Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

We had a lot of leaks with cloth when Silas was younger. For us the leaks were mostly about absorbency. When we started using bigger diapers they stopped leaking... After it leaks and you take off the diaper, does it feel completely soaked or not? That is one way to check if you need more absorbency. Maybe a bigger size or thicker insert?

Today Silas is 4 months. Here's a pic from today. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0611copy.jpg
    IMG_0611copy.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1
uh oh! So Caleb just figured out last night, at 14 weeks old, how to roll to his belly, and he's since done it every time I put him down. But it hasn't even been 24 hours since he first rolled to his belly and I'm watching him just now as he continues to roll back on to his back...! He's never rolled tummy-to-back before (mainly cos we don't do tummy time! lol) and it was all in the same direction too, so he's actually rolling along the floor! Sheesh boy, I'm gonna be running after you in no time flat!!!!

Not baby related---- So my hubbys favorite dog is a Yorkie. They are selling some puppies ready by valentines day. Draw back, as since they are registered, they are 800 dollars. I'll have the money when taxes come in... but should i save it? :S

Also, she said she'd consider a lower offer. What seems fair?

Kaydence has learned to laugh and squeel last week but tonight shes learned to make spit bubbles and to touch the keys on my phone...shes doing a little better with tummy time but still hates it

happy 4 months Silas you look v cute on pic :happydance:
ny-i'll have a look into amber necklaces i've heard really good things about them i'll let you know when i get somewhere. whats a 1st v day?
i've got a mothercare carseat and going to go in and ask them today whether to keep handle up or down cos i'm confuzzled ha
caleb- well done on being a roly poly :thumbup:
i use disposables and have had problems with leaks but recently with him getting bigger i haven't which is good considering he has diarrhea
phantom- thats a lovely idea about the dog have you discussed getting one or is it a suprise?

has anyones other half changed since baby? n not in a good way :growlmad:

Re the dog, I have no idea. I personally would save the money. Especially as taking care of a puppy and a baby will be very hard work right now.
I love Alanas amber necklace, I got it from a recommended site.
Go celeb with the rolling.
Alana rolled over again in her cot. At 4.40am I forgot to turn the monitor on and so I heard her cry at 6.07am and she had obviously got annoyed at me not coming to get her and had rolled over. She never rolls when I am watching, she moves on her side but not over to her tummy. I felt so bad about forgetting to switch on the monitor, but as my hubby said she was safe, but still I have no idea how long she was awake for before I heard her. :(
we were supposed to be going swimming today but I may skip it as it is so cold outside and she was cold in the pool last week.

Amber necklace is awsome but I would recomend the anklet for at night or in the carseat when u cant watch baby

I also would not get a dog right now... it's so much work and you already have a baby! We have three cats and our neighbors have dogs, and I'm constantly thinking, "I'm so glad we don't have a dog!" The cats are enough work as it is, and they practically take care of themselves...

Good idea about the necklace being an ankle bracelet too. I was wondering how I would be able to trust the necklace on him at times. Thx!

Acorn I can see your pic now. It was gone for me yesterday! Weird.

Yea I may need another insert? I. Gunna try th put a fleece liner in the diaper and see if that helps any. They already seem bulky enough! Des everyone using cloth use reusable wipes too?

Flyingduster- We have been giving Lauren tummy time for a while and she just cries...won't roll. We had her on her back last night and she kept rolling to her side and trying really hard to roll all the way over. After all of that work, it looks like she will probably just roll back to tummy first!

zb5- Adorable pic!!

Phantom- I personally wouldn't get a dog. WAY too much work :p

I don't use reusable wipes, I currently use cotton wool mainly or sensitive pamper wipes. The bulk of cloth nappies does annoy me. I am only hoping that as she gets bigger the ones I have fit well. I have so many different brands and it is driving me nuts now.

I use cloth wipes; sooooooooo much better than disposables! Only need one, very rarely with a huge explosion do I need a second one. And Caleb is full time in cloth nappies, so I might as well do the wipes too; they all then just get dumped in the bucket and washed together! :) I'm also using cloth breast pads now too. lol

The sized nappies are trimmer fitting than OSFA, and the AIO are trimmer than anything that has inserts too. But personally I don't care about a big butt! lol!!!

I'm using Kushies AIO reusable diapers and while we've had a few leaks it's usually more because the poop is blocking the opportunity for future peeing to absorb quickly. Thus, I have to be quick to notice a poopy diaper. I do throw in an extra insert though for added absaorbancy and better fit since the girls are on the low end of the weight. I don't use them overnight since the girls sleep for 12 hours plus. And yes I use reusuable wipes myself. Just can't decide if I prefer using them pre-miostened or using a spray bottle better. I keep flip-flopping.

My carseat (BabyTrend) has a sticker to say the handle should be down when using in the car. My old Graco one did too. I'm surprised that some day it's okay to leave up.. guess it's varied brand to brand.

And as for husbands changing I can't really comment since this isn't our first baby but I will not that my husband is very clear this time around about how busy he is and how stressed he is and how he needs to time to unwind etc. I think he feesl like if he doesn't do it he'll get forgotten about since everything is about me and the babies.

So last time I was at the doctor's office she recommended an extra shot that isn't covered by the province health coverage.. gave me a prescription and said that if I wanted to do it and it was covered by insurance then to bring it to the next appointment. I tried to get it today and had to go to 4 pharmacies only to be told that none of them carried it and none could order it for me.. the last one was able to confirm a different location did have it in stock and they were going to transfer it to them but I asked the price of the shot and she told me it was over $700!! each.. I have twins.. so that's over $1400!!! What??? Even with 90% coverage I'd be on the hook for $140-ish plus the $50 deductible since it's a new year and I read on the internet it was a 2 dose thing so I'd have to get another two vials a month fom now. And I also can't even remember if I have 90% or 80% coverage. What the heck was the doctor thinking? All to avoid stomach virus? Totally not worth it. DD1 had a stomach virus once, she barfed a lot and then it went away. I'll take my chances thanks!

That being said I'm excited to go to the doctor's thursday and see how the babies are doing.

Also today (it's still Tuesday for me since I haven't gone to sleep yet and that's how my brain thinks) was Libby's and Ashley 4 months! Yay!

Happy 4 months to the twins!! time is a flyin. What kinda wipes do you use?

Flying- i can't find any of Kian's clothes to fit with these huge diapers on. And he is already a pretty chunky baby so they're not helping! I really need his clothes to fit though so tis a bummer.

hippy i have different kinds of diapers and like one of each too. Im just learning which I actually like.....have you found your fave yet? You could just order a bunch of that kind.

I like swadlebees but she is still only 9lb 2oz and we only have two small ones that fit. All my birth to potty ones in all brands don't fit well yet. I like the small ittis but I'd find they can leak even with boosters. Mini lala is ok but still seem a little big. I am hoping when she is over 10lb things will get better. My tot bots tiny ones were good but only fit without a booster. I am just in process of selling them.
what about you?
Littlestars I haven't got a Kushie are they a good fit on a small baby?

I hve opposite issue, Kian is chunky chunky chunky! I only have a few dipes so far. BG AIO's are fine now that i've added another insert beyond the sewn in one...they're less bulky than the BG pockets I think. The pockets don't leak but dont seem to fit well.

I also have a Muttaqin fitted that works but the only diaper cover I have right now is SHIT! Was a no name ebay one and I hate it so waiting for a better cover.

Just received a GoGreen champ in the mail and am really excited to use it. Seems really solid.

Have an ebay cheapie one that I think has leaked 2 times...so will try upping the inserts in that one, dont have much hopes for it though.

So not sure what I like yet. Lol. My problem is im unwilling to spend lots of money on any!

I think it must be harder to cloth diaper with a small baby. They still pee about as much, so they need the same absorbancy as a bigger baby, but they've got a smaller body to put it on! It has gotten easier as Silas has gotten bigger.

We don't use cloth wipes, just the disposable wipes. But Silas has been pooping a lot less (usually once per day now), so we go through a lot less wipes now. I just use one wipe all around when I change a pee diaper and that's it.

Dr.'s appt in half an hour! I'm excited to hear his height and weight. A little nervous about the shots, since he's already tired today. Had a long day at daycare yesterday (he doesn't nap as well there, and he's a poor napper anyway). And then was up a lot in the night. I think he was cold. I'm trying him with one arm out of the swaddle so he can get used to not being swaddled, and it doesn't keep him as warm. So at 3am I was in there putting a hat on him, put a sock on his free hand so it wouldn't get cold, and put an extra blanket around him (taped with masking tape so it wouldn't get free). So we are both pretty tired this morning...

Do you have any sleep gowns? What temp did it say on your angel care? Ours is usually 69-70 and he is good. But we have him in a footie pj's and a long sleeved fleece sleep blanket too. And mitties if his hands are out.

Happy Four Months Silas, Kian and the Twins and Happy Three Months to Hippy's Little Girl! How lovely. All our babies are growing up too fast.

I'm nervous about the four months shots as well. I can still picture that horrible look on her face when they gave her the needles at her two month appointment.

My BG's are huge on Alana. My cloth crazy friend sold me 3 for £25 so I was really pleased but they were just a waste of money as they don't even go anywhere near her and everyone raves about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->