September 2021 due date babies!!!

Has anyone heard of a haakaa pump? I used it at the start but beciade of the mastitis they told me not to but I started using it again and oh the amount of milk compared to the medela electric pump!
I’ve got a lump still from the affected breast and this morning after a mammoth night of 10 min feed 10 min sleep for 4 hours I woke up to a huge painful lump the same lump bit bigger :( trying to push and massage to nipple just now and there is milk coming out so I hope it’s just a bit clogged

@Bittersweet tey and out babies nose towards the lump when feeding even if this meaning feeding in a different position to normal. Also I find the Hakka hurts or hasn’t got enough suction I can’t get it just right

@Bittersweet tey and out babies nose towards the lump when feeding even if this meaning feeding in a different position to normal. Also I find the Hakka hurts or hasn’t got enough suction I can’t get it just right
I’m try that it’s red and hot but I think that’s from the massaging and hot water bottle treatment. The haakaa needs a bit of positioning to get right but once i got it managed to do it I only keep it on 10mjbs maximum though. Really hope this isn’t masistis starting again but I dunno how as her latch is fine but maybe just the position of the night feed and her not emptying enough she was crying constantly to move to other boob from one bloody knackering

I’m try that it’s red and hot but I think that’s from the massaging and hot water bottle treatment. The haakaa needs a bit of positioning to get right but once i got it managed to do it I only keep it on 10mjbs maximum though. Really hope this isn’t masistis starting again but I dunno how as her latch is fine but maybe just the position of the night feed and her not emptying enough she was crying constantly to move to other boob from one bloody knackering
If she’s moving too often you won’t be emptying properly. Do you have a breast feeding support group or anything local maybe worth getting them involved for support.
Also random have you checked for milk blebs on the nipple that might be stopping the milk?

@Zoboe95

Thanks hon. I did manage to book him in for 15th October at 11am to be registered. I did it on line in the end which was easy.
He has a hip scan on 12th October too. Although I'm not sure why.
They was a bit worried about his foot turning in when he was born so it cud be that but that's fine now and much straighter. I just think it was still curled in from him bring in Me and now it's had time to straiten out.

I'm on FB @MadamRose but I have my account set to privet.
But u can message me on messenger and I can add u.

I'm Danielle-Marie Slater Arnold on there.

How is everyone else doing and how are all the gorgeous babies doing?

Little man wudnt sleep last night at all. From 11pm to 4am he was quite fussy and wudnt settle.
Seemed OK on me but as soon as I put him in the basket he was getting fussy.
Really strange becuase he has been sleeping so well at night. Well apart from when he wants feeding but he wud always go back down so easily. But nope not last night.

Thinking maybe he cud be going through a leap and apparently they can have the first one around 4 weeks and he's 4 weeks on Sunday.

Hopefully tonight will be a little easier.

Got the house work all done today and the washing so at least that's something so can just watch TV and chill now a bit more now I know that's all done.

Started watching a good drama series last night on itv.
Called something close or street and about a missing boy.
Can't wait for next week's.

Has anyone heard of a haakaa pump? I used it at the start but beciade of the mastitis they told me not to but I started using it again and oh the amount of milk compared to the medela electric pump!
I’ve got a lump still from the affected breast and this morning after a mammoth night of 10 min feed 10 min sleep for 4 hours I woke up to a huge painful lump the same lump bit bigger :( trying to push and massage to nipple just now and there is milk coming out so I hope it’s just a bit clogged
Ugh that sucks. Didn’t you just finishe your antibiotics for mastitis? Maybe the course wasn’t long enough? I’ve only ever had clogged ducts once or twice and I’d but it up there with labour contraction pain. You really have to bite the bullet, heat it, and massage the s*** out of it even if it makes you cry :( and yes pointing baby’s nose right at the lump while you’re feeding was a tip I got. I personally won’t use a hakaa again - my last baby it messed up my milk supply and I went low because of it.

@Suggerhoney he could be having a leap for sure. Its so hard to tell sometimes with these babies sometimes it’s just one off fussy nights too.

we are doing good I can’t get in to register Everett until November ](*,)it’s a nightmare around here. Glad they’ve lifted the 6 week rule for now but a nightmare for getting him a bank etc. Everett normally wakes twice a night at the moment it’s 1 and 3 ish which isn’t too bad at all. We think we might be starting to get smiles - it’s hard to tell as we’ve had windy ones since 2 weeks. It’s hard to tell if these are still wind related or not as he won’t always give up his wind :lol:

Ugh that sucks. Didn’t you just finishe your antibiotics for mastitis? Maybe the course wasn’t long enough? I’ve only ever had clogged ducts once or twice and I’d but it up there with labour contraction pain. You really have to bite the bullet, heat it, and massage the s*** out of it even if it makes you cry :( and yes pointing baby’s nose right at the lump while you’re feeding was a tip I got. I personally won’t use a hakaa again - my last baby it messed up my milk supply and I went low because of it.
My breast is so red today from all the massage but I’m gonna get in the bath tomorrow night and massage like hell! Been using my tooth brush on it as well. These are keeping it at bay from going to infection again. The lumps been there since before the mastitis but it gets sore and big then dies down again. Need it to just leave lol. I did finish the course it was 10 days worth in hoping I don’t need to get them again but my doctors are so good I called first thing and the prescription was ready by 10:30. Had my 6 week check yesterday and she said if I need them again just to call and a doctor will sort it but that I’m doing everything right.

@Bittersweet try a hot wash cloth on it before you massage like literally the hottest you can stand. Also definitely look into feeding support incase something else is influencing it

All gone a bit tits up over here. Found a very weird looking lump. I mean, I actually found it a long while ago (even saw doctor for it a few months back and they said it was fine at the time). But it's now suddenly bigger, and sore and black.
Waiting for GP to call and arrange a biopsy but honestly, I already know it's not good. Hopefully just a case of 'chop the bugger out and be done with it', but with all this time that's passed, who knows. Proper taken the shine off the newborn bubble, that's for sure.

I mean, on the plus side, I've been wanting an excuse to brave a flipped-over undercut hairstyle for ages and if they do cut it out and leave a scar, I'll have a reason to take the plunge :rofl:

Oh hon I really hope its nothing serious I'm thinking if you

@LoneWanderer i hope it’s nothing that a bit scary! How did you get on with the bleeding etc?

@MadamRose ive had the team out a few times and then her tie was cut. Tbh I think what happened wa sas the night progressed I got lazier and Troy to help her latch. She gets weighted Wednesday so hopefully she’s gained a bit as she can still fit in newborn though some are tighter it does make me worry as the ones she can get Into are 10lbs. She was 8lbs 5 3 weeks ago so I would have hoped for at least 2-3lbs gain but if she hasn’t it’s suggest her latch still isnt right so I need to work that out

Thinking little man has colic he's became restless at night and sqeeels. Poor baba. We have started him on Infacol so hope that helps.
He's 8lbs now and 4 weeks old today.
Definitely filling out but still dinky esp for 4 weeks old. Still in tiny baby clothes. Can't believe how long they have lasted.

How are all the babies doing?

Suggar I can’t believe how fast that’s gone!

my hv cancelled due to personal issues but then another one tected and is coming out Thursday. I mentioned to my gp my anxiety was a bit back just worry about cot death (we are co sleeping) and my sons behaviour has been difficult coupled with some work issues and my oh doing his hobby 9.5 hours at a weekend and this week when he’s off. So I think it’s more exhaustion but I wondered if that’s why there is one coming out this week as well as little miss not being weighed since 3 weeks old and at that she was only just over birth weight

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->