Sept, Oct & Nov 2011 Mummies and Babies

aww that painting is so cute!!!!!!! I got a card with Calebs hand print in it, so that'll be kept as a keepsake for sure! hehe.

Caleb, being a 'sack of spuds' on DHs shoulder on mothers day:
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_7210.jpg

What an adorable sack of spuds :) I seriously can not get over that hat! SO cute!

Does anyone else still swaddle at night? I feel like I shouldn't be, but Lauren will not sleep otherwise. We have tried several times to stop and it does not go well. We have gotten to only swaddling one arm at night, but that's the best we can do. She still does not roll (she has with encouragement, but won't otherwise), so I am not super concerned, but I feel like she should be growing out of it.

I wouldn't worry, she is just comfortable. Don't be in a hurry for rolling. I can't keep Alana in one spot now, she is crawling on all fours now, rolling backwards and forward constantly. Changing a nappy is a military operation and bath time has become a dangerous activity as she likes to scare me rolling over. We have bum up every time i put her to bed and self settling is taking longer as she just rolls and crawls round the cot.

Saying all this she is fun to watch although we now have to totally hide cables and make sure nobody leaves something hanging around as she goes to everything she shouldn't.
I too love Calebs hat, it is brilliant.

Don't worry too much about her 'growing out' of anything; she WILL grow out of everything eventually!!!! You don't see teenagers still needing swaddled at night! ;) I think that while she is still not rolling much (TOTALLY NORMAL!) then she is fine. Once she DOES start rolling about she'll actually start squirming her way out of the wrap herself! :)

Acorn - to each baby their own. If she likes it then yay for her! One of my girls likes to sleep on her belly and the other with her legs up in the air (man it looks weird). I wish I had got better use of my swaddling bags. Hopefully I'll have a niece or nephew to pass them on to soon enough.

Wow, Alana is a clever girl! so forward for her age! Well done Alana!
xx

Acorn, I would love to be swaddling still but Ella kept ending up face down and it scared me so we weaned her off it. I wish I still could though! SHe'll stop when she's ready.

So Ella got fitted for her helmet for her plagiocephaly. We just finished decorating and painting it. (It was stark white when we got it).

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7080/7218941430_05b91898fc.jpg

Yeah, I am most worried about slowly weaning her off before she starts getting really active. If we don't swaddle she wakes up a ton at night. Hopefully she will do better once we have no choice. I would like to move her to her own room, but I don't want to do that either until she is free of the swaddler. I know she can roll if she wants, so it freaks me out to have her swaddled when she isn't close

KatieKoopa- I love the decorating. That is super cute! How is she adjusting to having it on?

KatieKoopa - Awww.. you did such a wonderful job of decorating it. How's Ella doing with it on? Did they give you any idea how long she will have to wear it?

Katie that helmet is soooo cute. How did you decorate it?

I also cried mother's day morning. OH had a picture of me and my 2 children hand sketched and framed. Its so thoughtful and I started sobbing because he is not usually the most think ahead type of person. I love it!

Acorn- I don't swaddle, but never really did. I suppose it really should be weaned before she ends up on her stomach and can't get back over? Although, also not sure if she could roll over in the swaddle so it may not be an issue. Have you tried one of the sleep sacks with arms? That may still make her feel cozy. Its what we use, I don't use blankets in the bed.

Thanks guys. We're getting used to it one day at a time. She'll likely need it 4-6 months. Hopefully closer to 4 but we'll just have to wait and see. She actually doesn't mind it too much at all suprisingly! She's adjusting to it quite quickly.

NY, I did a post in my blog below about the process but basically its just paint (3 coats), decals for the name and stickers on the helmet, and modge podge sealant over the whole thing. It was really fun to do actually!

It is so cute. will it get too tight at any point? I would think in 4-6 months her head would grow....

We go once a month to have it adjusted to ensure its not causing too much pressure and to take out some foam to give it more room. But interestingly enough, that's actually how the process works. The helmet is a 'perfect shaped head' and her head is not. As she grows, her head will grow into the 'flat spots' and correct itself. Its called a 'passive helmet' and she basically just wears it until her head grows into it, into the correct shape. Crazy!

everyone asked the questions about Ella's helmet I was going to ask.

I love it, so cute. I guess at this age it will just become the norm for her.
Shellney thank you, she is quite bright but great fun.

Katie - I have a friend whose baby boy has been wearing his helmet for 4 months now. The difference is amazing! Good job on the decorating, Ella looks so cute!
xx

Yeah, unfortunately we have tried the sleep sack and that doesn't work for her. It's definitely the free arms that wake her up. We are doing one arm swaddled and moved her to her bedroom this weekend. She kept pulling her pacifier out wither her free hand and would play with it and not sleep. Finally I went in and put her pacifier in and then put in extra paci in her free hand and that worked, ha ha!

Ooh Acorn, thats a good idea! Freya stays awake for ages, playing with her dummy (pacifier). I may put one in her mouth, and then give her another to play with. Will let you know how it goes....
xx

So how is everyone getting on? I think we have just about cracked sleep regression (no doubt I shall regret that comment) she is still waking for one night feed but now it is around 3am, she still likes waking up early though. Currently 5.30am is wake up time of choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->