• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

Got cluster feeding is exhausting. Just had Cullen attached to my boob constantly since 3pm!! Well actually hubby took him for 5 mins till I scoffed my tea!! Think we've hit the 6 week growth spurt a couple of days early. In saying that had him weighed today and he's 9lbs 12 ozs which means he put on 1 lb 2 ozs in 2 weeks. What's average weekly weight gain?

Tonight we're going to try and sleep in our bedroom - since Saturday I've been sleeping downstairs on sofa whilst LO is in his Moses basket due to him getting incredibly bunged up whilst sleeping in our bedroom. It makes it hard to sleep as he makes alot of noise whilst sleeping, it doesn't seem to bother him but I can't settle as I'm worried that he can't breathe properly. Anyways we've been and bought a humidifier so going to try that tonight and see if it helps any.

Hi all, things are going well here for LO although I have just been diagnosed with bronchitis AND sinus infection! No wonder my cough wouldn't go away! So I am on antibiotics and feeling v. sorry for myself... :cry:
Sophie is doing really well though, she sleeps in her own crib at night and me and DH are in her room at the moment - there's a big bed in there. He does the nappy changes at night and I feed her. Working well so far! We also have a humidifier in the room which I think helps a lot.
I've been expressing a little bit of milk here and there and now have 6 oz in the freezer, am wondering whether to put some in a bottle for DH to give her so I can sleep one of these nights. She is 6 weeks old today - if I wait longer, will she refuse the bottle? But if I give her the bottle, will she refuse the breast? It will be breast milk in the bottle, but I don't want her to get confused.
Hanging out with Sophie in the daytime is lovely - she has just started to smile and can lift her head a little. I was lucky enough to get some time off work so not worrying about that right now.
Oh she's waking up better go :flower:

I started Ella on a bottle at three weeks. We EBF and she's had no nipple confusion. I say go for it. It's nice to get a break!

Alana is only 4 weeks today and she will take breast and bottle. In fact she will drink the bottle my hubby gives her (late feed about 11pm) and then latch straight onto the breast. I struggle to express much milk and so she only has 2-3 oz in a bottle. She will also take formula as well she doesn't seem to care. We did however switch from breast flow bottles which she didn't like to mam ones which are the same as her dummy/pacifier as she finds this easier to feed from. I was worried she would find the bottles easy and not feed from me but actually she loves the breast and so it hasn't been an issue.

She only has one bottle a day and I'd like it to stay like this until I am due to go back to work in April and then I will slowly build up the number of bottles she has each day. I assume that by this stage I will be able to express enough to fill a bottle for her and not have to switch to formula full time.

Only just caught up with all the replies!!

Charlie is doing fab BF for 2 days for me I'm much happier with FF.... Sleep is going so good too good to be true it's gotta end soon?! Charlie has his bedtime feed around 9.30pm then sleeps until 5am another feed and sleeps again until 9am! Has pretty much been like that since day 1!! I feel very lucky saying that today has gone to pot he usually feeds every 4 hrs in the today but think he is hitting a growth spurt as he has been feeding every 3hrs today but still asleep now so need to wake him in a bit for his bedtime feed fingers crossed if all goes to plan he should sleep until 6am :)

Not DTD although OH keeps pestering me I said I couldn't do anything until my 6 week check he he!! Said I'm not allowed! But no excuses after next week! Lol!!

so ladies i have my 6 week check in just under 8 hours and rayden is wide awake lol, im gonna be shattered and look a right state by the time i go lol. will update when i get back in :flower:

Hope the check goes well & your not too tired xx

An acceptable weight gain is I think 0.5oz - 1oz a day, but more than that is common, it's really only if it's less than that that they are concerned. So 18 oz in 14 days is great! :)

:hi:

How are you all? Sorry to hear of all the LO's that are not feeling well, hope they're better soon :hugs:

I've had a funny day with Kayden, he's been happy & alert all day but didn't sleep at all from 1pm til around 9pm. during the day I put him in his moses basket in the living room, im normally there with other LO but he just doesn't like it. I might try putting him a seperate dark room at certain times each day as im sure he should be having at least a couple of naps a day!

My eldest LO has been a brilliant help today she was off school coz of the ice that was lying and she has been watching him on & off all day, putting his dummy in & speaking to him. Its been great, got loads of stuff done.

:flower:

I've never had any probs with giving Oscar ebm but I first tried him at 3 weeks. He doesnt have it often at the min but is happy to take a bottle.

Hope everyone has had a decent nights sleep. Oscar was fine but I slept badly worrying about his injections. Lol, I'm pathetic. I thought they were thurs but they are today at 1.30. Wish us both luck :-s, and if anyone has advice or tips please share xx

Yay Macie slept from 1:00am - 6:30am .... I really needed that sleep ... Thankyou little lady! Amazing what a good few hours sleep can do, i dont feel as much like a zombie!! Hope all your babies slept well x

omg its a struggle to get rayden to sleep for more then 3 hours lol and cos we are co-sleeping as he wont sleep in his own crib i dont get a comfy sleep as im always making sure hes ok and not too covered etc. well done to all the LOs who are learning that night time is bed time :)

Yay Macie slept from 1:00am - 6:30am .... I really needed that sleep ... Thankyou little lady! Amazing what a good few hours sleep can do, i dont feel as much like a zombie!! Hope all your babies slept well x

Well done Macie :happydance:

Skye slept from 10.30pm - 3.40am, I felt great when I got up to feed her, its the couples of hours sleep I got after she went back down that made me feel uuggh when the alarm went off :haha:

Shes being very demanding today, doesnt want to be put down and hasnt had more than a 10 minute nap in which time I ran to sort out some washing. I cant go out today as I'm waiting for a parcel to be collected so I'm a bit stuck on my own with an unsettled baby and not sure what to do with her :shrug:

Hope everyones well and having a good day x

I took Alana up for a bath at 6.45pm, put her in the cot while I got things together and she fell asleep straight away until 9pm. She then got up fed until 10.15pm and then slept through until 3.30am, went back down at 4.30am after a feed, she woke up an hour later soaking wet from vomit, after a change and quick snack she was out until 8.30am. I feel very blessed.

Shell n bump, Alana doesn't sleep much daytime, today I put her in a baby carrier for the first time and she fell asleep almost straight away.

She was weighed today and is now at 6lb 14oz so she has put 1oz on a day (8oz in total) and finally is past her birth weight, which is great news. I am much happier knowing she is putting weight on finally.

We had a really nice sleep last night. 9:30 until 3:30 then feed and back down until 6. One more feed and up at 7:30. I feel human again!

DH and I DTD last night. I had a second degree tear fully healed and the doc gave the go ahead. It hurt a bit and despite using lube and taking it slow I bled a bit. Did anyone else on their first time post baby? I felt like a virgin, ha!

11 till 6 here, and then woke up again at 8. boy was his diaper loaded though. lmao.

Katie-- I didn't bleed but i was pretty tender even with lube i had a third degree tear and dtd at a little under 8 weeks PP

Hello Ladies..... I remember you back when we were waiting :) Little miss Sophie Louise is now 5 weeks and is a little star. I'm breastfeeding and she's feeding and sleeping well. Busy packing as we're moving in 2 weeks time, nothing like doing it all at once.How are you all getting on?

Hello Ladies..... I remember you back when we were waiting :) Little miss Sophie Louise is now 5 weeks and is a little star. I'm breastfeeding and she's feeding and sleeping well. Busy packing as we're moving in 2 weeks time, nothing like doing it all at once.How are you all getting on?

Can you give me her birthday so i can add her to the list.

Also, ladies I put a birthday calender up on the front page, if your LO is not on there, it's because I don't have their name. xx

I took Alana up for a bath at 6.45pm, put her in the cot while I got things together and she fell asleep straight away until 9pm. She then got up fed until 10.15pm and then slept through until 3.30am, went back down at 4.30am after a feed, she woke up an hour later soaking wet from vomit, after a change and quick snack she was out until 8.30am. I feel very blessed.

Shell n bump, Alana doesn't sleep much daytime, today I put her in a baby carrier for the first time and she fell asleep almost straight away.

She was weighed today and is now at 6lb 14oz so she has put 1oz on a day (8oz in total) and finally is past her birth weight, which is great news. I am much happier knowing she is putting weight on finally.

Thanks hun, I might get a carrier and see if it helps. I took a walk to the school for a bit of fresh air, not been out or seen anyone all week so it cleared some cobwebs :haha:

Sounds like we're all getting a bit of sleep this week! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->