*** September 2020 Babies ***

I’m in the United States. I had a scan so early due to my previous ectopic. With my son, my first scan was at 8 weeks, and that’s pretty typical here.

Wow that’s so early, in the UK we get a 12 week and a 20 week scan for free on the NHS but if we want any before or outside of these we need to pay for them privately unless they are needed for medical reasons

I am in the US. My first scan this time will be when I am 9 weeks. My first scan with my son was 6 weeks.

I am small and didn't have much of a bump til 20 weeks, but no one (strangers) really noticed I was pregnant until I was 8 months. I carried kinda low too.

My boobs have been on fire last night and today . This is my main symptom right now other than metallic taste & anxiety. Oh and I am hungry, but once I start eating, I can't eat much

What month did you / will you start baby shopping? Even if it’s small items etc !! I see so many cute outfits . It’s early so I’m trying to hold back haha! I’m booked in for an early private 8 weeks scan tho in 2.5 weeks xxx

How many weeks will you be when you have that scan :) I’ve just booked a private one xxx

7 w 4 d - roughly of course! I’m quite anxious - my symptoms seem to have all but gone :/

What month did you / will you start baby shopping? Even if it’s small items etc !! I see so many cute outfits . It’s early so I’m trying to hold back haha! I’m booked in for an early private 8 weeks scan tho in 2.5 weeks xxx

Last time I waited until about 20 weeks to actually buy, had done plenty of “research” before then but wanted to make absolutely sure everything was ok before I took the plunge.

This time, I don’t know. We have a lot of the stuff from having our first so won’t actually need to buy that much, that being said I will buy some new stuff to prepare that is this baby’s own. We’ve had lots of stories of people we know losing later on recently so I’m very cautious and our recent loss has made me realise how much I took my first pregnancy for granted really, I was so naive.

7 w 4 d - roughly of course! I’m quite anxious - my symptoms seem to have all but gone :/
I’ve hardly had any symptoms at all so I wouldn’t worry too much :) except my boobs ONLY feel tender when I poke them. And cried 2 times in 1.5 weeks over NOTHING just felt sad. But other then that nothing. Xxx

I’ve hardly had any symptoms at all so I wouldn’t worry too much :) except my boobs ONLY feel tender when I poke them. And cried 2 times in 1.5 weeks over NOTHING just felt sad. But other then that nothing. Xxx
Oh and I had some cramping yesterday a little like period cramps but lasted a few hours then went xx

Can you place me at the 19th? :) I’m 4w2d!

Got my 2-3 this morning (16dpo) yaaayy!

as for scans, I have one on my pelvis on Sunday checking my ovaries as I had one 5 weeks ago and showed a grey area so they want to check what it is and they’ll probably check my uterus too as they did last time. Hoping I might see a sac in the right place?

And then I will have:
8 weeks (private)
12 weeks (nhs)
16 weeks (4D private gender scan)
20 weeks (nhs)
~30 weeks (4D private scan)

this is what I had with DD

Got my 2-3 this morning (16dpo) yaaayy!

as for scans, I have one on my pelvis on Sunday checking my ovaries as I had one 5 weeks ago and showed a grey area so they want to check what it is and they’ll probably check my uterus too as they did last time. Hoping I might see a sac in the right place?

And then I will have:
8 weeks (private)
12 weeks (nhs)
16 weeks (4D private gender scan)
20 weeks (nhs)
~30 weeks (4D private scan)

this is what I had with DD

Yay!!! I haven’t got 3+ yet, which of course is making me worry. I’ve been googling like a crazy person!

Oooh by a private scan, you're talking about paying for it out of pocket? No, my insurance will cover the scan. I'll be doing this scan next week at just after 7 weeks and then they do the gender scan around 18 weeks and that's usually it.

When it comes to buying clothes.. I always buy a gender specific outfit right after the gender scan, and then I just buy something whenever I see something cute I like! However, I bought a onesie already for a present for OH :cloud9:

p.s my nausea is constant. Meh morning (yeah right, you mean all day) sickness SUCKS!

Last edited:
Welcome and congratulations skyye!

One week to go until my midwife appointment. My plan is to see what she says re: the possibility of an early scan, and if I'm not offered one, then book one privately, because there's no way I'm going to make it to twelve weeks without losing my mind otherwise!

Having one of those days where I don't really 'feel' pregnant other than being tired/hungry, but keep reminding myself it's still early days (7 weeks tomorrow!)

Welcome and congratulations skyye!

One week to go until my midwife appointment. My plan is to see what she says re: the possibility of an early scan, and if I'm not offered one, then book one privately, because there's no way I'm going to make it to twelve weeks without losing my mind otherwise!

Having one of those days where I don't really 'feel' pregnant other than being tired/hungry, but keep reminding myself it's still early days (7 weeks tomorrow!)
That’s exactly how I feel. But I’m only 5 weeks and 3 days. I don’t feel pregnant at all. Except tired and hungry like you. And tender boobs (but I don’t notice them unless I poke the sides and then I notice ) but I’m in the same boat. I’ve had period cramps on and off. But I’ve got a scan book at 8 weeks a private one so I just don’t feel pregnant !! Xxx

With my first, I think I started working on his room when I was around 25ish weeks, and had pretty much everything done after my baby showers at 32 weeks.

This time, I’m not planning on having a baby shower, but I am going to start registries for the coupons & discounts. I might start those after my dating scan just so I can start researching the items I’m going to buy. I read a TON of reviews, lol. I need to start “working” on the baby’s room ASAP, but by that I just mean clean all the stuff out of it. There’s a lot of stuff in there we plan to sell & have been putting it off. By the time I get through all that, it may be a normal time to start working on the nursery for real lol.

As far as symptoms go...
My nausea has gotten better, not completely gone, but still having digestive issues. My stomach gets super uncomfortable with what I think are has pains. Tomorrow, I’m going to get serious with myself about drinking enough fluids, and I really hope that helps!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->