September 2012 (ish) mummies

I've missed talking to you all :) really miss being in all the trimester threads :) Esmee is 6 months on the 14th its gone so quick :) She wakes up once through the night so not too bad!! I hope all your LO are well :) When is everyone having their next babies? xx

I've missed you! No more babies for me sadly :( its gone way too fast already at the half year mark.. I'm actually thinking about going back to work already although its 6 months away lol hope your doing well xx

We started weaning just over a week ago (5 months). Started with just baby rice for the first week but she has been a bit constipated so the last few days we have switched to veg or fruit purees. She has had swede puree, pear puree and today pear and prune (mixed) puree to help get the bowels moving!

I liked the idea of BLW but the thought of her choking put me off, i'm too much of a wimp! I would like to try her on finger foods once she is 6 months though in addition to purees.

^ I was like that as well. I went to an nct weaning class today and feel so much better about it. There should be a local weaning session at your sure start centre which will help. You can always buy those mesh net type things that you put food in and baby sucks.

We gave T a piece of banana today! He put it in his mouth and sucked on a little bit and then mushed the rest up! Must of only eaten a pea size amount!

We are just sticking to mushy foods to start, steamed carrot, broccoli, avacado, banana for now. not sure if we will give him stuff everyday yet.

Jacob has been weaning since just after New Years, I started in baby rice and slowly introduce different things, I cook and purée veg for him and freeze it in portion size pots. He's getting in really well with it, so far he has tried- potato, sweet potato, broccoli (which he hates), carrots, parsnip, butternut squash, swede, courgette, banana, pear, apple (he also hates) plum and peach (hates these 2 too) lol

Hey all, I had B on Sept 21st. She rolls back to belly and manages to wriggle/roll herself around the room but pretty lazy with physical development. But boy does she make up for that with her vocalness! She doesn't stop talking and recently her favourite thing is squealing.
Oh, and she loves bouncing! Thank god for the door bouncer as my arms cannot take much more lol.
Edit, and we started weaning at just over 4 months. She seems to like most foods but her fave so far is potato + carrot. Guess that is partly due to me being vegetarian, meat is a new flavour for her. :)

Anyone still EBF (no solids)? How often are your babies nursing now?

I EBF till January. Jacob was just over 5 months (22w) he was feeding pretty much perminently. Some tunes they require you start to wean prem babies early, sometimes they suggest later, I was told it was ok to start Jacob at 22w.

I started originally with just I tsp of baby rice mixed with expressed milk at 6om everyday just to give me a slight break, I then increased the quantity and feeds per day. He is currently 29w, usually sleeps through the night (7:30pm - 7am) if bot he is breast fed durin those hours, he also has 3 meals a day and breast milk as follows....

8am - baby porridge mixed with 1/2 a banana and water, followed by bf
10:30/11am - bf
1pm - puréed veg, followed by bf
3/4 - bf
6pm - puréed veg, followed by puréed fruit
7:30 - bf with story to go to sleep

I don't exactly stick to this, it's just rough guidelines so I know where I am lol, it seems to work well for us and obviously Jacob is now nearly 7 calendar months old.

A little photo update for everyone hehe :)

Attachments

• 480212_494693493901345_1143703691_n.jpg
    480212_494693493901345_1143703691_n.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 528340_494693170568044_553081516_n.jpg
    528340_494693170568044_553081516_n.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 13137_494693197234708_2133824702_n.jpg
    13137_494693197234708_2133824702_n.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 207229_494693243901370_255041602_n.jpg
    207229_494693243901370_255041602_n.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 33952_494693267234701_427153333_n.jpg
    33952_494693267234701_427153333_n.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 5
When is everyone having their next babies? xx

I'm already pregnant! With Macie and Heidi only having a year between them as it is, it was definitely a huge shock.

We started Heidi on baby rice and veg puree this week and she seems to have liked most things we've given her. So far, so good!

Alex - Those photos are lovely. Lara is beautiful!

Weaning really isn't working for us so far! We've been having a go for a couple of weeks. She plays with it in her mouth and then sits it out, she just isn't interested! And from her learning to spit out food, she can also now spit out her Ranitidine!:dohh:

Has anyone else here also been diagnosed with PND? I've only recently been diagnosed, but it's been going on for much longer. I just didn't want to admit it.

I'm already pregnant! With Macie and Heidi only having a year between them as it is, it was definitely a huge shock.

We started Heidi on baby rice and veg puree this week and she seems to have liked most things we've given her. So far, so good!

Congratulations! When are you due?

Omg congratulations hunny that's fab news, I'd love another, thinking of starting ttc at the end of may

Weaning really isn't working for us so far! We've been having a go for a couple of weeks. She plays with it in her mouth and then sits it out, she just isn't interested! And from her learning to spit out food, she can also now spit out her Ranitidine!:dohh:

Has anyone else here also been diagnosed with PND? I've only recently been diagnosed, but it's been going on for much longer. I just didn't want to admit it.

Sorry you're suffering PND, my sis had this with her first baby, she didn't want to admit it either. How are you doing? X x

Weaning is not working well here either. We've tried several foods and LO seems to hate all of them so far. He makes disgusted faces and wants nothing more to do with them. I know it may take some exposure, though!

I'm sorry about your PND :hugs: I hope it helps to have a formal diagnosis and get some treatment!

Alex, Lara is such a cute pie!! She has such pretty eyes!

Ooh massive congratulations Kathryn!
I won't be ttc until I finish uni. Start Sept this year and it's a 2 year course. I need to get a job after it as ideally we need a bigger house for a 4th child.

LC, I had bad undiagnosed PND with DS. I was closely looked after with DD1 and with B I went straight back on the anti depressants the day after she was born. It's nothing you have done wrong, it's all about chemicals in the brain being a bit 'off'.
If you need to talk or have any questions I am all ears. :hugs:

Alexis- LOVE those pics!

Kathryn- huge congrats! :happydance:

As for weaning, I will start introducing purees to LO in a few weeks. She can't sit unaided yet though. Any of your LOs not sitting yet but have already had solids?

Haha, i dont know! Been enjoying my little one!! Missed you guys!! your little ones must b so big! My little girl isnt little anymore!

Wooooww - congratulations to those of you who are expecting!!

Sapphire how are things!? You enjoying being a mum? Time goes so slow when you're pregnant then when baby is here it just fliiieeeeeees by!

Congratulations! When are you due?

Omg congratulations hunny that's fab news, I'd love another, thinking of starting ttc at the end of may

Ooh massive congratulations Kathryn!
I won't be ttc until I finish uni. Start Sept this year and it's a 2 year course. I need to get a job after it as ideally we need a bigger house for a 4th child.

Kathryn- huge congrats! :happydance:

Thankyou!
Early September. X

Haha, i dont know! Been enjoying my little one!! Missed you guys!! your little ones must b so big! My little girl isnt little anymore!

Wooooww - congratulations to those of you who are expecting!!

Sapphire how are things!? You enjoying being a mum? Time goes so slow when you're pregnant then when baby is here it just fliiieeeeeees by!

True, pregnancy was draaaagging... And now, our LOs are almost six months old! Motherhood is such a roller coster ride, what an incredible experience. :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->