septate uterus

I'm septate! On my fourth pregnancy - the other 3 implanted on the septum and didn't make it!
Each one was diagnosed as failed at early scan but yesterday I had an early scan and he found a gestation sac, yolk sc and 3mm embryo BELOW the septum not on it! Which is amazingly good news to me! Too early to see a heartbeat so I go back on the 10th to confirm viability.

Ive never met anyone else with a septate uterus! Would be nice to meet someone with the same kind of thing. To be honest I'm bricking-it about the second trimester after all I've read about.

Is anyone still on this thread?

i've known that i have subseptate uterus 5 years ago during a regular ob appointment in states. my doctor has told me all the risks i may have during pregnancy. i just found out that i am pregnant last week. being aware of my unusual condition i really hope i can meet with OB or midwife and have a scan asap. unfortunately, the closed appointment with midwife is early august and haven't heard from the OB yet. not able to have clear information actually makes me nerves. so i can only turn to internet and thank god i find this forum and knowing there are others in the same boat.

Hi

I too have a septate and PCOS and am now due to start IVF next month. Iam so concerned about the risks with the Septate and am thinking of having it removed if the first ivf fails ( as I believe the septate could be the reason for the fail) Anyone been given any advice on removing? Probably wouldn't be thinking that way if I could conceive without Ivf but due to PCOS and partner Low sperm count & morphology we can't. Any advice would be brilliant.

Thanks

Not sure if this thread is still active. I found out yesterday, at a 7w ultrasound, that I have a septate uterus. They don't know if it's complete or partial. They said they might not be able to see it on an ultrasound if it's too thin. This is my second pregnancy. The other one ended in a mis-miscarriage at 12 weeks (baby mesured 9-9.5). We saw a heartbeat at 120 yesterday and we mesured just right. And it is implanted on the right (bigger) side. I am still worried though. Is there any chance to have an healthy pregnancy? I sure hope so. The midwifes are pretty optimistic but I don't know if they say that just to make me feel better.
I'm going again in 3 weeks for my peace of mind. Finger crossed that the little heart is still beating!

Hi katherinak

Don't fret, it seems lots of peeps who have septates go on to have healthy pregnancies. There is a high risk with this condition so do take it easy. I too have a septate but also need ivf due to other factors. When my eggs were collected I hyperstimulated and so all was froze. Before going forward I asked for mine to be removed and was told basically no I won't cause a problem so I'm now for frozen transfer end of Sept. I do know if it fails I will have mine removed if possible (cause some can't) before any more ivf go's. Mine can be saw on ultrasound. Good luck, be aware but do try not to worry. X

Thanks Mistyj. I hope ivf turns out to a BFP for you! Good luck!!
As for me, I try not to think about it too much and I take it easy. The funny thing, seems like my midwifes don't think it's too high risk since they didn't transfer me to the doctor office (which they do with high risk). Who knows. One way or the other, there is not much I can do about it other than wait a see... while keeping my fingers, toes, legs and arms crossed :)
Take care and GL!

katherinak, not all septates are a cause for concern. The most important part is that your baby and doing well! The main problem a septate causes is because the zygote tries to implant on the septatum, which is just tissue and has no blood supply and therefore can not get the nutrients it needs to survive. It's possible this is what happened to your first one.

I had a mmc last year and found out it was due to a uterine septum, my baby only measured 5 wks at 8 wks. After the D&C, I had an MRI and found that my septum extended the full length of my uterus, therefore, my doctor advised to have it removed because the chances of the zygote trying to implant on it again was high. When I was going through this last year, I read everything possible and discovered that many women do have successful pregnancies with a uterine septum. There is a higher chance of early labor, but you can cross that boat when you get there.

For now, everything is fine and you should rejoice! Congrats.

Thanks starrbabes, that makes me feel better. Based on the ultrasound, it didn't seem to go all the way but they said sometime it's impossible to see on ultrasound. That's why I don't really know. I'll try to stay positive and hope everything is fine.
Thanks again. GL to you!

Hi

I too have a septate and PCOS and am now due to start IVF next month. Iam so concerned about the risks with the Septate and am thinking of having it removed if the first ivf fails ( as I believe the septate could be the reason for the fail) Anyone been given any advice on removing? Probably wouldn't be thinking that way if I could conceive without Ivf but due to PCOS and partner Low sperm count & morphology we can't. Any advice would be brilliant.

Thanks

I started this thread years ago. Since then I had suffered threw two more miscarriages. The doctors office that I went to had a doctor there that has removed a lot of uterine septums. He told me that there is a huge increase of chance that I my next pregnancy will be a viable one. That was music to my ears. Earlier this year he removed mine and put in an IUD until I was ready to start trying. I had the IUD removed earlier this month since we are now ready :yipee: My doctor said if I am not pregnant within 4 months then we will reasses what is going on and possibly start some kind of medication. Did you ever get the surgery?

Hi curri tuck! I had my septum removed 3.5 weeks ago and my re found a LOT of endo (stage3) and wants us to be aggressive about ttc since that is a big fertility issue. I have an hsg when my period starts ( hopefully soon) im on metformin now and then we can try naturally in December. Then we move onto IUI and fertility injections if no luck.
Have you tried this month already? I hope you will get pg soon too!

:dust:
Hi curri tuck! I had my septum removed 3.5 weeks ago and my re found a LOT of endo (stage3) and wants us to be aggressive about ttc since that is a big fertility issue. I have an hsg when my period starts ( hopefully soon) im on metformin now and then we can try naturally in December. Then we move onto IUI and fertility injections if no luck.
Have you tried this month already? I hope you will get pg soon too!

We have tried... now I am in the dreaded tww. I am a little pessimistic about it since I just had my IUD removed a couple weeks ago. I o'd 5 days after it was removed. I am not sure it that is to soon, but we will see. I would love to get a :bfp: AF is suppose to happen this coming weekend. Every little cramp and twinge I am thinking maybe this is it. I am ss like crazy and it is driving me crazy!!
I am sorry for your troubles!! I had a hsg done 3-4 years ago. It is so nerve wrecking waiting on the test and then waiting on the results. Hopefully you will hear all good news from the hsg. Please keep me posted on how it goes!!
Here's to hoping that December will be our month :dust:

Well good luck! Since I don't have a 2WW this month, Ill put my energy into hoping for yours! :)
Honestly, the 2WW is exhausting. I drive myself NUTS symptom spotting and analyzing (then second guessing) every twinge and feeling... it really is hard on a girl. I found keeping busy helps the best... can you dive into Xmas shopping? get that out of the way?
GL!!! any major symptoms?? SS is kind of fun when it's not doing your head in...

hi i have a septated uterus too. its comforting to know that i am not alone and there are others in my boat with this condition.

my first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 10 weeks and then i got pregnant with my daughter right away and had to have a c section because she was breech with no room to turn. i am now pregnant again and hoping that the little bean implanted in the right spot!

good luck to all of you :)

hi i have a septated uterus too. its comforting to know that i am not alone and there are others in my boat with this condition.

my first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 10 weeks and then i got pregnant with my daughter right away and had to have a c section because she was breech with no room to turn. i am now pregnant again and hoping that the little bean implanted in the right spot!

Good luck to you as well Stellababy!! My fingers are crossed that your little bean did implant in the right spot!

I suffered through 4 miscarriages with my septum (it was a partial septate). The doctor said that with all of the losses it was better for me to have it removed. I have never carried past 8 weeks. Now fingers crossed I will be able to have a little one!

thank you Curri! 4mcs must be such a tough thing to go through, at least now its removed and you never have to worry about it ever again...
when are you testing for BFP?

Horray for your bean! I also hope the implantation is in the right spot, I sure wish there was a way to tell! I said that to my RE the other day and he was like "you and me both"

I only had one mc like you and I just got the septate out as fast as I could- I didn' think I could bear going through it again. (wow Currituck, 4!?! How dreadful for you... I'm very sorry to hear that) :(

But it looks like you can obviously still have children in spite of it- horray!
Good luck and congratulations!

thank you Curri! 4mcs must be such a tough thing to go through, at least now its removed and you never have to worry about it ever again...
when are you testing for BFP?

I am trying to hold out until this weekend. That is when AF is due and I want to wait until then, that is if I have the willpower to wait. The only sign that I do not have it sore bbs. I had that everytime I was pg before so I am a little discouraged, but still hopeful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->