

Just scared it will cause allergies since its so early....

I am sure he will be fine.
Alana just had her second set of injections just a whimper and then back to normal. Phew.

ny- Try not to worry to much. I started Cody on Rice in his bottle weeks ago, and it helps his reflux tons.

Phantom- I have the exact sleep changes. I miss those 6-8 hours!! Hopefully this is a short change for the both of us.

hey ladies,

just popping on to say hello, i dont get much time as there is always someone wanting something or another, lol!

I dont think i need to worry about the sleep regression as we rarely go even 3 hours straight sleep anyway, we also still co sleep so i dont have to get up or anything with Skye. I hadnt thought about baby rice for reflux, so thanks to those that mentioned that. I started both my boys on it at about 14wks as they were both such hungry babies and it never caused any problems, although there are no allergies in any other family members.
I still feel at newborn stage with skye sometimes. she still wont be put down to sleep or fall alseep anywhere other than on me or in my arms. she still wakes straight after being put down even if shes fast asleep. I guess this could just be because the house is always so busy. Other than that though she's doing ok. she will be put down awake and chat to me or the other kids while we do stuff, she is much better at traveling now so shopping isnt such a mission, she is awake loads during the day and taking notice of everything. She doesnt seem to keen on tummy time though and usually rolls straight to her side or back. Anyone one else not like tummy time much?

I hope everyone gets some decent sleep soon!

hippy- glad alana was ok x

Cody hates tummy time. He just buries his face in the mat/blanket and screams. He can lift his head and shoulders up if he wants to, he just doesn't like it. The only way we can get him to sorta do tummy time, is chest to chest, he'll lay and babblle for a little if we lay him on our chests otherwise. He turns bright red and gets so mad. Will have to video... its kinda funny :haha:

glad its not just skye, lol! hows cody's teething going? we just still get lots of dribble but no movement on the teeth since we spotted them at 3 wks. not that i am complaining though as still BF

Have any LO's got odd things that stop them crying when all else fails? since about 3wks old skye has stopped crying straight away when i play a certain song. LMFAO-party rock anthem!

Lauren hates tummy time as well. Screams her head of usually. We made progress this week. She will now do like 2 minutes happily if you distract her and then back to screaming.

mumatmadhouse- Lauren will almost always stop crying if you read her a book. We read to her all the time while I was pregnant. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Alana stops crying if you massage her feet. I went to reflexology my whole pregnancy so again to sure if that has anything to do with it.

mamh- his teething is going strong. no break though, but he is constantly chewing or wanting his gums rubbed.

as far as never fail cry routines. it changes weekly for him. This week i've been singing wheels on the bus with him and making his hands do the little motions and he loves it. we'll see how long that lasts.

ugh.. I hate the "wheels on the bus" song. My DD1 decided from the ages of 1 until 5 that it was her favorite. I'm pretty sure we've thought of literally everything single thing possible that can (and cannot) travel on a bus. lol

For my girls to stop crying, often just being picked up will stop the crying but if that isn't working, Libby loves to stand up over and over again on my lap, Ashley prefers to sit facing the tv and watch cartoons. Doh! I know, bad, but it works!

As for tummy-time, both girls seem to like it for 5-10 minutes at a time but often just roll themselves over because they want a better look at the tv (Again I know it's bad! but DD1 watches it). Usually I'll give them some time to see if they can roll back onto their tummies (close but not quite yet) and then I roll them over myself to do it all again.

So glad I'm not dealing with the teething yet. I cried when DD1 got her first tooth, I was so sad I would never again see a toothless grin. And honestly I thought her teeth were HUGE but in the end they were normal, I was just freaked out at first.

I think Caleb has been put on his tummy maybe a total of like 6 times now... We just don't bother with it. He's happy enough, though uncomfortable. He never screamed about it, but I don't see he has any need of 'tummy time' when he's carried 90% of the time! lol.

If Caleb is having a wee sad moment, for whatever reason, quietly singing "you are my sunshine" while stroking the bridge of his nose and nursing him generally puts him to sleep. I used to sing it quietly to myself when I was pregnant with him, so have carried it on as a special wee 'just us' thing we do to help him centre himself again. :)

Im dreading this sleep regression thing :(

Macie doesnt mind tummy time so much now x
She has her 2nd lot of jabs today :( poor baby xx

This 1st PP period is a bitch!! ... Im on day 3 and its So heavy :(

I also hate wheels on the bus. I have been going on YouTube and lisrening to old Raffi songs with Silas, then singing along. It's been fun. :)

Silas used to hate tummy time but now is okay with it usually. He's gotten so much better at holding his head up and it happened so suddenly a couple weeks ago. Amazing the way babies develop. I do wonder if tummy time is worth it because it seems like most of their development is preprogrammed, not from practice.

We just dropped Silas off at daycare for the first time. I cried a little... He didn't, he was absolutely cheerful and excited to be in a new place. Now... What to do with my first free time in forever??? Besides check my phone every ten minutes to make sure the daycare lady hasn't called.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->