Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

Hey all! It's been a while since I have been on! trying to catch up here :)

Lauren ate her first solids last weekend (avocado) and LOVED it. The ped recommended we go ahead because of reflux, but I really wanted to make my goal of 6 months. She will be 5 months next week. I finally decided to let go and I am glad I did. She was definitely ready! She actually licked her bib afterward, it was hilarious!!

Lauren has also started rolling back to front! We were pretty excited. I was starting to worry, even though I know it's normal and not all babies even roll. It's funny though because she still hates tummy time, but won't roll from tummy to back...so weird! Anyone else have that happen? She just tries to scoot on her tummy. She is a funny girl :)

FD - I live your picture!!! Those are some snazzy diapers :)

So much for the antibiotics I was giving DD1 last week. We went in to the doctor today to see if the infection was gone from her ear (I suspcted it wasn't since she said it still hurt but you never can trust what those kids say). Doctor told me it was a severe infection. Ekk! So she's taking more meds in hopes of it going away. I really hope there's been no damage to her hearing. This has me freaked. All because when she initially got an ear ache at Xmas the doctor (different one) said not to fill the prescription if the child seemed like she was getting better. She thought she was and didn't make any complaints again until a month later and then it was only for a day here and a day there.. If it weren't for her getting a seriously high fever 2 weeks ago we would haven't have even done anything. Makes me feel like such a poopy mom.

On the bright side, the twins are doing well. At least that's something.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, it's my birthday on Saturday and the weather is going to be insanely hot. 20 degrees celcius. Ah! I've got to do a pedicure ASAP. It's sandal season early this year.

Acorn, Caleb only rolls to his tummy too, then he gets pissy that he's stuck on his tummy!!! lol! Ahh well, I know it'll be short-lived in the long run though, so I'm making the most of the fact he otherwise stays in the area I put him!! lol

LittleStars- Don't feel bad, I am sure I would have done the same! I hope she gets to feeling better!

Flyingduster- Isn't that funny? And yes I am sure it is short lived, I need to get on the baby proofing!

Happy Birthday to me! lol

Had a great night last night (dinner out and drinking!), all 3 kids were at the grandparents. Yay! Couldn't sleep in this morning really though, guess I'm just used to waking at a certain time. Anyone else have that happen when the babies are away?

Happy Birthday Littlestars! :cake:

Sounds like you had a great night out - good for you!
Cant answer your question though - coz we have never spent a night away from Freya.
xx

Happy birthday!!! Glad you had some fun. I haven't ever been away from Kian but do find that if he sleeps through the night I still am waking up...so that sucks!

Fed Kian Potatos on his first St Patrick's Day! Seems fitting as he's pretty Irish. He loved them. Was cute.

Do you all introduce like one food per week or how does that work? I thought for allergic reactions or something that this was the way we were supposed to do it....

I have been doing one food a week, but I let her taste things along the way. This week was sweet potato week, but I let her taste my apple and banana too. You just want to be able to pin point what caused an allergy if they end up having one. I think the minimum they say is 4 days of one food.

Happy birthday Littlestars!! Glad you got out :)

Morning people. Today is my 2nd wedding anniversary. We agred however not to b presents as we had a weeks holiday last week and we are going out for a meal today.
Alana is waking loads at night at the moment. I think a tooth is about to crown and she seems to want to suckle loads.

as for food my child loves eating, I swear she opens her mouth when we eat now and tries to put our food in her mouth. She looked like a gold fish yesterday at meal times. So far her favourite foods are pumkin and butternut squash. I am currently giving her the organic baby foods to see what she likes before I start making things In bulk. My poor freezer won't know what to do between milk for the milk bank and her food I may as well give it over to baby.
Today I am going to give her some advacado and see what she thinks of it.

right time to get ready while she is napping, for another day of fun. I shall make the most of it as Wednesday Alana has her next lot of jabs which I am not looking forward to at all.

have fun people and keep smiling x

Hope the avocado goes well! Lauren absolutely loved it!

I did 3 sweet potatoes Friday and it made a TON of food. I'm excited to fill my freezer full of baby food :)

We had to get another deep freeze upright freezer for xmas due to the milk supply taking up space!!

I did potatoes last night again since we had left overs and then sent OH to the grocery store for some more that I can steam up tonight to keep consistency in feeding him the one thing this week. Im scared though to keep moving forward with foods...I think im not ready to feed him solids! Seems like no longer a baby....

I totally feel the same way! The ped recommended she start on solids and I knew she was ready, but I still waited two weeks after that because I wasn't ready, ha ha! She is loving it though. For now it's fun and hasn't become a chore :p I will be sad when solids start taking place of a feed. For now it's just a little evening snack.

Alana HATED advacado, it is the first food she spat out consistently and the clamped her mouth shut for. I went and got her something else and she ate happily. I am cutting out evening feeds and sticking to morning and mid afternoon feeds only. I want to make sure she is getting full up with milk which is easier for her to digest, although it is a double edged sword as milk makes her vomit food rarely makes her sick, unless I feed her milk soon after it.

Idk if its all in my head but I swear every time I try any solids Kian is soooooo fussy that I can barely survive. We are having the worst day ever. Who knows if its related but seems a coincidence.

So I was really excited about starting solids as the first few experiences with it, Cody absolutely went crazy over it. I made a froze a ton of baby food and then he decided he was having none of it :( So today I have to take out all this baby food and toss it. Gotta make more now, but instead of doing like.... 50 servings... maybe i'll only do a few at a time :p

Cody will be 23 weeks old this Thursday. I am so excited for him to 6 months ina few weeks but I'm a little sad too.

He doesn't sit unaided, and it seems most of your babies do? :( He can roll from tummy to back, but on his back he can only get to his side (either side) never a complete roll. He seems to be getting better by the day at reaching out and grabbing things, so it's really neat, but now I actually have to pay attention to what I put near him. :p

He doesn't really want me in the afternoons, it's all about dad because he's more fun than mom. But he loves his evening baths with me and I am still the best for cuddles, so.... at least I have something. I'm sorta jealous, all your babies seemed to be the most attached to you. I feel like I failed as a mom somewhere along the line.

Freya rolled for the first time ever today! Tummy to back! Hapy 5 months, Freya! :yipee:

xx

6 months old today!!!

https://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk294/katerdid225/6%20months/IMG_1720.jpg

Congrats Freya on the roll and Happy Half Year William!

Phantom - you're not a failure! I think it's good that your baby is well bonded to both parents. It's frustrating when they get a little older and you are literally the only one they want to be with.. flattering but very limiting as far as being able to get anything done, have time alone etc. And neither of my babies sit unaided, they require a tid bit of support or they'll topple over.

So the girls went in for a slightly belated 5 month appointment and finally got their first menengitis shot. Libby HATED it but Ashley seemed to handle it better. Defintely made them cranky for the remainder of the day though and they went to bed early. I'm hoping they'll be over it tomorrow.

The dotor really is encouraging me to start solids soon before the 6th month appointment but I don't want to quite yet. We'll see how much longer can hold out.

haha, Caleb loooooooves his daddy too! Oh sure he loves me, but he's with me allllll day long, and all night too, so daddy is always a novelty! He loves to chill out with his daddy, and he'll just fall asleep in his arms. If he's in my arms he wants bounced or rocked or fed to sleep, but daddy is good just being daddy! lol.

He's also not sitting unaided really. He can sit for ages playing his wee piano, but he's got the piano for balance. He can also sit up between my legs, but again my legs provide the balance. Totally and utterly unaided sitting in the middle of the floor is really just a slow topple to the ground if it's not an instant fall! lol.

He can roll back to tummy, but only in one direction and he can't get back again. He's only just started to push up against the floor with his hands these past few days, rather than 'flying' them out to the sides or just resting on his elbows. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->