September 2014 Rainbows- 17 Ladies so far

How are you ladies doing?

Hilslo - Have you picked any boys names yet?
Londongirl - did you ever find out what you're having yet? or did i miss that post?

Weve not really talked about baby names yet but we'll prob start thinking about them after my 20 week scan (Wednesday next week!!!). I think it might be tough though as I like quite traditional names like Ben and Will but dh likes lore unusual ones so could be a few discussions! How about you?

What are you all up to over the bank holiday weekend? We're heading to Barcelona for a city break and can't wait - it feels like forever since I've escaped London!

Any more scans coming up this week or next?

I am with you on the usual name thing. I want something that is normal, but hasn't been used in awhile to make it seem 'new'. I really like Nolan, but Andrew hates it. Then he likes Keith and i refuse that LOL. We will make something work!

Yay to your scan next week! I am excited for you! Mine is the week after, May 1st. It's my 20w scan. I'll be 20w6d when i go. Can't wait to see him!!

As far as Easter weekend... i have nothing planned. Could go for a huge dinner though lol. All i want to do is eat now that i'm home all the time!

I'm with you on the eating front. I can't seem to eat enough but I'm craving lots of naughty things. Biggest craving is chocolate milk. I'm getting through litres of the stuff! Bump has really "popped" now - dh loves it!

Easter is definitely a good excuse to indulge!

Scan countdown has begun for both of us! Excited but nervous!

Hi girls

Hilslo and Babydust - you're having boys - yay so exciting!!!

Hilslo - Barcelona will be amazing.. I just did a weather forecast for Barcelona and it will be sunny and 20* - seriously jealous!! WHat a nice break...

Babydust - Nolan is a gorgeous name. Unique, masculine - really like it. How are you feeling now? Are you well recovered after your surgery? Had the staples out?

As for me, I'm feeling pretty well. Ate non-stop from weeks 5-17 so think I put on a bit of weight! But my appetite is back to normal now - so hopefully I wont turn into an elephant ;) My bump is definitely showing and doesn't go down now. Our 20 week scan is on 2nd May. We'll find out the gender then. My parents-in-law are asking why we're finding out. They don't understand that I've had so many (nasty) surprises with previous MCs, I want no more surprises. I just want to know - so I can bond with baby. If that makes sense xx

Londongirl - So many people have asked me why i want to find out too! People just don't understand if they've never had a miscarriage. It's like "I've waited this long to get where i am.... WHY would i NOT find out?". Very frustrating! Any feeling on what you're having?

Yay all of us have scans coming up! So so exciting. Can't wait to see pics and hear details.

I had a scan yesterday, all looking perfect apparently :)

Next scan is 4 weeks, even after 6mc I'm staying team yellow, I want a surprise :)

Xx

Hope you are strong girl!!! I know i couldn't do that lol. Glad everything went well with your scan. How many weeks are you now?

I keep telling myself i push it out quicker if i dont know what it is, ha ha

I am 17 weeks now, big achievement as i not made it past 6w for the previous 6 pregnancies/miscarriages

xx

that is Wonderful hun. glad everything is working out this time for you!

Hope - yeay for good scan news. I love hearing this!

Londongirl - I'm the opposite - I'm now huge! I seem to have "popped" about 2 weeks ago and now I'm rapidly growing out of all my clothes! Just bought some maternity clothes. Can't seem to find many stores that you can buy in store so had to order online. My work doesn't allow personal deliveries so my husband is going to be pleased when they all arrive at his hehe!

Barcelona is lovely but the weather is a bit grey and miserable today. Oh well - cheering myself up with the fact that I'm HALFWAY!!!!!

Hope you ladies are having a lovely relaxing Easter break!

Happy Easter girls!

my bump isn't very big compared to others. I feel like a lot of it is fat but I honestly don't even know anymore. still not feeling any movement.

this pic is today

Attachments

• IMG_20140420_124037.jpg
    IMG_20140420_124037.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 3
Babydust that's a lovely bump (and dress!). Definitely baby not fat! Do you know if you have an anterior placenta?

I found out at the gender scan that I do so very normal not to feel kicks until later than most. They didn't tell me about it but on the info they filled in it was noted. I hadn't felt anything until last night. I think I may have felt my first kicks yesterday evening. Could see them too which surprised me as I thought seeing would come way after feeling them. Maybe it was just gas!!

Does anyone else find bubs prefers one side? Mine always seems to be on the right hand side. If I lie flat I look very lop-sided!

Babydust I LOVE your photo :) you look so cute! Def bump not fat!!!

Hilslo yay for feeling the kick - awesome!!!!

Mine DEF prefers the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyluck84
My husband felt at 19 weeks this is my first. He seems to feel them better when I am lying down
Same

I woke up in the middle of the night with my tummy hurting. I felt a big lump pushing up out of it. I felt it and it then moved and flattened out a bit.

Pretty sure it was bub - pretty damn amazing :)

I think mine is usually quite far back and maybe that's why bump seems quite small to me. I'll go take a pic!

My smallish bump - well I think it's small for nearly 19 weeks :shrug:

Attachments

• bump.jpg
    bump.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 3
Hilslo - i too think i felt my first kick last night! BUT i ate so much food yesterday that it could have been gas! LOL. I'm pretty sure i felt it though because it was a strong one. Nothing since then. As far as baby being on one side... i wouldn't know for sure what side baby was on since i don't feel much, but when i use my doppler baby seems to be on the left every time. Baby is still low though. I don't know if i have an anterior placenta. Dr has never said anything to me, but the more i think about it, the more i wonder. I will ask the ultrasound tech at my next scan!

Londongirl - sounds like that lump was baby! How exciting!! Love your photo too! I can definitely see a bump. Super cute. I am a lot bigger than you (as a person) so i think that's why my bump looks the way it does. I've also gained 25 lbs already.... I really need to quit with the over eating. :dohh:

I can't wait for our scans and really can't wait for us to feel consistent kicks! At night i feel like i have to pee so much. It hurts! I feel pressure too afterwards when i relieve myself. So weird! Things are changing a bit as far as how/what i'm feeling and i am so excited for it.

Had my 20 week scan today and everything went well :) more relieved than anything else.

Bean was being lazy and was in the wrong position and she said she couldn't see all the heart chambers so we were sent off for some sugar and a can of coke. Stupidly used google in the hour in between and was terrified by the time we came back!!!

The tech said my placenta was fundal (on the top) which confused me as we had previously thought it was anterior. Either way means longer to feel kicks but as long as it's all going ok in there I'm not too bothered. They will come!

Now passing the positive 20 week scan vibes to you Babydust as I think you're next!!!!

Londongirl - your little bump looks so elegant compared to my big bruiser!

Hilslo - so happy everything went great with your 20w scan!! Google is sooo scary lol. I'm just very glad baby is doing great!! I've heard of a fundal placenta. I'm going to have to google it now lol.

Yup my scan is a week from tmrw! Can not wait!!!

OH! and... last night i was laying on my back and decided to start poking lightly on my bump. Sure enough i felt little man give a little kick and then felt him squirming around! Have felt little flutters here and there today. I hope i am on the right track of feeling him daily.

So excited for you Babydust!! How lovely that he's responding to you - it must make you feel much closer to him. I can't wait to feel regular movement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->