September 2012 (ish) mummies

Still no news on Jacobs head scan, but Birmingham have sent us a letter regarding his heart investigations saying that Jacob has Mild Left ventricular hypertrophy and Mild supravalvar pulmonary stenosis, also the test he has had done rule out most the causes of cardiomyopathy but given that my dh has HoCM and the echo findings, Jacob may have mild HoCM (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy). He's got another heart scan at the end of June and they want to do another 24hr monitor later this year too.

Poor Jacob. You both seem to cope with everything so well though, I honestly don't know how I'd manage if it were me!

How's the swelling/peeling doing? X

Thanks, it's amazing how you just get in with it I never thought I'd manage if we had any problems etc, I suppose it helps that Jacob is such a good baby and obviously losing 3 before him it just makes us deal with everything easier, cu we're so grateful to have him (not that I think anyone on this forum is ungrateful of their children btw).

The swelling has completely gone now and the peeling has pretty much finished too, I'm so happy tbh I was feeling so sort for him and guilty in myself even though I knew I did what I could to protect him. I took him for a walk to the park yesterday and he played on a swing for the first time too. :)

I know what you mean. It's surprising how much you can do when you have children. Make the most of it too, they grow up far too quickly!

That's lovely! Glad to hear the swelling has gone. Hope Jacob enjoyed his first time on the swing too! X

He is one tough cookie that J! Must get it from his mummy and daddy. :)

Thank ladies,

Here's a pik of him I took on Tuesday when we went to the park for the first time. X

https://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/salbob87/null-3.jpg

Lara's turning 8 months this week!

Attachments

• 942154_519951578042203_2021428028_n.jpg
    942154_519951578042203_2021428028_n.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 3
Sproglett - Bless him, what a beautiful photo! Looks like he certainly enjoyed himself!
Alexis - Lara is gorgeous! X

Totally agree with Kathryn- both Jacob and Lara are little stunners! And so is Heidi!

Thanks

I had a phone call on my house phone yesterday morning from the hospital; they asked us if there is a time of day jacob has a good nap as they want to do his CT scan without sedating him, and asked us to take Jacob up.
Jacob was quite tired but I had to keep him awake in the car so he's sleep at the hospital, we got to the hospital, went and spoke to the radiology dr (Katie) and then tried to get Jacob to fall asleep; we first took him a walk inside the hospital but that didn't work as the corridors are smooth, next we took him for a walk around the carpark, where he fell asleep until a gust of wind blew into the pushchair and woke him, so we walked around te carpark again and got him back to sleep, we went back into the hospital and got in te lift where the lift voice woke him up. Knowing that this was then going to be harder than we ford thought we decided to go back to the waiting room (being a Saturday there was no one there) and put lullabies on on Mikey's phone, and face the pushchair towards a dark corridor, he was just about to drop off when te loudest nurse in the history of time came out and turned the lights on and asked us if we were waitin for someone to which I responded that we were TRYING to get our baby to sleep so he didn't have to be sedated for his scan, this obviously woke Jacob up again, I tried cuddles I tried rocking I tried pretty much anything. We then went to speak to Katie again who turned the light of in a tiny side waiting room where we put the lullabies back on and faced Jacob to the wall an left him to his own devices, 10 mins later he was fast asleep, so we took him in for his scan, got him on the bed and then Katie strapped him to the bed and he stayed fast asleep for the whole scan, also I stayed I the room with him the whole time. So long story short he's now had his scan and we have just got to wait for a consultation to be rearranged :) woo hoo.

Oh my, I would have gone mental at that nurse... :trouble: I'm so glad to hear that he could have his scan without being sedated at last. Fingers crossed for good news now.

Glad Jacob could have his scan without being sedated. I bet you could've killed that nurse though! Hopefully all is good news. X

Thanks ladies, follow up appointment is 15th may, and defo could have kille the nurse, silly mare lol :) x

It seems to be quite a common thing with nurses and children actually. When my son was in hospital, there was plenty of nurses like that. However, at nearly 7, Luke had plenty to say about it himself. X

Lol, bless him. I just don't get their logic, mind u I suppose seeing some people random ally down a dark corridor looks a bit suspicious, x

I suppose so! Hope all goes well at Jacob's follow up appointment. X

Consultation is tomorrow, will let you know how it goes, thanks or all the support. X

Jacob has had his consultation, he hasn't got hydrocephalus which is great, he does have fluid around his brain but it is not in the ventricles (benign macrocephaly) which causes the enlarging of his head, which will sort it's self out over time :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->