September 2014 Rainbows- 17 Ladies so far

it is real neat. I can only feel stuff when I'm laying on my back. hope movements start soon for you

are you measuring right on track still? your due date the same?

Yep sept 7th. Planning to finish work on 15th August. Feels like a million miles away right now lol!

When are you planning to go on mat leave?

Hilslo – my gosh I was SOOO happy to read about your scan. I can only imagine how scary that hour was waiting, and totally relate to the Googling. But it’s all wonderful news!!

Babydust – how amazing you felt the baby move – isn’t it absolutely incredible?? I also only feel it when I lie down and put my hand on my stomach and wait. Sometimes it’s a light kick, but it also feels so amazing when you feel the whole big movement! Has your hubby felt it yet? Just one week to go til your scan. Mine is in 9 days (next Friday).

As for me, no real news aside from the fact I used my Doppler this evening and heard NOTHING. And I mean NOTHING for about 4 whole minutes. Then I found the little bugger hiding down left hand side and he must have been back really far. Those few minutes of not hearing anything made my heart nearly stop.

After 2 previous losses, I never thought I’d get here. And then to think for a second it was taken away, I was so scared. SOOO I’m going to try to use the Doppler less and freak out less if it takes a while to find the heartbeat ☺

On a nicer note, my hubby and I went for a jog this evening. I jogged really slowly and he did loops around me! Went for 35 minutes. Feel really good and glad I’m still able to do some activity ☺

What are your next milestones (babydust, yours is your 20w scan I assume?) how about you hilslo?

xx

Hilslo - i don't know what i'm doing as far as mat leave. I'm thinking of working as long as i can until i have him so i can spend as much time as i can with him when he's here before i go back to work. How long of a mat leave do you guys get? It's only 6 weeks here :(

Londongirl - That is amazing you can still jog. Last year i was 100+ lbs heavier than i am now. I lost all of it in 8 months. Then i found out i was pregnant in Jan. I stopped working out because i started worrying that it would make me lose the baby. In reality, that is so far from the truth! I wish i would of kept going with everything. I try to eat well, but i've slacked the last 2-3 weeks which has made me gain. Since i've been on this leave for my surgery.. i can't do much which is making the weight pack on. :grr: sucks!!! I too am trying to tear away from the doppler! Yesterday was my first day not using it in 10 weeks. Isn't that awful? It was my security blanket this whole time. I told myself once i felt kicks i would stop using it, but sure enough i haven't felt anything yet today.

As for next milestone - of course my 20w scan going great is my biggest tackle, but after that it's getting to V day! What about all of you?

Hi girls
I have my 20-week scan in a week. I'm pretty nervous about it. Aside from this pregnancy, I've never had a good pregnancy scan. It's always previously been bad luck. So for this 12 week scan, I burst into tears when I got into that room (luckily it was all good news).

I haven't had a scan since. I know his/her heartbeat has been strong everyday (yes I test daily lol). But I'm so scared they're gonna say he/she's not viable/too small to survive/only has half a heart or something !!?

Were you all nervous for yours? Can you tell me a bit about how it pans out - what they do and what to expect, etc?

Xx

Also I guess at least one good thing is I def kno he/she's alive - so it's more just about worrying there is something grossly wrong :/

Londongirl - I have the same exact fears that you have! I also use doppler daily. My 20w scan is the day before yours. Not really sure what to expect. So scared they're going to tell me baby has a cyst somewhere or something isn't measuring right. I am just completely terrified! I had a scan at 12w and another at 16w. For both the lady was really looking at my ovaries more than baby because of that tumor i had. So i'm hoping for no surprises. All we can do is pray. I had a quad test done at 16w to see if baby had down synd, trisomy 18 or spina bifida or whatever it's called. Everything came back negative. So i am hoping i am in the clear for that. Good luck with your scan. You're not alone. I am right there with you. So worried and so afraid. :hugs:

20w today! yay! halfway. banana!!

Thanks Babydust! So glad to know I'm not alone. My sister is a geneticist and she said if the scan is normal at 12 weeks there is a waaay reduced chance Of being a problem at 20 weeks. And the fact you had a normal one at 16 weeks makes that even better! She said the further you get prOblem-free, the way less chance Of problems :)

Hey girls! 2 weeks ago i won a free psychic reading from this lady that i've never been read by. I am completely blown away by what she saw. I never told her i was pregnant. Never said anything at all to do with baby. This was her response:

Hey Rachael!
Sorry for the delay in getting this reading to you..
I am sensing a baby BOY is on his way to you.... looks like in the fall.. october?
When he enters this world it will bring so much more joy to your marriage.. You both now feel complete with this little miracle! Being home with your boy you feel is the greatest gift.. Because of this you and your husband try to work out a way for you to stay home.. I am picking up on some kind of home business that is just what you guys need!... you will feel so overjoyed each day to be able to stay home and be a great housewife and mom. The number 12 is significant for your son coming, not exactly sure how though. I also see him coming about 3 days early. You tend to be incredibly optimistic and believe that everything that happens is for the best. When you must face a setback, your never depressed. You are great self-starter who always seems to have a plan. You have the vision and determination to get what you want in life. You do exceptionally well in careers such as teaching and counseling so this leads me to believe that you will maybe run a home daycare or tutoring etc? There are many projects you wish to accomplish in life and I see you being able to get to alot of your BUCKET LIST early :):)

-- Super crazy because i've been thinking about not going back to work once i have him and start babysitting. So so crazy! The number 12 is significant to him because i'm due the 12th of Sept!

Hey girls! How are you doing?! My ultrasound is in just 3 days! woohoo. Have any of you started registering yet? I've been looking everywhere for things and come to find out pretty much everything i want for baby is at Walmart lol. I got half of my registry done, but still need to look more.

Have you girls thought about breastfeeding? I've never really looked far into it, so i just started to and i am definitely going to try and pump. I called my insurance company and come to find out they cover it. So i will get a free breast pump (YAY!). I just hope i can produce enough to be able to keep doing it for the whole first year. I was thinking of doing cloth diapers, but DH does NOT want to lol. So i may veto that.

Hope you all are doing well! Friday is your scan Londongirl! woohoo!!

Hey Babydust

How amazing is that psychic reading??? Where did you win it?? It's a really positive one - stuff like that blows my mind!

How are you feeling about your 20 week scan? I have a mix between dread that something is wrong and excitement that we will find out the gender. With the dread, at least with the doppler I know it has a good heartbeat and I now feel it move daily. However, I still worry there's something wrong :( Guess that's pretty normal after what I (we all) have been through this far. I think especially since I don't have any kids yet, having so many trouble just getting to this point has been extra hard. If I already had one child, I'd at least know I CAN do it. So that's the worried side of me. But then the other side of me is like 'just enjoy it!!'

My in-laws don't understand why we are finding out the sex. I'm like, i've had so may nasty surprises this far, I finally want to have a nice surprise. It will help me bond with it more too. Did you guys find that when you found out you're having boys, Hilslo and Babydust?

Good on you for registering, Babydust. I'm not going to do that as…. we are moving half way across the world to Canada in June!!! Can you believe it? We are moving to a whole new country (where I know 2 people - and only ex-colleagues!!!) and having a baby a couple of months later!! So i'll have to buy all my stuff there.

Re breastfeeding, I'm with you Babydust. I'll give it a try and see what happens. Excuse my ignorance, though, what's the advantages of the pump? Do you use the pump exclusively? I thought it was used with normal breastfeeding as well?

xx

20 week scan i am feeling exactly like you. Yesterday was my first day feeling him move a lot, but today nothing so far. The more i feel him, the more i think i'll be able to enjoy it lol. Right now i am off work because of the surgery, but once i have to go back i am going to be dreading it SOOO bad. I hate my job! I work at a hotel cleaning rooms. It's awful trying to bend over tubs all day to clean them with a baby in your belly lol. I actually have an interview tmrw to be a supervisor at a hotel. I haven't told her i'm pregnant yet. I imagine that will ruin my chances.

Wow you're moving to Canada?! That's awesome! What's making you guys make the move? I heard in Canada you get a whole year off with your baby once you have it! Here you only get 6 weeks off :(

As for finding out the sex.. i had some girls from work asking me why i wanted to find out. I was like umm i've waited this long to get this far! I WANT TO KNOW! lol. I can't wait to find out what you're having. I have a feeling a girl for you. Don't know why. Have you checked out what the Chinese Calendar says for you? It was right with me.

Pump is definitely used for breastfeeding. I think i am going to do just pump because i'm afraid baby might have latching problems. I'm afraid if i get him hooked onto my boob and we're out in public and he's hungry... i don't want others being offended by me breastfeeding. I don't have a problem with it. I just don't want others to. I guess i really shouldn't care, but i think i'm gonna stick to pumping so he can be bottle fed.

Oh my - so much to catch up on!

London girl - I can't believe you're still running - good for you! I've resorted to swimming and have joined a maternity fitness class which is fun.

Whereabouts are you moving to in Canada? My dh is Canadian so I've been there a lot. Such lovely people and amazing scenery! You might not know many people there but a baby will be a great way to meet people through play groups etc so I say perfect timing!!

Baby dust - v spooky about the psychic. I'm such a cynic though I wondering how she knew-maybe searching Facebook? I bet you now tell me you're not on Facebook and I'll be stumped lol!

Remind me - where are you living. 6 weeks is really short :-( can you take longer unpaid? I can't wait to leave my job either. It's v stressful and I feel run ragged all day. Don't know how how going to do it when I'm further along!

Ladies - I can't wait to hear all about your scans. After all we've been through I think e just expect something to go wrong again so it's natural to worry but try to focus on the excitement as much as you can ( much easier said than done I know !)

London girl - I'm feeling girl for you too (though I thought that for me too and was dead wrong!)

Afm - I've really started to feel baby kick. Last night when I went to bed he was kicking so hard you could see it really obviously from the outside. Dh and I got v excited!!!

Hilslo - YAY to feeling and seeing baby kick! That is great. You girls are making me feel bad that you're exercising while preg lol. I just sit here and stuff my face. I'm from the United States and the standard time for maternity leave is 6 weeks. I know there's another form where you can do 12 weeks, but not sure how that works. Everyone i know usually takes 6 weeks. Oh and yes i do have facebook lol. I will be real freaked out if i have him on Sept 9th since that is what she's predicting lol. DH's bday is Sept 8th so that would be super cute.

Anywho... just curious, how old are you girls?

It’s so reassuring you girls understand the trepidation (worry + huge excitement) I feel. Isn’t it funny, Babydust and Hilslo, that the three of us had such a similar background with the two losses and then our rainbow babies now ☺ Amazing that our bubs will all be just a week apart or so!!

Funny you both ‘feel’ we are having a girl. We are both just have no idea! I’ll attach a picture of it at 12 weeks to see if that helps ;) Imagine if we all had boys and we met up one day with them!

Babydust – I can’t believe you have to be cleaning hotel rooms and bending over bathtubs and stuff like that :/ That is really, really hard work. I really feel for you. Has your employer done an occupational health assessment? I can’t imagine how you did that with the fatigue and nausea of first trimester…

So exciting we are all feeling the babies move!!! And Hilslo – you and your hubby could SEE it – wow!!!! Isn’t it too good to be true when it happens? It’s such a funny sensation. For me, when it’s a big one, I feel a tightness and then a KICK – and when my hubby has his hand against my tummy we both feel it at the same time ☺

Babydust, I have to say, the pump would be so appealing – esp as it means husband can do one of the night shifts!!! I love my sleep too much ;) Hilslo – what are you planning to do?

Hilslo – swimming and maternity fitness class sounds awesome. What do you do in the maternity fitness? Are the other ladies nice?

We are moving to Vancouver as my husband got a one-year position there (he’s a doctor). I have been to Vancouver for a conference in 2009 and totally fell in love with it – beautiful, beautiful city ☺ Hilslo, where’s your hubby from?

Well, 2.5 days ‘til the scan. Can’t wait to get thru it – and of course I’ll update you straight afterwards!

xx

Attachments

• bubble.png
    bubble.png
    184.7 KB · Views: 2
Ooh Vancouver's a great City!!! Hubby's from the East Coast but lived in Calgary and then Vancouver for a couple of years each. If you like sushi you're going to be in heaven. Plus the Rockies are only a short drive away- you can go skiing at the weekends. It's also far less cold in the Winter than the rest of Canada! :)

I'm 33 (eek - when did that happen?). I've not thought as far as when bubs is born yet. Still can't quite believe it will happen! I'll probably try to do a mixture of both so that if I'm away for an evening then he won't grumble too much hopefully!

I can't believe the US are so stingy with mat leave!!!! In the uk you can take up to a year (not all paid though) so that's what I'm planning. First time round I had planned 9 months. Now I think sod it - I'm doing the full year.

My maternity class is quite low impact but we do a bit of cv work, a bit of light arm weights and some stretching. I really look forward to it. It's between my house and the tube so v convenient!

Hurry up scans - I can't wait to hear good news!

Thank you!!! I am super stoked and can't wait. Baby has been on the quiet side today. He must be sleepy. Hope he's well rested for tmrw. lol. Oh and i'll be 26 in June. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->