• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

September 2012 (ish) mummies

Big :hugs: to you too Sproglett, it sounds like Jacob is keeping you on your toes too. These babies are right little monkeys aren't they!! :)

My friends baby boy also has an undescended testicle. Am I right in remembering that the potential issues with his heart are genetic from your OH? It must be really worrying for you guys. Will they be monitoring him for long?

loves_cookies- I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. :hugs: Hopefully, the doctors can help. At least you know what's causing the hives. As far as washing clothes is concerned- would it be an option not to dress Amelie when you're at home during the day?

Sproglet- fingers crossed for Jacob's upcoming appointments. :hugs:

Big :hugs: to you too Sproglett, it sounds like Jacob is keeping you on your toes too. These babies are right little monkeys aren't they!! :)

My friends baby boy also has an undescended testicle. Am I right in remembering that the potential issues with his heart are genetic from your OH? It must be really worrying for you guys. Will they be monitoring him for long?

Thanks hunny. Yeah my DH has heart disease, Jacobs wall is thickened, but they haven't diagnosed anything, he also has a pinched artery which they are monitoring.

Well, one appointment down, one to go, Jacob had his heart scan yesterday and his ECG, the registra that did his scan was really nice, he was making funny noises at Jacob to entertain him and Jacob was holding his wrist while he did the scan. By the end of the scan, the registra showed us on the screen Jacobs thickened heart wall but said that at the moment Jacob's blood is flowing through it fine so they won't need to do anything for the time being and booked another scan for June.
BUT when I asked if Jacob's thickened wall was better, worse or the same as last time he seemed to avoid answering me, he just said on the last scan it was thicker and on this scan it is thicker and as for the the pinch in his aorta, he just said that they don't need to do anything at the moment. He said he will send us our letter in the post and that he needed to look over the other scans, usually we are told if its better, worse or the same so I feel a bit fobbed off, obviously it is good they don't need to operate etc at the moment, but it would have been nice to know if it looks like that is in his near future or not.

Next appointment is Friday for his head. X x

Sorry you didn't get clear answers, but I'm glad he is ok at the moment. Hope you get some better answers next time.

Sending happy vibes <3

I'm so excited to be done this semester! First semester of university, so far I have an 83% and a 98% in my two courses, final exam on the 22nd. University with a newborn is not what I expected haha. Then I have a month off with my little hellion then back to work.

Anyone else back to work already? It's normal in Canada to wait until they're a year old but financially I have to work all summer..

Those are awesome scores Alex especially with a baby in tow! I can barely remember what day of the week it is let alone learn!

Sproglett, sorry to hear you feel fobbed off by it all, I'm glad that they don't need to do anything at the moment. Good luck for tomorrow's appointment, hope everything goes well.

Thanks ladies... Well today has been interesting, Jacob has been for his second hospital appointment of the week and his consultant wants him to have a CT scan on his head to check for hydrocephalus, his measurements now are... Head (46.2cm) 98th centile, length (62.2cm) below 0.4th centile and weight (16lbs 12oz / 7.6kg) 25th centile; I'm now awaiting the scan appointment through the post, the scary part is he has to be sedated for the scan as obviously they need him to be still. :-(

Not a clue yet, waiting for the appointment x

Have you heard anything about Jacob's scan appointment yet, Sproglett? X

Nothing as of yet hun, still waiting.

On another note I feel like the worst mother in the history of time right now... on Tuesday my mom and I were doing gardening at her house so obviously Jacob was outside with us, well the morning wasn't too warm so he had a fleece blanket, then as it warmed up and te sun came out I ensured he was kept in the shade where it felt quite cool, I had goose pimples lol. Anyway 1 o'clock we went inside for lunch and went back out at 2 ish, again Jacob went in the shade where there was a cool breeze and I stil had goose pimples, a then applied sun cream to him - the hottest it got was 16 degrees in the sun. Well he looked ever so slightly pink in the face on Tuesday night, so I plastered him in double base cream which is his eczema cream as its a brilliant moisturiser, yesterday morning my dh brought Jacob in to me and it was still dark but looking at him he just didn't seem himself so I turned on the light and his face was excessively swollen to the extent he couldn't even open his eyes, I called the out of hours doctors and they advised us to go to a&e. I checked Jacobs temperature and put a cool damp muslin over his face while I got ready. Our visit up a&e confirmed my son has sunburn from sitting in the shade with sun cream on :-( - the hispital were fine with me and said botto worry it happens but it made me feel no better, tey told me i'd done the right things including taking him to get checked. he now has blisters on his cheeks and forehead (only one is big the others are like pin pricks) but he's having children's nurofen to reduce the swelling and his double base to keep his skin moisturised. Even this morning he woke up unable to open his eyes :-( but he's fine in himself, I just feel like the worlds worst mother ever, I thought I was doing everything right and now my little boy is suffering :-( it's just not fair for him, it looks so sore. :-(

Oh, Sproglett... :hugs: I can imagine how this must upset you, but you've done nothing wrong.

I honestly was so scared of taking him to a&e, as before when we took him when he was much younger and was not eating they wanted to keep him over night to monitor his heart and breathing even though that wasn't what we were there for and when we said his heart and breathing are always like that they told us that if we left the hospital we would be done for neglect. Tbh when we went to the ward they were disgusted that a&e had threatened us, but then taking him with something SUV as sunburn was so intimidating, luckily the staff this time were really supportive x

Ih Sproglett, poor little J. Honestly you did all you could, it's not your fault. They need a bit of sun (vit D) and you put cream on and had him in the shade.
Glad the hospital was nicer to you this time. Can't believe they threatened you last time!!! You should of complained! Hugs. Xx

Sproglett, you've done nothing wrong. You did everything you could to keep him protected from the sun. Hope the swelling goes down soon, poor Jacob.

Hope you get an appointment for his scan soon, too. X

Thanks ladies. It took me so much to write that on here as I've tried not to tell anyone unless I had to but I needed to tell someone cuz I just feel so bad :-( - I'm sure we'll forget all about it when he starts to fade back to his normal paler than pale skin. - thankyou all for not judging me, I know that there is more I could have done to prevent it happening but also he looked fine and I thought I was doing enough at the time, I know better now for the future x

Nobody would judge you hun. You did what you thought was best, and if Jacob looked fine at the time then there's nothing more you could've have done. Sometimes these things happen, and although they're not pleasant, it's just the way it is. At least now you know for next time. You can never be too careful. X

Thanks hunny. The peeling process has now begun bless him, fingers crossed that when we do get his scan appointment it's cleared up alot more lol, the swelling has gone down loads today x

ahhhh you did nothing wrong at all...unfortunately these things happen and the fact they make us feel utterly utterly crap is a good thing that we are trying to do nothing but good by our LO's...hugs hun xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->