Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

Aww Hippy. it must be awful having to cut out dairy. i love my dairy products!
I have had to cut out all fruits - as it gives Freya really bad colic. i miss my bananas, apples and grapes!

xx

Oh I didn't know rice was gassy. I may try baby porridge then when we start on solids.
Right off out now to the theatre with my mum and wouldn't you know it she went to bed like a charm before I even left the house.

MAMH - Skye isn't too keen on being put down to sleep if she has fallen to sleep on me. She does fall asleep in her bouncey chair but its not that often. She usually falls asleep while I feed her then instantly wakes up if I put her down. She sleeps great if we are out and she is in the pushchair tho.
Nicole - I have the same with Skye wanting boob to be settled. She's getting better at stopping crying if we get up and walk about with her or make her laugh but if there are too many people around or she's too tired then she just wants boob!

Skye hasn't rolled over yet. She doesn't like tummy time at all yet. Shes ok if we are chest to chest but if I put her down on her tummy she just stuffs her face into the mat and cries. She's got lots of tummy time toys so hopefully she'll start enjoying it soon.

I'm not sure when we will start weaning. I know it has changed to 6 months now so I guess we will hold out for as long as we can but she is showing all the signs of being ready. She watches us EVERYTIME we eat and puts everything in her mouth. She can sit unaided for short periods of time but sits up in her bumbo or aided by my feeding pillow for ages playing.

How's the weather where you all are? It's been snowing all day here and the snow has got quite deep (Birmingham, UK) We had to walk to the supermarket in it earlier, the car is broken and in the garage aarrgghh!

It's my big boys 11th birthday today - Happy Birthday Matty!! <3

Enjoy the Theatre Jen x

Happy birthday to your big boy Shell! The weather here has been lovely (NZ, so it's summer here!) but today it's a bit meh; cloudy but not raining. Still mild, but just 'meh'! lol!!

Caleb found his own penis this morning! :haha: he lay there holding it for ages, just holding it... lol! Ohhhh the joys of boys!

FD - lol, one of my girls discovered her bits a few weeks ago and was grabbing it like play-doh.

The weather here is cold. I live in Canada so what can one really expect? Though it's been pretty light as far as snow this year. We've been getting a fair bit of warmer days just hovering above or below the freezing mark and then we'll suddenly get a day or two of crazy cold days and then mild again. Today was sunny and -5 celcius, more of the same tomorrow. All in all it's been a reasonable winter for having newborns to contend with.

Question for those who use lift out car seats in the car. Do you put down the handle as is recommended by the manufacturer or not?

I was but then my sister wasn't and then I started not doing it if I was only going a short distance and store to store for ease but I would NEVER let my husband know but today I noticed someone in the car next to me driving down the road with the handle up too and then noticed another.. so I started to think maybe most people don't bother hencce my quesiton.

We put down the handle if he's calm. If he's cranky we'll leave it up and attach a toy for him to be distracted with. Although I never really thought about it tbh.

Will loves to yank and squeeze his man parts. I swear he's gonna mangle them if he keeps it up lol.

I think it depends on your specific car seat. We use a graco snugride and the instructions say its safe either all the way up or down because the handle is reinforced. We lead it up for convienence and because we have a small Honda fit. Check your manual if you aren't sure because every seat is different.

We went to a carseat check and he said that about graco too - it is ok to leave the handle either way. He's a professional so now I don't worry! :)

shell n bump- I feel better knowing its not just Skye that doesnt go down much, lol. hope your lad had a great birthday! We only got the snow last night (south east) but we got 6 or 7 inches overnight so the kids are loving it today.

Skye will roll over from front to back but not the other way yet. She has just gone into 0-3month tops and bodysuits, lol. But she is in 3-6 month for sleepsuits and has been in 0-3 month bottoms for a few weeks. Hahaha, shes such a little doll!

Hi to the new ladies joining us, hope you are enjoying your LO's!

I am loving all the pics and thought I would share a couple more recent ones of Skye xx

The one with the blossom top was taken boxing day and the other one was taken at the end of Jan with her serious face on, lol. She still refuses to smile for the camera.

Attachments

• DSC02621.jpg
    DSC02621.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC02650.jpg
    DSC02650.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1
Carry car seats are saer with handles up as in an accident the car seat handle protects the baby and rolls the car seat safely. I don't have one for my car but my mum uses a carry handle one with her and I make her keep the handle up for that reason.

I have to the theater was amazing, we saw Oliver and it was one of the best shows ever. However Alana woke up within just under 2 hours after I got in and then two hours after that followed by an hour and then 40 mins and at 6.30am was awake for the day. It is killing me this change in sleep pattern. She is only coming up to 13 weeks. I am still hoping it is the injections causing this and not a change in sleep pattern.
I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

welcome waiting to grow :hi:
littlestars- i didn't know i was meant to keep the car seat handle up oops :wacko:
lovely video of caleb (that was our no.2 name :thumbup:)
nypage- i've heard good things about the amber teething necklace, do you find it helps?
shellnbump- i'm in newcastle and no snow just thick frost last night but all gone now
cody's gorgeous
acorn- yeah i thought Lauren was sitting i was v =D&gt; hehe
littlestars- Travis if formula fed and always been a wide awaker he got better during the nights but couple of weeks ago he was worse but apparently 3months has a fussy stage?
mum@madhouse- Skye's cute i love the serious look- travis was big born and now in some 6-9 month sleepsuits but still some newborn tops and 0-3 vests they all vary so much :dohh:
hippy- i started a 5week baby massage class been twice and we like it :cloud9:
has anyone heard from mommys angel?
i'm going to a weaning class on wed and been advised to stick to milk til at least 17weeks but leave to as close to 6months as poss
Travis didnt like tummy time at first so i would put him on floor then lie down beside him and talk to him, also i have him on tummy on my knees (so he's close to me) and his head on sofa arm.
he's had diarrhea since monday morn so been nappy galore and lotsa poo fountains :haha:

thanks for all the nice comments

Adele I didnt order an amber necklace yet...figured I'd give it to him for baby's 1st Vday present:) I m just having trouble trying to figure out which ones are real and which are fake there are so many....
I see MA on ZB's journal...she is maybe just stopping at journals?
We always put our hand of carseat down....thats what the cop told us to do at carseat check...??? not sure why now. Seems you all leave yours up. She said the handle has to be down for our seat to flip up in an accident and its supposed to flip flat to the back of the seat in order for it to protect the baby. (think turtle shell I guess)...maybe its cuz we have Chicco? idk. now im gunna have to look into it! Sucks that we can't hang toys for him in there!

so I am getting frustrated with cloth diapers- anyone use them? I have had like 5 leaks now in just a couple days from them and beginning to feel like throwing in the towel. This last time the diaper was only on for like 30 minutes so its making me mad! i put a disposable back on today...

I have some that leak all the time and some that work well for us. From what I can tell each baby as nappies that suit it and some that don't. My tot bots don't leak but my ittis leak if I am not very careful when I put them on and if she wriggles loads they leak. My problem is that right now she is only 9lb 2oz and so most of the ones I have are too big around the legs. I do like my swadlesbees though, they fit her really well. I am using a combination of cloth and disposables at the moment.

See, Kian has HUGE chunky thighs so they're all making lines around his legs so must be tight enough, but they keep leaking out the top of the leg hole. I can't possibly have them tighter so not sure what is up. Wondering if his body build is just not good for cloth its weird. And these are the Bum Genius ones which are supposed to be good dipes. grrrr

As far as the carseat thing goes.... our hospital tells mother to put the infant carrier handles down while in the car. In fact, they won't let you drive off property if it isn't. Odd!

The only advantage of having the handles down is better view in the rear view mirror. In one of our vehicles if we have it up, it does impair the vision somewhat. I haven't really been consistent one way or the other.

huh. interesting. acorn what happened to your pic? i cant see it didnt recognize you!

different brands and styles all fit differently; it takes some experimenting to find what works for YOU! Just cos a brand is great for some, doesn't mean it'll be great for Kian, so don't loose hope too much; try a different brand and sell the leaky ones. :)

I don't know NYPage, did it go away? It still looks the same to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->