September 2021 due date babies!!!

Checking in for news!

Quick moan while I'm here - so I've given up expressing as of today, boooo! Literally can't keep the supply up, I've tried everything, from special tea to a two-hourly schedule, but I'm lucky to get an ounce and a half a day now. So it's really not worth it.

I only did a month with my other kid too, so in that sense I'm not too gutted: that one thrived on formula and I was very happy to get just that first month's worth into him - but I was really hoping to keep going with this one til I'd had both jabs, so he'd get any possible benefits.

Though, disappointment aside, I am celebrating reclaiming my boobs with a long-awaited can of Red Bull, so I'm absolutely buzzing on caffeine now and ready to take on anything!

:holly:

If I drank, I'd definitely be cracking open something strong this evening; I'll have to make do with pushing the caffeine threshold even higher with excessive cups of tea :rofl:

Checking in for news!

Quick moan while I'm here - so I've given up expressing as of today, boooo! Literally can't keep the supply up, I've tried everything, from special tea to a two-hourly schedule, but I'm lucky to get an ounce and a half a day. So it's really not worth it.

I only did a month with my other kid too, so in that sense I'm not too gutted: that one thrived on formula and I was very happy to get that first month's worth into him - but I was really hoping to keep going with this one til I'd had both jabs, so he'd get any possible benefits.
Oh that’s always a tough time, if you’d hoped for a bit longer. Very great job though. It does take a while to completely stop producing milk so I wonder when you’re vaxxed if you could start pumping a bit again for a few days and see if anything comes of it?? Can’t hurt?? Good job though mama, expressing is a hard road!!

Lone you’ve done great don’t be too tough on yourself pumping is hard

@LoneWanderer

Please don't beat ureself up hon its such a tough decision' but at least u tried and u lasted a whole month which is so much better than what I managed when I breastfed my first 2.
Gave up after 2 weeks the cracked bleeding sore nipples and the mistitas was the icing on the cake.
U did amazingly well hon.
Well done you be proud of yourself becuase breast feeding is hard.

@atx614 congrats

@LoneWanderer the post about pumping could have come straight out of my mouth except I've only been going just over a week! Only one boob worked from the off this time, so I was wonky, and the left one is getting less and less every day, and goes purple every time I pump sticking with it for now, but not getting my hopes up!

@atx614 congrats

@LoneWanderer the post about pumping could have come straight out of my mouth except I've only been going just over a week! Only one boob worked from the off this time, so I was wonky, and the left one is getting less and less every day, and goes purple every time I pump sticking with it for now, but not getting my hopes up!

Even the first week is awesome though, that's where the best stuff is! Good luck if you keep going and well bloody done to you, but don't push through if it's too much - this past week has definitely been tough, all that effort and very little to show for it, plus the little bugger would often leave half of what I got for him anyway :rofl:

Aside from the antibody thing, I'm honestly pretty happy with the decision to stop. There's just not enough hours in the day already, what with the toddler and the baby and uni and work, and I have definitely claimed a few of them back. And now I don't have to watch what I eat and drink, no more cleaning the bloody pump all day, more snuggly baby time... lots of good points.

How's everyone getting on anyway, presume most are well on the way to recovery now? And how are all the lovely squishy babies? Still can't believe mine's five weeks old tomorrow, absolutely insane. Plus Toddlybobs is two in just over a week... time is mental.

Doing good here.
Had a bit of a wobble last night. Just the thought of turning 42 in Dec and getting older and menopause etc. I don't know I just got really upset.

Started taking the mini pill yesterday which really I didn't want to but deep down I know its for the best for now.
Not sure how long I will stay on it for.
Last time i was on it I was having 2 periods a month which was not fun.
But will see how I get on this time around.
Wud still love to have one more baby in the not to far future if its possible.

Little man is doing well. He will be 4 weeks on Sunday which I can not believe.

He is still in Tiny baby clothing but it's fitting him rather snug now so think another week and we will have to put him in first size then after that will be 0-3.

He is doing better with his feeds now. He has about 3oz and at night he has a feed at 11pm then 2am then he sleeps through untill 6am.
Dh does that 6am feed which is nice.

So glad we chose to put him on Hiip Oraganic formula and the Nuby bottles.
He seems very settled on it.

When Tommy was 3 weeks old he developed bad colic/reflux and was so fussy and hard to feed.
He grew out of it by the time he was 10 11 weeks old but my gosh when he had the colic it was so so hard. So praying Harley doesn't get it.

We still need to get Harley registered. I've rang them twice but goes to a answer machine.
Will try again tomorrow or next day if they don't call me back.

Terrible headache today. Do miss the not being able to rest and sleep esp when u feel crappy. But sat here todler playing and baby snuggled in my arms.
Just listening to his adorable little nosies<3

@LoneWanderer yeah I totally get you on the time thing, some days there are definitely not enough hours in the day! Weird comment, but I was sat in the bath today, and you know that weird tingly feeling you get when a little bit of milk is about to come out (I hope this is something other people get, or I seem really weird right now!)...anyway that happened, and when I looked down there was a drip of milk on my left boob, and colostrum on my right!! ...science is so weird!

@Suggerhoney I made the appointment for registering baby online, don't know if that's an option for you where you are, but may be worth a try. Also here (staffs) there is almost a 6 week wait for appointments at the moment!

She’s here! Super easy birth thankfully!! Will update more later. Breast feeding is hard so far. Trying to stick with it

View attachment 1102509
Oh my lord she's absolutely gorgeous. So happy for an easier labour for you! Well done!! I'm sorry about BF... Breastfeeding is always hard for me - stick it out and it will get better! It's always a rough couple of weeks at the beginning (sometimes a few months honestly). I know it's so hard and you just want to give up. If they have it, ask for "APNO" all purpose nipple ointment prescription as it eases the pain and helps healing so much if your nipples are being maimed! You are amazing! She's so lovely. Congrats.

@atx614 sorry breastfeeding is tough, hopefully it gets better, definitely check for tongue tie just incase as that made it so much harder for us.

We are doing good Everett was 5 weeks old yesterday, he is going through he first wonder weeks leap and can definitely notice a difference in him, he’s love clingy but also definitely more interested in everything going on around him. We went out for the day Sunday and I got some lovely photos, ignore the marks I shared them on my photography Twitter too!

I never got round to adding anyone of Facebook those ladies who are happy to share what names etc can I find you under?

9E76ABF1-12AC-4121-B240-AF6A3D3064FA.jpeg 45060091-774D-4DC3-8EFE-485BFBE8A15E.jpeg 25133F91-703B-4434-BF16-B867F7D56584.jpeg 5985B994-297F-4B5C-AFF2-567F991E11A3.jpeg

@atx614 sorry breastfeeding is tough, hopefully it gets better, definitely check for tongue tie just incase as that made it so much harder for us.

We are doing good Everett was 5 weeks old yesterday, he is going through he first wonder weeks leap and can definitely notice a difference in him, he’s love clingy but also definitely more interested in everything going on around him. We went out for the day Sunday and I got some lovely photos, ignore the marks I shared them on my photography Twitter too!

I never got round to adding anyone of Facebook those ladies who are happy to share what names etc can I find you under?

View attachment 1102570 View attachment 1102571 View attachment 1102572 View attachment 1102573
Aww gorgeous photos

il pm you my name as I don’t want to post here I’m not sure if you’ll be able to find me but I can search for you if not :).

We are doing great things have settled nicely now :). Breastfeeding is good after the mastitis and toungue tie issues. We also have a clingy baby she won’t go in her basket or crib but of course being held by me or daddy is wonderful haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->