Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

Well, I have the absolute worst taste in v day date activities apparently. We went to see "the descendants", which is just incredibly sad and not romantic. (good movie though!) Then indian buffet for lunch. And I take my buffets seriously! So I was super full when we came home. Oh well, it was just really nice to go out together wo the baby, even if it wasn't romantic.

We did end up dtd. It hurt but also was good in the end. :shrug: I just don't know if it hurts because something is actually wrong or if it's normal post partum healing issues? I did have a second degree tear. I asked the midwife last time and she said it was normal, but I swear it looks weird down there. :wacko: seems like there is a whole range of normal in terms of healing from delivery though. It just seems like 4 months is a long time and I thought I'd be healed by now! Now I wonder if dtd will be back to normal by the time we want to ttc our next in a year or so... How depressing would it be to have to put off ttc because it still hurts down there?

I had a good valentinesday and 5 yr anniversary for me and oh....monday we went out to dimner just us two then yesterday I woke up to a huge teddybear chocolates and a card and to finish the night off dtd and put my iud to use lol. The only way it would b better is if I wasnt so sick...i got to get dome cleaning done while oh had the baby

well, DH and I exchanged cards and pigged out on chocolate last night. That was the extent of V day for us, we never make a big deal out of it though tbh. As for dtd..... still not done it! Havent since before I had Skye. I'm not really worried about doing it but we just dont get an opportunity, what with still bf, cosleeping with Skye and home edding the rest I am lucky to get a coffee and a quick catch up here let alone any romance, lol.
We still get our cuddles though and DH is greeat about it, he knows we will get it all back again!

Thanks ladies, sometimes I feel bad when I hear about women having sex again just a few weeks after delivery. I'm guessing those women didn't tear though, and if they are enjoying it then more power to them!

We started dtd more after I stopped bleeding from the iud. I had second degree tears and it sometimes hurts a little in the beginning, but then is fine. I was happy that we were starting to get back to normal and then I started spotting again yesterday! Nice timing, huh? I am seriously considering getting the iud out. Not just because of the bleeding. I am starting to have a change of heart about waiting to ttc again. We were going to wait at least a year, but now I am kind of thinking we should just let it happen when it happens. It's not like we are dtd a whole lot anyway. I don't know...I keep going back and forth. Anyone else?

We ended up dtd yesterday too. Wish we haven't cuz it started up the bleeding yet again and it hurt afterwards. I really just wanna give up on sex completely. Friggin sick of it! Stupid IUD...

I want another too, but we can't afford it just yet. We have to wait til the hospital bills for the first kid are paid off :haha:

flying duster- wow your hair and the cause i think you're fab :hugs:
i agree aswell what more would your oh want than a beautiful baby
shelleney- grrr you're other half :growlmad:
zb5- yeah glad not just me not at it
when i went for my 6 week check the dr recommended the iud with hormones and i thought well while you're down there ha. I really regret it tho and am going to ask for it out when they investigate the cyst. I'm sick of this spotting buisness

I hope some day I want sex again but its scary for some reaso? I think a lot is because i had a really bad c section and had a ton of scar tissue up there so now its all forming again and im terrified. I didn't DTD for a long time after my first daughter 7 years ago either. I am not really bothered by it...but the relationship can take a tole from it. I can tell, last night on our "romantic" night, we kind of seemed akward at dinner....and didn't have much to say and just didn't feel very lovey or connected. Then the end of the night we ended up in a fight and he slept on the couch. Nice huh.

I want another child but still don't think I can come to terms with a vertical c section scar (which is what i would need if I have a 3rd) :( so think this will be it. Pretty sad over it all.

On that note, Kian has been super fussy lately and i've had a really tough time with him from the get go so maybe its a sign that im not cut out for any more.

Sorry to everyoen who's V day wasn't so great, but I guess it really is just another day in paradise!

Since there r alot of us with an iud what one does every 1 have? I just got paragard on the 4th of feb and so far so good. I was on cd3 when they did it and spotted a few days extra but thats it. We have dtd since 7 weeks pp and I only had a 2 or 3 stitches. I was bf up untill 2 months and sometimes DD decided to wake up right before and things had to wait a few mins bit still managed

Since the twins were conceived through ICSI and IVF and 2 attempts at that DH and I seem to have decided not to use any birth control so far. We talked a bit about IUD but now I'm totally glad we didn't go that way. DH's sperm was tested at near vasectomy levels and I apparently don't ovulate regularly from PCOS and have dual blocked tubes along with being 35 now. While DD1 was conceived naturally after only two cycles, it's a really good bet we'll never get pregnant again and three children is more than enough for us. We're kinda playing with fire not using anything and we did have a joking conversation about what would we do if I got pregnant.. I answered "I guess I'll have another baby then" and DH responded "Guess then we'll be needing a 5 bedroom house instead of a 4 bedroom" to which I said "Aw shucks.. a bigger house, how horrible". I love that DH thinks the kids should all have their own bedroom and wants to upgrade from the 3 bedroom we have now because when we bought this house he told me that was it, we would live there forever. :o Not like he really has choice though when the military moves him. He's had a long run in this city and we are soooooo overdue for a posting, only 2 more years left of schooling and then we're fair game. Ekk!

Wow I'm kinda rambling. lol

Valentine's Day was a mess in the end. I had envisioned a clean house, food ready, clean clothing and make-up on. Instead DH got a messy house, a 20 minute wait on food, a wife covered in spit-up and no make-up. lol Dinner was delicious though but WAY TOO MUCH!! We're having leftovers tonight and chocolate fondue. We were so stuffed we never got to dessert. We watched pvr'ed tv shows and went to bed. So romantic. lol And we were going to have a date night/anniversary meal out on the weekend but my sister is coming to town and staying at my parents and so it's too much to expect my mom to babysit my three kids and have my sister, husband and DD also in the house so our plans are not happening anymore. Boo. Guess we'll be having take-out and renting a movie instead. And definitely no drinking, super boo!

I was really craving a frozen daquiri. :drunk:

Since there r alot of us with an iud what one does every 1 have?
I have the Mirena.
Inserted 8.5 weeks PP and bled for 8 weeks straight. Had a week off bleeding, then a 16 day "period". Had two days off, then dtd and now bleeding again. I'm about ready to throw in the towel tbh. It's almost 3 months of constant bleeding...:wacko:

Kater- thats crazy! Were u on a new cycle when u had it done? I wouldnt b able to do that. Maybe try the hormone free one- paragard- thats what I have and so far so good. Just makes me a little crampy

Aww, big hugs to the ladies who had a rubbish valentines day :hugs:

And also big hugs to those who are struggling with DTD, and/or their bleeding :hugs:

xx

I have Mirena as well. Bleed for 9 weeks, had 2-3 weeks of no bleeding and now I am spotting again. My midwife said we could try antibiotics first if it didn't stop. I guess if the uterus gets inflamed this can happen and sometime antibiotics stop that. She also said if that didn't work I could take the pill on top of Mirena for a few months because it can help regulate your periods and then the bleeding is better when you stop taking the pill. I didn't want to take the non hormone one because I had really bad cramping with periods before and it can make that worse. I just need to decide if I want to risk it and just go without any birth control. My husband and I can afford it and want more anyway, so it's not a huge deal if we did. We were just planning to wait at least a year before trying again.

Kater- thats crazy! Were u on a new cycle when u had it done? I wouldnt b able to do that. Maybe try the hormone free one- paragard- thats what I have and so far so good. Just makes me a little crampy

No, I hadn't started a period yet when it was inserted.
My periods made me super duper crampy before, I don't think I could add more cramps on top of it.

Nicole - My dr didn't believe me when I told her about the 8 weeks straight. She said it must of been on and off. She brushed me off when I told her it wasn't. Haven't talked to her since then, so I'm not going back until I want it out I think.

Still, 8 weeks on and off is a lot anyways. What a hoe. That sucks. Do you hafta take more iron then since you're bleeding so much?

Anyone's baby not rolling over? Im feeling like mine is a bit too lazy or something.?

I should prolly look into iron, huh. Haven't thought about it!

No rolling over here! Well, he did once, but that was a fluke. He tries so hard but he just can't figure it out.

I bled for 9 weeks straight, but it was like a very light period. Not heavy bleeding. How heavy is yours katerdid? never thought about iron...

No rolling here! Glad I'm not the only one! She just doesn't seem to have interest and when she is on her tummy she will just cry until we roll her to her back. I try to wait her out a little when she starts crying to see if she will get angry enough to roll, but she doesn't.

Mine has rolled a few times but definitely doesn't do it regularly. They say it is hardest for the big babies! And some never roll, but still learn to crawl fine and are perfectly normal.

My friend sent me this article that I thought was interesting, after I complained about my "down there " issues. :haha:

https://traffic.outbrain.com/networ...d=100&imgType=0&refPub=891&prs=false&scp=fals

I was considering the iud but went with the mini pill instead. Now I'm glad I did, the iud sounds annoying for a lot of people! Kater, that is a lot of bleeding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->