Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

LS, I know what you mean about wanting to wait, I remember how much hard work weaning was with my other boys, Skye was sooooo ready tho, she was literally trying to take food from my hand! lol

Welcome to the group Maggs :waves: I hope Jack lets you have a little more sleep soon!

Ugh Jen, I ber your shattered! How did alana sleep last night?

Katie, Skye got upset with the 2nd and 3rd needle, i hate seeing her hurting :( Shes been fine since, just a runny nose. How's your LO today? Skye can sit a little but not enough for me to say she can sit on her own, she sits great with support.

Adele - Happy Belated Birthday! I'd be upset it OH didnt get me anything for my birthday too, especially cause I make such an effort when it's his so no I dont think your overacting at all x

Ella is having a bad reaction poor thing. Fever, crying non stop, and a little welt with swelling where the needle went in. Poor girl. :( I feel awful for her.

Alana went down at 7pm, up at 12am until 1.30, then up at 2.30, 4.30 and 6 am.

I hope Skye is still doing ok.

Alana can sit well with support and can hold herself for a little while before tumbling. The other day she started to fall and jerked herself the other way and fell right over. I guess she is starting to figure out balance though and trying to correct herself.

Awww, poor Ella, My Ella (8 year old now) used to get those same reactions. i gave her medicine and lots of snuggles. Kian so far has had no reactions to either set of shots so he is lucky I guess.

Adele- im sorry your bf didnt give you anything....guess you better not fir his bday either!

We aren't sleeping very well over here either...guess im getting used to it as our normal.

kait- love the back carry pictures, looks like youi're getting good at it! How long is your wrap, what length do you suggest for a 5'1" 120 lbs frame? I was thinking of getting a wrap too, but not stretchy like the moby is....but of course, now I know all about SSC and feel i belong in that part of Thebabywearer forum, but am lost if I look into the wrap section! Its like starting all over. Lol.

We are snowed in today...and I didn't have power for over an hour. That was no fun, Kian was sleeping so I was super bored!

well ladies i think we all have a bit of the same problem, i dont know what was with kaydence last night but she did not want to sleep in her crib. she would fall asleep with me, i put her in her bed she slept for a half hour tops then wanted me to hold her. finally i got tired of getting up every 30 mins and put her in our bed where we both got 2 hrs sleep. now i think shes getting sick again eventhough she just got over it

kait- love the back carry pictures, looks like youi're getting good at it! How long is your wrap, what length do you suggest for a 5'1" 120 lbs frame? I was thinking of getting a wrap too, but not stretchy like the moby is....but of course, now I know all about SSC and feel i belong in that part of Thebabywearer forum, but am lost if I look into the wrap section! Its like starting all over. Lol.

My wrap is ridiculously long - 6 yards!! Way too long for a petite lady like ourselves (I'm 5'3" 120lbs). Next time I'd get a size 4 or 5. Not a 6!!
Aw, just start a thread in the wrap section and ask for help! They are so nice over there, I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions :)

Adele - I'd be pissed! My birthday is coming up on St. Patty's Day and DH knows better than to forget me. He usually forgets the whole card thing and just goes for gusto with a present and dinner plans. Usually his mom has us over one night and my mom has us over another so it's a whole thing. Does OH have plans to make up for his wrong-doing? Or is revenge in order? ;)

Neither of my girls can sit on their own but they are doing well with a tiny bit of help. Hopefully not much longer here, I think DD1 got it right around 5.5 months. Libby likes to stand from a sitting position with my just holding her fingers. Super cute! I want to get an activity table for them. They had really good ones at the consignment store I went to a few weeks ago for less than 50%. Might have to take a detour there soon.

I've decided to add in rice cereal to Libby's formula bottles rather than feeding from a spoon because then Ashley isn't jealous. (Yes they actually seem to get jealous of each other when one has a toy or gets picked up etc) Not sure yet if it's helping. Also trying to remember to sit her in her chair after a feed instead of popping her on the ground. Wasn't sure how much to add in though so I went with 1Tbsp/5oz formula Does that sound about right? Anyone? I was going to buy the thickened formula stuff but it's only made by one of the most expensive brands and since we're buying store brand we're out of luck, it's just not in the budget.

Thanks Kait- that helps to know what sizing means. I finally bought a SSC from FSOT on there and Kian doesn't seem to like it....:( boo, because I searched and researched long and hard for it and was pretty stoked.

Kian can't sit yet either....he tries, but is floppy. He still wont roll for pete's sake. Idk what to do with this little man!

Adele- I would be upset too! Happy belated birthday!

Lauren had her shots this morning. She cried, but not as bad as last time. I had to go to work after. My hubby said she was sleeping it off most of the afternoon. Can't wait to get home and give her some extra snuggles!

Kaydence hasnt rolled either but we do put her in tje highchair and give her the rice stuff and she loves it. We were told by her dr. its not advised to put it im the bottle so we have tried it on the spoon at 4 months and shes really good with it now.

Littlestars- if u lived closer I would give u 4 cans of the enfamil AR...we tried it for reflux ad it just upset my dd tummy

Caleb is right in the middle of developmental stages I've decided; he can roll to his tummy, but no further. As a result he gets stuck on his tummy ALL the time!! He also is waaaaay more active and alert, he really really wants to be mobile, but of course he isn't. And as a result, he's getting really pissed off about it. :doh:

"this too, shall pass"

I'm holding out till 6 months for solids. He'd eat if I let him right now; he tries to take food from me all the time and is utterly fascinated watching us eat. And anything he gets, goes straight in to his mouth for tasting. But food at this age (he's only just on 4 months now) is just a filler; their gut doesn't digest it much at all compared to the goodness they get from breast milk! So he is staying exclusively breast fed until at least 6 months. :)

katie-hope Ella is feeling better 2day
hope your little ones start to sleep better soon
ny-is snow any better?can you escape?
I'm giving milk for time being as he's happy at the mo
flying duster- Travis gets stuck2 n when i put him on tummy seems2forget he can flip back sounds just like Caleb

My boyfriends bday was the 20th Nov (Travis was born 21st Oct n i was in for 6 nights) and i got him things. He pays me money for bills n i said he could leave this month as Valentines (didnt get anything then),bday n mothers day so its not the money. I gave him some ideas for presents. So it really is that he just couldn't be bothered.
We hadn't been getting on well so arranged to get away for weekend of bday and his parents look after Travis well on the Tues they looked after him for an hour and he cried they said it was cos he missed me and they and boyf decided best if we didnt go case it happened when we were away. Yeah fair enough but my mum had him 3hours Thurs he was fine. We decided on meal Sat but that didn't happen either as he said rather stay in. So i'm rather pissed. Trying so hard put at back of mind but just feel like this is final straw.

Soz for moan just needed to get off cheast.
On the fab side i have an amazing boy who is no bother an absolute delight.
whats everyone up2 2day?

Adele- hugs. I would feel so mad too, couldn't even bother getting you anything and then wanted to stay in?!? What is his problem? Still tons of snow here! We are dug out though, not going many places.

i was kind of frustrated too, my bday was yesterday and OH got me some ridiculous gift. I can't even say what it was it was so ridiculous! Seriously bad. I actually complained about it to him because I was so shocked and he said he thought my baby carrier was my gift, I said "oops, thought it was Vday gift", and he said the Baby Bullet was Vday. Whatever. Either way, baby bullet for Vday is lame too. Can we say, so romantic? And plus, its like $50 and I spent $140 on him for Vday and surprised him with awesome concert tickets. Thats thoughtful, not stopping on the way home for a baby bullet which we would need anyways?!? Im sick of being so thoughtful for him and spending all my small amounts of money on his gifts and he sucks at gifts! For his birthday I bought him a $500 dollar out door kick ass grill....even if the baby carrier was my present which I love, it was $100 is all..

Oh well, he tries though really so I should stop the bitching, just had to vent! haha. He did amazing with my morning surprise though my favorite frozen coffee drink and bouquet of flowers was brought to me in bed. He actually woke for work early at 6 am so he could shower and go out and get things for me while I slept and he had to leave for work at 715 am. So that was super nice. He also brought me to dinner with the kids so had a good family evening. All he sucks at is gift giving, but not at the thoughts and the making me feel special so I can handle horrible gifts i guess! I just may not spend so much time and money on his gifts! Lets see what mother's day brings....im afraid...probably like house cleaning products or something. hahahahaa

Hope we are all having a good weekend and babies are doing well today! Mine is passed out on my right leg and im pretty sure it will need to be amputated for loss of blood flow with how asleep it is right now! Whats more important...a few minutes of sleeping baby or my right leg. I'll hafta think about that one.

Adele - that's really awful!! I would be so upset!

Luckily, my DH is really good at gift giving. He can be a pain in the arse about other things, but at least he's got that covered. For my birthday, on Monday, he bought me a beautiful frame for our wedding picture, some of my fav wine, a fancy corkscrew, and a sappy card! Then he took me out for dinner without the baby. He spent, maybe $40 but I'm glad he put more thought then money into it. Makes it all the more nicer.

It's been awful weather here lately. Last night it was sooo windy and there was thunder and lightening! Now it's snow.... :dohh: I want spring!!

*shameless spamming* hey guys, can you all pleeeeease go and vote for Caleb today here:
https://www.ohbaby.co.nz/community/baby-of-the-day/vote-for-today's-winner/
He's the second 'Caleb' there (ie the baby rather than the kid!) and it's only until midnight NZ (ie the next 10 hours) so please go vote for him!! We can win a $100 voucher, so totally worth it!!

Well ladies, am driving 7 hours today with 4.5 month old baby, and an 8 week puppy. Also my husband..... pray for me. LOL

Well ladies, am driving 7 hours today with 4.5 month old baby, and an 8 week puppy. Also my husband..... pray for me. LOL

Baby.. tough but doable, puppy.. might have an accident so frequent stops but again doable, husband... crap.. you're screwed!!! lol

*Big Wave*

Everytime I type out a post the babies end up waking from their naps and I delete only to never get a chance to start again. This time I figured I'd post while they are awake and theoretically happy.

I gave up on the rice in the bottle. Didn't really seem woth it. I'm thinking of trying to give a little cereal midday to help keep their bellies happy but I dunno.. still don't really want to be feeding solids yet. I did get one step closer though and bought some spoons. We'll see.

Anyway, I'd love to bable some more but DH unforutnately agreed to BIL coming over in a few hours and I have lots of tidying up to do. I'm a little OC about cleaning the house when people come over even if I don't like them. Doh!

We have tried food 2 times with Kian and I hated the outcome both times so we are just boobin it up still. He is 6 months so soon, and now im chickening out and not wanting to feed him anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->