septate uterus

Hi there! sorry to hear it is giving you such trouble. When my body was rejecting it, it felt like labor (so the Dr tells me). It was full contractions with dilation and everyhting. SO not fun. I couldnt even walk and just cried and cried. Had to be on super dooper drugs so that I could stand it and I still felt it.
I think if you were rejecting it, you would know. You wouldn't be able to go to the mall unless you have a really high pain tolerance??
The scar on my uterus is at the top where the septum was resected. I can't 'feel' that, I had more pain from the endo work I had done at the same time... but I know it is very uncomfortable.
as for the catheter falling out- I didn't have anything like that, that sounds awful.
They told you to stick it back in?? jeez... I was told to not put ANYTHING up there (fingers included) so I wonder how you are supposed to do that...
Can you speak with your Dr??

and no it didnt hurt at all when they take it out. They release the fluid from the balloon and they pull it out. Easy peezy.

I called them, they said it is normal to be a bit sore or uncomfortable. The nurse said to push it back up if it falls down. I wash my hands first, then do it. I started bleeding blood rather then discharge. I think my cervix is irritated from the tube. It is not pain, it feels a bit like when you have a papsmear, I can feel my cervix is a little sensative/sore. it is so annoying. Can't wait till wednesday. How much estrogen are you on, and for how long?

I was on 2 pills daily, can't remember strength, for 30 days. The last 6 were with progesterone too.

OK. i am on estrogen for 40 days, twice a day. I was on antibiotics for 10 days too. Just finished my last one today. :)

When you had your balloon out was you sore? I had it out yesterday and I feel really sore and achey.?

Hi Mazzie! not sore no, just a HUGE relief. If it was coming down into your lady parts then chances are it just made it really irritated and raw... I would give it a couple of days and see if it doesnt improve.

I am feeling a lot better today, it was so nice to get it out. Just have to finish my estrogen pills and have a period, then a sono, then should be good. :) When do you have your op? I found it hurt a tiny bit pulling the balloon out and had some cramping but it was fine :)

Just wanted to let everyone know it is possible even with a septated uterus to conceive! I had a baby a little over a year ago at 32 weeks. I was mortified and was told that there was no reason for the prematurity. After changing Doctors to see the Doctors at the hospital my son was delivered at it was discovered that I have a septated uterus. Id be lying if I said I wasnt angry that they didnt catch this! We are currently trying for baby number 2 but I am scared to death because now I am afeaid of the results. Austin(my son) is now the healthiest baby I know so I suppose iv I am meant to have another I will.

Just wanted to let everyone know it is possible even with a septated uterus to conceive! I had a baby a little over a year ago at 32 weeks. I was mortified and was told that there was no reason for the prematurity. After changing Doctors to see the Doctors at the hospital my son was delivered at it was discovered that I have a septated uterus. Id be lying if I said I wasnt angry that they didnt catch this! We are currently trying for baby number 2 but I am scared to death because now I am afeaid of the results. Austin(my son) is now the healthiest baby I know so I suppose iv I am meant to have another I will.

I have heard that if you are able to conceive one then you should not have much trouble doing it again. My septate was where the babies wanted to implant every time. After having my septum removed I am having much better luck so far. I have never made it past 8 weeks, but I am now at 12 weeks and going for my appt today!!! Good luck with your second one. FX'd that you get your BFP quickly!!:dust:

I have heard that if you are able to conceive one then you should not have much trouble doing it again. My septate was where the babies wanted to implant every time. After having my septum removed I am having much better luck so far. I have never made it past 8 weeks, but I am now at 12 weeks and going for my appt today!!! Good luck with your second one. FX'd that you get your BFP quickly!!:dust:

congrats on your pregnancy!

i dont have a septate uterus but did have a scan yesterday and they could only see the same as on yours. i have another scan in 2 weeks to check for the heartbeat, but they assured me that it was normal at this stage of pregnancy to see what they saw so im sure all is fine for you - big hugs!

Hi all, my OB picked up on what he thought was either septate or bicornuate during a TV US. We have been TTC for 4 months so far, no MC this time yet unless they were very early and undetected. (I had a blighted ovum in 2001 in a prior relationship) I'm so glad this thread is here and there are so many encouraging stories! I have to wait for my next cycle to get an HSG, but I'm crossing my fingers that the next cycle is 9 months away!! If you're pregnant now, I'd love to hear how it's going! :happydance:

I just saw my drs today to ask for a referral as during my miscarriage of twins the sonographer thought I had a bicornuate uterus (a twin in each 'horn').

Its good to hear people's happy stories and have hope.

x

Hi girls,

I have a Bicornuate Uterus, currently 10 weeks pg and very nervous things will go wrong.

2nd tri loss is scaring me so much :cry:

xxx

Oh! Sbl! Christiana and I were looking for you on the other thread 'bicornuate and bleeding' - we were all wondering how your last scan went! So it went well!!!

Thats good news :) Fingers crossed for you x

yes it did go well but i ended up in hospital with dehydration so i've been missing for awhile.

I have another scan on the 19th so fingers crossed!

how are you doing?

xx

Hi all, my OB picked up on what he thought was either septate or bicornuate during a TV US. We have been TTC for 4 months so far, no MC this time yet unless they were very early and undetected. (I had a blighted ovum in 2001 in a prior relationship) I'm so glad this thread is here and there are so many encouraging stories! I have to wait for my next cycle to get an HSG, but I'm crossing my fingers that the next cycle is 9 months away!! If you're pregnant now, I'd love to hear how it's going! :happydance:

Hi Lilg! I was diagnosed with a septated uterus. They removed the septum last year. I started trying about 9 months later and fell pregnant within my second month of trying. Everything was going great with the pregnancy, until my 20 weeks appointment. I found out that my cervix was only 1 mm. I was taken to L&D,they checked me out and immediately and placed me on strict bed rest. They believe the cause of my short cervix was because of my surgery to remove the septum, but my regular ob's office didn't know that would cause a short cervix. I am still holding on, my last appointment which was at 21 weeks, my cervix grew from 1mm to 8-9 mm. Still very short, but improvement was all I cared about. I have my next appointment today, hopefully more good news will come my way.

Just a heads up to the ladies that do have surgery for a septated uterus, be sure to have the doctors start checking your cervix early and to keep checking it. If mine was caught early enough I could have had a cerclage placed in.

Why is your next cycle so far away?

Hi girls,

I have a Bicornuate Uterus, currently 10 weeks pg and very nervous things will go wrong.

2nd tri loss is scaring me so much :cry:

xxx

I am so sorry you are so scared! I didn't realize how much worry would go on with our kinds of pregnancies. Even after my surgery I was still so scared of miscarriage. Please keep your hopes up and know that God has a plan for us. Congratulations on your pregnancy :hugs:

Hi Lilg! I was diagnosed with a septated uterus. They removed the septum last year. I started trying about 9 months later and fell pregnant within my second month of trying. Everything was going great with the pregnancy, until my 20 weeks appointment. I found out that my cervix was only 1 mm. I was taken to L&D,they checked me out and immediately and placed me on strict bed rest. They believe the cause of my short cervix was because of my surgery to remove the septum, but my regular ob's office didn't know that would cause a short cervix. I am still holding on, my last appointment which was at 21 weeks, my cervix grew from 1mm to 8-9 mm. Still very short, but improvement was all I cared about. I have my next appointment today, hopefully more good news will come my way.

Just a heads up to the ladies that do have surgery for a septated uterus, be sure to have the doctors start checking your cervix early and to keep checking it. If mine was caught early enough I could have had a cerclage placed in.

Why is your next cycle so far away?

Thank you, Carri! How are things going now? I had my HSG today and sure enough, there was a septum, so surgery is in my future :sad1: I was only hoping my next cycle was 9 months...meaning a BFP, but it wasn't. It was 5 weeks (really long for me) with a BFN but now at least I have some answers. What was the surgery like for you? And the recovery? Also, you said you waited 9 months to start trying again, was that the recommendation? I'm already 34 so I'm ready to get on this quickly! I appreciate the advice about the cerclage, and I hope to hear yours has thickened and you're doing well! Please keep all of us special uteri updated on your progress, and best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->