Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

Phan- think he'll be 7 months:) lol. I had to look at tha ta few times and was like huh? Cody is older than Kian?!?!

Yea, we set our cell phones out of his reach and that gets him to roll. The only thing that does. LOL. Lazy bones.

We worked out why Alana is hit and miss with bottles, if they aren't really hot she won't take them. Now if you make them hot she will guzzle away. Whoop, at least this makes it easier as only a few more weeks till I go back full time.

here is a wee video of Caleb from today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8IGF3IFcTE&feature=youtu.be

Awwww Caleb is such a cutie! So strong! Love the video. So sweet. Love hearing yours and DHs voice too!

Any other mums dealing with plagiocephaly? Ella has a flat spot from severe torticollis and we are now having to undergo helmet therapy for 6 months. She's been in physiotherapy and osteopathy for a few months which helped her neck significantly but too late for the flat spot unfortunately. Anyone else dealing with this too?

Aww look at Caleb the super star!!! He's doing so great. :)

Katie - not dealing with it but friend's of ours had to use the helmet for 6 months or so and his head looks great now and he has no memory of it. Didn't seem to slow him down an ounce. Hope you have good success with it.

So I've had a big of a crazy few days....

On Monday last week we went and did the pre-op tests at the hospital to prepare ourselves for a surgery date. They didn't have one on the Friday prior when they called to book us for monday but asked if we would take cancellations hence getting ready asap. Anyway, when we went in on Monday they informed us that Libby would be scheduled for Thursday later in the week. We had to make sure she didn't get sick prior to that point and fast her overnight and the morning of. We got to meet the surgeon and go through all the possible bad outcomes along with the obvious 'death' one. I was an emotional mess the rest of the week trying to spend time with Libby and get the house/family ready to function while she was in the hopsital recovering for 1-2 weeks. Thursday came and off Libby went to surgery. We had a private waiting room during the procedure and got regular updates. Finally we got word the she was in the ICU and ready to see us. Her face was swollen and she had tubes everywhere but I was just delighted to have my little girl back. They were able to tell us they already tested and she had not been paralysed and also that she was very unlikely to have a recurrance since they had to not only cut out the bad part of the arorta but they used some kind of patch with cow tissue to make sure that the new connection would have excellent flow. Over the next few hours Libby was a superhero, she got off the ventalator way sooner than they thought and was ripping out her lines in defiance. lol By the next morning she was off the feeding tube, the additional oxygen, the brain monitor and was trying to roll over. What a crazy girl! The ICU transferred her to a surgery rehab wing and she was there for two nights and after not even 4 days she was discharged because of her amazing recovery from heart surgery. So crazy! Everyone was shocked how awesome she did and we couldn't be more pleased. So Libby is now home and we have to be really careful of the incision area and all but she's eating and playing and napping on schedule and only on advil + tylenol for pain.

So yay!! That's my story.

I get to see my niece tomorrow. She's apparently sitting solid now and her two teeth are nearly fully erupted. So excited :)

Oh little stars such wonderful news! I'm so glad she did well and is back home. Give her kisses from all of us mamas. :hugs:

Yeah, for Libby, well done you too.
Katie sorry I have no experience of what you are going through.
All is well here apart from Alana having a stinking cold, so much snott it is untrue.

Great news on the bottle Hippy!

Caleb is so cute and looks like he is doing really well!

So glad Libby is recovering so well, that is awesome!!

Happy 7 months Libby and Ashley! so glad Libby recovered so well from her op! :)

xx

so glad Libby is home and well Little! Glad thats all over with. must be relieved

Katie- ive known of others goig through that, took a few months and was fine. Hop ehers gets sorted out fast.

Alana is six months today, can't believe I have managed to breast feed this long.

I know, time totally flies.
well last night I decided to go full on with alternative treatment on Alana as I need her to stop playing and sleep.
I cleansed her room with white sage,put a drop lavender oil in water near her radiator( not that it was on) put three quartz crystal under her mattress to ground her and removed her doll and mobile from her cot. She slept brilliantly and didn't get up until 7am. Not sure if it was removing the doll and mobile or the other stuff but I don't care what it was I managed to sleep, whoop.

Hippy - lol, I'm sure that removing the stuff had a lot to do with it but hey, who knows? Has she found her feet yet? Ashley likes to just lay in bed and eat her toes during her morning nap.. as long as she's quiet I don't really care. So glad Alana got a good sleep and you did too!

She loves her feet but she is in a sleep sack so can't get to them in bed. It was short lived she was up for 3 hours in the night last night...yawn.

Congrats on the 6 months breastfeeding, Hippy! that trully is an achievement! :thumbup:

xx

Happy Mother's Day! To the North American ladies at least, aww heck hope all the UK have a great day too! I know yours was in March.

Hope everyone had an awesome Mother's day in the US :) My husband and Lauren surprised me with a finger painting! He colored yogurt and let her paint with it while I was at work and took lots of pictures. Made me cry it was so sweet!

478840_10100673497447680_16907362_49938887_980316510_o.jpg

462612_10100673495751080_16907362_49938844_1591662939_o.jpg

546344_10100673513939630_16907362_49939028_619004709_n.jpg

Aww Acorn! what a lovely idea. and Lauren looks like she was enjoying it too! :)
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->